• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bombshell Report Puts Trudeau In Third Ethics Scandal

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Trudeau’s family members received $283,400 to speak at events hosted by WE Charity | The Star

OTTAWA—Members of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s immediate family received hundreds of thousands of dollars for speaking at events hosted by WE Charity, the organization at the centre of a widening political scandal for the Liberal government.

Trudeau is facing his third ethics investigation as prime minister for his government’s decision to sole-source the delivery of a $900-million volunteering grant program to WE Charity.

The prime minister has said that both he and his family had “voluntarily” worked with WE in the past and they intend to continue that work. But WE confirmed that members of Trudeau’s family, including his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, have received financial compensation for speaking at WE-hosted events.

The existence of financial payments between WE and the Trudeau family was first reported by Canadaland and CBC News on Thursday.

Margaret Trudeau, the prime minister’s mother, received $250,000 in honorariums for speaking at 28 WE-hosted events between 2016 and 2020. Alexandre Trudeau, the prime minister’s brother, received $32,000 in speaking fees between 2017 and 2018.

Between SNC-Lavalin and Aga Khan's ethics violating trip, not remotely surprising; part of a pattern. Unfortunately we probably aren't going to replace Trudeau while he's riding high on COVID related support, and to be honest, until the NDP manages to get polling that would see them in the riding to form government, I probably wouldn't want the Liberals out as the Conservatives would fill the void under those circumstances (and I rather doubt a Conservative PM would be any less corrupt).

Last edited:

Trudeau’s family members received $283,400 to speak at events hosted by WE Charity | The Star

Between SNC-Lavalin and Aga Khan's ethics violating trip, not remotely surprising; part of a pattern. Unfortunately we probably aren't going to replace Trudeau while he's riding high on COVID related support, and to be honest, until the NDP manages to get polling that would see them in the riding to form government, I probably wouldn't want the Liberals out as the Conservatives would fill the void under those circumstances (and I rather doubt a Conservative PM would be any less corrupt).

wanna pice.jpg

Damn these are awesome. The best part is when Twump supporters see the dear leader get cucked, they think they've been cucked and get all pissy about it.

Anyway, Trudeau anyone?

Damn these are awesome. The best part is when Twump supporters see the dear leader get cucked, they think they've been cucked and get all pissy about it.

Anyway, Trudeau anyone?

I mean if you're asserting I'm a Trump supporter, you're entirely wrong as my posting history will attest (as would my support of the NDP and citation of two left leaning sources); frankly I couldn't give a **** if Melania was caught banging Xi on live television (I mean beyond the initial amusement); I just asked whether the image had anything to do with Trudeau's latest apparent scandal, and per your own admission it didn't, so it probably should be posted elsewhere.

Last edited:
I mean if you're asserting I'm a Trump supporter, you're entirely wrong as my posting history will attest (as would my support of the NDP and citation of two left leaning sources); frankly I couldn't give a **** if Melania was caught banging Xi on live television (I mean beyond the initial amusement); I just asked whether the image had anything to do with Trudeau's latest apparent scandal, and per your own admission it didn't, so it probably should be posted elsewhere.

I know but this is where Trudeau came up. Didn't mean to derail bro.

For the third time Pierre-Lite will be found guilty, and for the third time he will issue a phony mea culpa. And then.........nothing will happen.

For the third time Pierre-Lite will be found guilty, and for the third time he will issue a phony mea culpa. And then.........nothing will happen.

Unfortunately.....that's how it will play.

It never ceases to amaze me how the only contributions some people can make to discussions are shallow superficial attempts at posting pictures.

Trudeau's image is not the issue, his absolute disregard for basic principals of ethical behaviour and understanding conflict of interest is.

No it does not surprise me such a person gets re-elected. The two picture responses show you who we ask to vote and what their reasons will be when they support Trudeau.

What I'm interested to know is how Trudeau is going to respond to all the publicity of his scandals. It seems to me he's making things even worse for himself. Looks like a jumping point for whoever is next to lead the Conservatives.

Lol. The Keilburgers tried to justify contracting Margaret (her mental health experience) and Sophie Trudeau (advocate for mental health)..........

................what about ALEXANDER?

Those are 3 Trudeaus! What makes Alexander so special? Being a TRUDEAU!

Did anyone check if any of his children have been contracted too for any pee-wee version? :mrgreen:

Yesterday, Justin tried a new tactic. Referring to the rule - he says "immediate family," means spouse and children!
Meaning, he didn't break any ethics rule!
If that's the case......why the heck was he apologising repeatedly for not recusing himself? Why did he think he needed to have recused himself? :lol:

What I'm interested to know is how Trudeau is going to respond to all the publicity of his scandals. It seems to me he's making things even worse for himself. Looks like a jumping point for whoever is next to lead the Conservatives.

I expect more CERB being announced! Expect more benefit packages coming out. Put money in people's pocket.
That's how he'll win this.

I expect more CERB being announced! Expect more benefit packages coming out. Put money in people's pocket.
That's how he'll win this.
Are you sure? Because it seems to me that whatever good he's done hasn't made up for his deficiencies. As for him winning the next election, it seems the general opinion of his keeps getting lower.

Are you sure? Because it seems to me that whatever good he's done hasn't made up for his deficiencies. As for him winning the next election, it seems the general opinion of his keeps getting lower.

Depends when the next election will be. Majority of Canadians (71%) don't want a fall election (if the poll is right).

Canadians like the way he handled the pandemic (again, according to previous polls). COVID is his biggest ally!
If the second surge comes (likely it will), he will spend and throw some more $ on Canadians - he has COVID as an excuse to
make spending to sky's the limit!
That's how he'll "buy" votes! Through COVID benefit packages. He's wrapped himself up with the COVID flag.

Without the vaccine, people are scared of the virus.
This makes me wonder if media and leftists are hyping up the various side-effects of having the COVID virus - really scaring people.
Helping leftist government. In the US as an example - it keeps the economy down (which is detrimental to the incumbent government).
With Canadians, it's how Trudeau handled it that will keep Canadians not wanting to make changes as far as leadership goes.
It's hard to know which info are really factual.

If nothing more comes out of this scandal - he's passed it.

Last edited:

Watching them in front of the committee - with their "wide-eyed" exuding "youthful innocence" -
especially when explaining the "complexity" of their business structures. Like, "it just ballooned from us, folks!"

They come across to me as real slick CON ARTISTS!

Notice how Trudeau also gives that same "wide-eyed" youthful innocence look as he explained?

Widening your eyes, as you explain - I think it's a strategically put-on facial expression.
Kinda part of the art of body language.

Last edited:
Depends when the next election will be. Majority of Canadians (71%) don't want a fall election (if the poll is right).

Canadians like the way he handled the pandemic (again, according to previous polls). COVID is his biggest ally!
If the second surge comes (likely it will), he will spend and throw some more $ on Canadians - he has COVID as an excuse to
make spending to sky's the limit!
That's how he'll "buy" votes! Through COVID benefit packages. He's wrapped himself up with the COVID flag.

Without the vaccine, people are scared of the virus.
This makes me wonder if media and leftists are hyping up the various side-effects of having the COVID virus - really scaring people.
Helping leftist government. In the US as an example - it keeps the economy down (which is detrimental to the incumbent government).
With Canadians, it's how Trudeau handled it that will keep Canadians not wanting to make changes as far as leadership goes.
It's hard to know which info are really factual.

If nothing more comes out of this scandal - he's passed it.

I'm not sure about the CERB thing, a lot of people are dissatisfied because they didn't qualify for it. Some people like Jagmeet Singh have voiced the need for universal CERB.

One of the best summaries I've yet seen RE: WE Charity:

Back
Top Bottom