• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Booted Colorado Sen. embarrasses herself again....

Gun-grabber Angela Giron embarrasses herself again | Twitchy

I don' t think she (or any of the anti-gun) people can help but do this, over and over and over. [/FONT][/COLOR]
I heard about this on local radio news. She couldn't look more like an idiot if she tried. The rape comments she made before they **** canned her fat ass were bad enough, but she either straight up lied or is a complete moron for this one.

This one's for you, Angela.

Reminds me of the Republican state legislators who have repeatedly embarrassed their party and constituents.

what does that have to do with this thread. I cannot think of any GOP politicians who have been as idiotic on gun issues as this turd unless you want to consider the asshole mayor of NYC since he once claimed to be GOP

what does that have to do with this thread. I cannot think of any GOP politicians who have been as idiotic on gun issues as this turd unless you want to consider the asshole mayor of NYC since he once claimed to be GOP

Arbo presented the OP as if it represented compulsive idiocy on the part of gun control advocates. I'm merely pointing out that the Republican party is rife this grade of idiocy as well.

Reminds me of the Republican state legislators who have repeatedly embarrassed their party and constituents.
Ah...the standard, embarrassing "well....THEY did it TOO" deflection" Because...THATS such an intelligent response.

GFL

:lamo

Arbo presented the OP as if it represented compulsive idiocy on the part of gun control advocates. I'm merely pointing out that the Republican party is rife this grade of idiocy as well.

There are many people here at DP who are fond of swooping in a dropping a "your side does it too!!!!! Nyahhh!!!" guano-glop into just about any thread. Arguments tu quoque, of course, do not excuse anything.

Ah...the standard, embarrassing "well....THEY did it TOO" deflection" Because...THATS such an intelligent response.

GFL

:lamo

There are many people here at DP who are fond of swooping in a dropping a "your side does it too!!!!! Nyahhh!!!" guano-glop into just about any thread. Arguments tu quoque, of course, do not excuse anything.

I have no interest in excusing anything whatsoever. Idiocy is idiocy no matter whose mouth it leaks out of. I just get sick and tired threads where one side points to the other and laughs when by all rights everybody should be disgusted with everybody at this point.

In other words, I'm not trying to explain, justify, or obfuscate -- I'm just pointing out an inconsistency. I really hate inconsistency.

I have no interest in excusing anything whatsoever. Idiocy is idiocy no matter whose mouth it leaks out of. I just get sick and tired threads where one side points to the other and laughs when by all rights everybody should be disgusted with everybody at this point.

In other words, I'm not trying to explain, justify, or obfuscate -- I'm just pointing out an inconsistency. I really hate inconsistency.
Sure...THATS why you said it.

That may be even funnier than your first comment. :lamo

What a huge cultural difference. When you lose, you gracefully accept that you were wrong, the people have spoken and you move on. This woman is whining and crying on national TV and blaming everyone but herself. She will NEVER be elected to anything again, she is too offensive and dislikable. Make her go away.

Sure...THATS why you said it.

That may be even funnier than your first comment. :lamo

That actually is why I've said it. I've taken plenty of shots at both "sides" in the past, and when people bitch I point out my thing for consistency.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who doesn't get it.

Dude, really. I respect you. I really do. But if you're going to insist that you "hate inconsistency," you know darn well you're now on the hook for examples of when you took someone from the left to task for doing what you say the OP did. There's no shortage of opportunity to do it, but I don't see that you've done so.

So if you're going to tu quoque because you hate inconsistency, you should be prepared to tu quoque everyone, otherwise, well, that's inconsistent.

What a huge cultural difference. When you lose, you gracefully accept that you were wrong, the people have spoken and you move on. This woman is whining and crying on national TV and blaming everyone but herself. She will NEVER be elected to anything again, she is too offensive and dislikable. Make her go away.
What is concerning is she is a proven idiot on guns, got booted for her stance on guns, thus discredited, and a media outlet chose her as the "go to" person to speak about the issue. Personally I would have fired everyone who made the decision to put her on air.

Dude, really. I respect you. I really do. But if you're going to insist that you "hate inconsistency," you know darn well you're now on the hook for examples of when you took someone from the left to task for doing what you say the OP did. There's no shortage of opportunity to do it, but I don't see that you've done so.

I wasn't aware that it was my responsibility to dig up posts from my own past in order to prove that I've taken cracks at left-leaning silliness so as to disprove someone else's accusation. I guess I figured it was their job to point to evidence of how and why I'm full of crap.

Tell you what -- since you're being really nice about it and I appreciate that, I'll give you a couple for free:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/172632-loving-hating-black-president-10.html#post1062315586

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...ill-clinton-had-surplus-3.html#post1062304725

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...tarians-new-communists-21.html#post1062290111

I've also had a few where I vehemently denied that a few racist idiots do not the Tea Party Movement make.

The problem is I go stretches of time without posting, then when I do I get entangled in some meaningless bull**** thread, so there's probably a lot of silliness I miss commenting on -- but where I see it, I do take the consistency angle.

I guess she doesn't realize that by being ousted, that means people don't give a damn what she thinks...

I guess she doesn't realize that by being ousted, that means people don't give a damn what she thinks...
And apparently the media outlets having her sit in for interviews don't get that either.

You are doing no such thing, as I will start a thread about ANY politician that is a moron, and there are loads of them, on both sides. So your line of thinking fails.

I wasn't aware that it was my responsibility to dig up posts from my own past in order to prove that I've taken cracks at left-leaning silliness so as to disprove someone else's accusation. I guess I figured it was their job to point to evidence of how and why I'm full of crap.

Tell you what -- since you're being really nice about it and I appreciate that, I'll give you a couple for free:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/172632-loving-hating-black-president-10.html#post1062315586

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...ill-clinton-had-surplus-3.html#post1062304725

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...tarians-new-communists-21.html#post1062290111

I've also had a few where I vehemently denied that a few racist idiots do not the Tea Party Movement make.

The problem is I go stretches of time without posting, then when I do I get entangled in some meaningless bull**** thread, so there's probably a lot of silliness I miss commenting on -- but where I see it, I do take the consistency angle.

None of those is what I asked you for, which was examples of where you took someone on the left to task for doing what the OP did -- the first one is an example of you answering a question with personal consistency, the middle one is attacking a Republican for consistency, which works against you here, and the third one doesn't have a thing to do with consistency.

Just sayin', if you appoint yourself Konsistency Kop, you should expect a background check. There are many, many opportunities to tu quoque, both right and left, so I'd say you have a busy night ahead of you if you want to remain consistent.

That actually is why I've said it. I've taken plenty of shots at both "sides" in the past, and when people bitch I point out my thing for consistency.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who doesn't get it.
Shooooooooore. I gotcha! ;)

Meanwhile...didja hear about the dumbass ex Colorado senator that once again made an ass of herself promoting rhetoric that was completely incorrect?

You are doing no such thing

Sure I am. Your OP didn't simply make fun of the politician: "(or any of the anti-gun)" without any mention of similarly extreme silliness from the "pro-gun" crowd.

as I will start a thread about ANY politician that is a moron, and there are loads of them, on both sides. So your line of thinking fails.

It seems like every time I run into you, you're taking pot-shots at the left and only the left. If I've misjudged you, I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom