• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Books on post-WWII American Politics

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I was hoping you guys could recommended books on post-WWII American politics and presidents. In my first year I took a history course on the US since the Civil War however because that is a lot of history to cover we only made it to the Great Depression before the final exam and I already have a lot on WWII America so I wanted to fill in the gap. Also I was born just before Clinton won a second term so the first president I had any familiarity with was Obama.

I recently bought the Last Republicans by Mark K. Updegrove which apparently is a good book on the Bushs but I have not had the time to start reading it yet.

Last edited:
"The 1950s" (David Halberstam) is pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom