• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bomb threats!

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Bomb threats!

Honest question: How often does someone plant a bomb, with the intention of it blowing up, then call in and warn people that the bomb is there?

I'm sure it may have happened a time or two, but I cannot remember any. I've always presumed that if a bomber were serious they'd purposely NOT warn people and just let it go off. Why take the chance it would be found and disarmed? And if it does go off the terror aspect is not diminished. :shrug: But, I'm sure the majority of the threats are made by ass wipe posers, who would probably only blow themselves up if they even tried to make a bomb.

The question is prompted by this story, of which a local school to me was one of those affected.

Of course, if we did stop acting, then I have no doubt someone would plant a real bomb then call, just because we stopped reacting, then we'd have fingers pointing all over the place. OMG, we are so effed up as a species.

Sorry, apparently I'm in a mood today.

Happened at a local HS here last week. Same HS had a bomb threat about 2 years ago. WTF is going on?

Depends on whether the perpetrator(s) is (are) principally bent on destruction and death or more on whoring for publicity to serve whatever supposed cause.

Spain's ETA as well as the IRA in later stages would issue warnings to get places evacuated in time. Previous history of having done nothing of the sort got them the publicity they didn't want any more.

Depends on whether the perpetrator(s) is (are) principally bent on destruction and death or more on whoring for publicity to serve whatever supposed cause.

Spain's ETA as well as the IRA in later stages would issue warnings to get places evacuated in time. Previous history of having done nothing of the sort got them the publicity they didn't want any more.
Not intending to be sarcastic, but is this like them saying, "Hey, look at us. We're still here!"?

Not intending to be sarcastic, but is this like them saying, "Hey, look at us. We're still here!"?

No, not really. When you consider a group like the IRA, which needs public support in order to achieve its goals, having the bad publicity of killing women and kids every time a bomb goes off without warning is bad. By simply causing property damages, if nothing else, they can cause---it's costly to have to pay out massive insurance payments every time a bomb levels a buliding.

No, not really. When you consider a group like the IRA, which needs public support in order to achieve its goals, having the bad publicity of killing women and kids every time a bomb goes off without warning is bad. By simply causing property damages, if nothing else, they can cause---it's costly to have to pay out massive insurance payments every time a bomb levels a buliding.
Ok, that makes sense. I think I misinterpreted the previous poster's post.

Back
Top Bottom