• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bolton

Hoot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I'm a liberal, but I believe the Dems should stop blocking the nomination of Bolton.

The U.S. has spent billions propping up the U.N, and some of those billions have made millionaires of corrupt UN officials.

Maybe we need a hard-nosed guy like Bolton in the UN to kick some 'you know what?'

Bolton has served as the Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security since being sworn in on May 11, 2001. As such, he was to be part of the State Department's delegation to six-party talks on the North Korean nuclear program in 2003. He was removed from the delegation after describing Kim Jong Il as a "tyrannical dictator" of a country where for many, "life is a hellish nightmare." In response, a North Korean spokeman said "such human scum and bloodsucker is not entitled to take part in the talks." American Democrats came to North Korea's side in this confrontation, angrily denouncing Bolton, as well.

Ha, He certainly is a take no crap kind of guy. Although controversial I would probably rather have him in there rather than another wishy washy wiener liberal that will give away the the milk, the cows, and the farm at the first sign of conflict.

ludahai said:
Shame fon anyone who came on the side of the DPRK on this one.

Yeah but that is typical behavior unfortunately on both sides.
Attacking the other side out of hand is what I mean.

Siding with abusive dictators against your own people seems a unique trait to the DP lately however.

Back
Top Bottom