• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boom: Trump cancels Pelosi's trip 'due to shutdown' after she called for State of the Union delay

BEAUTIFUL. As the President says, she is free to FLY COMMERCIAL, on her OWN DIME, if she wants.

Looks like her "little jaunt" won't be the taxpayer-funded frolic she thought it would be.

I'm sure she'll whore out to lobbyists for the $$, just like the Corrupt-o-cract just did for their Puerto Rico VACATION...

Trump cancels Pelosi's trip 'due to shutdown' after she called for State of the Union delay

President Donald Trump responded to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday with a letter of his own, announcing he was canceling her trip to Belgium, Egypt and Afghanistan in apparent retaliation for Pelosi asking Trump to delay the State of the Union until after the government shutdown ends.

"Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed," Trump wrote in a letter released Thursday afternoon. "We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over." “Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” Trump noted. “I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally receive the attention, funding and security it so desperately deserves.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-cancels-pelosis-trip-due-shutdown-she-called-194010565.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom, voters in 2020 cancel trump.

I'm pretty sure SOTU means more to Trump than this trip means to Pelosi.

Winner: Pelosi

Hmmm not really. Pelosi won’t win from snubbing Trump at this point. Whether Trump addresses the Senate or from the Oval Office or from the border it’s guaranteed his ratings will be higher. It’s now known Pelosi basically completely lied about the reason she wanted to bail, we all know it’s because Trump nailed the Oval Office address and she screwed the response with Chuck, she claims DHS couldn’t provide security but they say she never even asked.

And by pulling the cord on this trip it exposes her and congressional democrats have no interest in ending the shutdown

Hmmm not really. Pelosi won’t win from snubbing Trump at this point. Whether Trump addresses the Senate or from the Oval Office or from the border it’s guaranteed his ratings will be higher. It’s now known Pelosi basically completely lied about the reason she wanted to bail, we all know it’s because Trump nailed the Oval Office address and she screwed the response with Chuck, she claims DHS couldn’t provide security but they say she never even asked.

And by pulling the cord on this trip it exposes her and congressional democrats have no interest in ending the shutdown

And yet every poll has Trump buying the shutdown. A little rain on your parade, reality can suck.

And yet every poll has Trump buying the shutdown. A little rain on your parade, reality can suck.

And? So what?

Don’t think that there’s no negative opinions on the democrats either. The longer this goes on the more guilty they will look for refusing to reopen. In fact they haven’t even passed a bill yet to be vetoed in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And? So what?

Don’t think that there’s no negative opinions on the democrats either. The longer this goes on the more guilty they will look for refusing to reopen. In fact they haven’t even passed a bill yet to be vetoed in the first place.

Absurd!

The House has passed bills and sent them onto the Senate where Mitch McConnell will not allow them to come to the floor of the Senate for a vote. He claims he won't because he believes Trump won't sign them. So this is all on Trump and McConnell. It has been on Trump and McConnell at least from the beginning of the 116th Congress. Was entirely on Trump through the duration of the 115th Congress.

And? So what?

You may not care about the polls, but Trump does.

Fly commercial, yet, Melania flew government plane the same day to vacation.

Once again show Trump trolls have absolutely no credibility. As much as that scumbag president

Fly commercial, yet, Melania flew government plane the same day to vacation.

Once again show Trump trolls have absolutely no credibility. As much as that scumbag president

Actually this is another example of clueless Donald jumping to insert his foot down his throat. The Speaker of the House, 2nd in line to the Presidency is no longer allowed to fly commercial into a conflict zone. That went out the window after 9/11 at least. Not that Donald would know.

And? So what?

The polls show Pelosi is winning the public relations battle. Nice footage of Melania climbing aboard AF One yesterday after her hubby pulled official travel from key members of not only Congress but his own Cabinet. I guess Melania did not get the memo. CNN and the other outlets got nice pics of Mrs Trump from yesterday's jaunt to FL, I wonder if Fox will run it:lamo

WH just announced that Trump has cancelled administration officials planned trip to DAVOS. Though it is obviously an effort by Trump to forward an equivalency to having grounded the Air Force plane that would have taken Pelosi and the ConDel to Afghanistan, sending a bunch of administration officials AND THEIR SPOUSES to the elitist summit of elitist summits is not the equivalent of a Congressional Delegation headed to a conflict zone and using the stopover in Brussels to go to NATO.

Not even a nice try Donald. DonDon is losing it more each day.

The polls show Pelosi is winning the public relations battle. Nice footage of Melania climbing aboard AF One yesterday after her hubby pulled official travel from key members of not only Congress but his own Cabinet. I guess Melania did not get the memo. CNN and the other outlets got nice pics of Mrs Trump from yesterday's jaunt to FL, I wonder if Fox will run it:lamo

Trump acts like a 3 year old, and his cult loves that because they act like 2 year olds....

Back
Top Bottom