• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bolton says "losers, suckers" comments didn't happen

Did the 'anonymous sources' say Bolton was there for what they heard, and in a position where he must have heard it?

Before answering, bear in mind that we were told to ignore what Bolton says because he was a disgruntled fired person just trying to make Trump look bad for a buck.

Your thread title is a lie. The article you cite says Bolton didn't mention the comments.

"John Bolton wrote about the cancellation of the trip to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in his memoir, in which he spared little vituperation toward Trump. And yet, Bolton doesn’t say anything about these purported comments — and says that the weather prompted the cancellation"

Did the 'anonymous sources' say Bolton was there for what they heard, and in a position where he must have heard it?

Before answering, bear in mind that we were told to ignore what Bolton says because he was a disgruntled fired person just trying to make Trump look bad for a buck.

Amazing how some of these disgruntled liars suddenly becomes bastions of corroboration once the agenda supports Trump, eh?

And he was party to the same conversation where the alledged comment was made. I know you can't tell black folks apart, but surely you can figure this out.

When are you going to back this up? Rhetorical question.........you got bupkis.....

Kind of hard to believe that a man that would negotiate with North Korea to bring home the remains of fallen US troops would call them losers and suckers. I know he called John McCain a loser for being a POW but that was him talking **** to McCain after McCain most likely said something about him.

Recovery of U.S. troops' remains in North Korea complicated by cash, politics - Reuters

Soon after the June summit, Trump announced North Korea had returned the remains of 200 soldiers that had already been found, but this has yet to take place and negotiations over the actual handing over of the remains have dragged on.

Your thread title is a lie. The article you cite says Bolton didn't mention the comments.

"John Bolton wrote about the cancellation of the trip to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in his memoir, in which he spared little vituperation toward Trump. And yet, Bolton doesn’t say anything about these purported comments — and says that the weather prompted the cancellation"

Try doing some reading:

He got support from an unlikely source on Friday when John R. Bolton, his former national security adviser who has broken with him and called him unfit for office, said he was on the trip in question and never heard Mr. Trump make those remarks. “I didn’t hear that,” Mr. Bolton said in an interview. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion.” …

Mr. Bolton said he was in the room at the ambassador’s residence when Mr. Trump arrived and Mr. Kelly told him that the helicopter trip had to be canceled. A two-hour motorcade would have put him too far away from Air Force One and the most capable communications array a president needs in case of an emergency, per usual protocol, Mr. Bolton said. “It was a straight weather call,” Mr. Bolton said.

While Mr. Bolton said he did not hear the president disparage troops, he added that Mr. Trump did not protest the decision, as he now says he did. “He didn’t say, ‘This is terrible, I have to go out to the veterans,’” Mr. Bolton said. “He accepted it and that was pretty much the end of it.” Having said that, Mr. Bolton added, the reported comments were not out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.

What's nice is that you're admitting that what he said was atrocious. By pretending that he didn't say it, you're acknowledging that it's bad. This makes it more difficult for you to excuse it later.

It's no surprise that you would lie. :lamo

But Bolton is a liar. He wrote an entire book of lies to fleece money from Liberals.

Kind of hard to believe that a man that would negotiate with North Korea to bring home the remains of fallen US troops would call them losers and suckers. I know he called John McCain a loser for being a POW but that was him talking **** to McCain after McCain most likely said something about him.

Recovery of U.S. troops' remains in North Korea complicated by cash, politics - Reuters

Soon after the June summit, Trump announced North Korea had returned the remains of 200 soldiers that had already been found, but this has yet to take place and negotiations over the actual handing over of the remains have dragged on.

John McCain said he would, "not describe any operation that results in the loss of American life as a success.”

That means Gettysburg was a failure.

Amazing how some of these disgruntled liars suddenly becomes bastions of corroboration once the agenda supports Trump, eh?

Quite.

Bolton is an unmitigated bastard, but for other reasons.

But here the question isn't even so much as simply changing views dependent on whether a person likes or dislikes what he said. It's whether he was in a position to confirm or disconfirm what the four anonymous sources reported. OP doesn't even mention that. And as Grand Mal points out, it's not even that Bolton disconfirmed the account. He just didn't know of what Trump said. The only way his failure to mention it is even partially relevant is if he was standing there, not only in range to hear what Trump said but paying attention to Trump's words so that he would notice it.

Then again, I do note who make the OP.

But Bolton is a liar. He wrote an entire book of lies to fleece money from Liberals.

And since he wrote book trashing Trump, he's a Left wing hero. You can't have it both ways.

So Trump bragged about something that didn't happen? And what exactly do you think that proves?

Try doing some reading:

Why do you keep citing sources that show your thread title is a lie? Listen, this is what you just quoted...

"I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion.” …

This is your thread title...

"Bolton says "losers, suckers" comment didn't happen."

That's a lie and you prove that it's a lie every time you quote Bolton.

And since he wrote book trashing Trump, he's a Left wing hero. You can't have it both ways.

The left disregarded Bolton when he refused to testify to congress because of his book. He can't have it both ways, either.

Why do you keep citing sources that show your thread title is a lie? Listen, this is what you just quoted...

"I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion.” …

This is your thread title...

"Bolton says "losers, suckers" comment didn't happen."

That's a lie and you prove that it's a lie every time you quote Bolton.

Why do you keep lying? :lamo

My thread title doesn't say what you put into quotes. Do you know what quotation marks are for? Are you that desperate to post something? :lamo

The left disregarded Bolton when he refused to testify to congress because of his book. He can't have it both ways, either.

Sure y'all did. :lamo. You folks go whichever way the wind is blowing.

Back
Top Bottom