• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bolsonaro administration to privatize bloated Brazilian state agencies!

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-n...s-pledges-to-privatize-state-owned-companies/

The economic minister of newly inaguarated president Jair Bolsonaro is planning to privatize over 100 state owned companies as part of a push to decrease the bloated power of the state.

Brazil owns far too much of their countries economy and their business unfriendly policies have caused a massive debt crisis both public and personal, this is a bold and needed first step. On the chopping block are state owned credit cards, railroads, and the most evil predatory government scam ever invented: the lottery. WA and OR take note, follow Jair’s lead and privatize the lottery...

Will Brazil be the next superpower? Stay tuned!

https://riotimesonline.com/brazil-n...s-pledges-to-privatize-state-owned-companies/

The economic minister of newly inaguarated president Jair Bolsonaro is planning to privatize over 100 state owned companies as part of a push to decrease the bloated power of the state.

Brazil owns far too much of their countries economy and their business unfriendly policies have caused a massive debt crisis both public and personal, this is a bold and needed first step. On the chopping block are state owned credit cards, railroads, and the most evil predatory government scam ever invented: the lottery. WA and OR take note, follow Jair’s lead and privatize the lottery...

Will Brazil be the next superpower? Stay tuned!

Hopefully it goes well. I think the most important thing to stay tuned for is to whom these public companies are sold and in the manner that the sales take then what follows from how well the agencies run afterward. Unfortunately, Brazil does not strike me as a country with a strong tradition of rule of law (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I can easily imagine these agencies transforming from corrupt, bloated state-run bureaucracies, into corrupt, bloated privately-run companies granted as spoils to friends and allies of the present administration.

Hopefully it goes well. I think the most important thing to stay tuned for is to whom these private agencies are sold and in the manner that the sales take then what follows from how well the agencies run afterward. Unfortunately, Brazil does not strike me as a country with a strong tradition of rule of law. I can easily imagine these agencies transforming from corrupt, bloated state-run bureaucracies, into corrupt, bloated privately-run companies granted as spoils to friends and allies of the present administration.

We shall see, however the current system is corrupt and there’s no doubt about that at all. Bolsonaro’s economic advisors are solid Chicago school free marketeers and those people detest corruption, and corruption can only exist truly with state intervention. It takes a state to grant privileges remember, so let’s hope for the best here.

I don’t know how much of this agenda will require congressional approval and as we found out with Trump, lack of willingness to do the right thing by legislators can easily crimp a solid agenda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it goes well. I think the most important thing to stay tuned for is to whom these public companies are sold and in the manner that the sales take then what follows from how well the agencies run afterward. Unfortunately, Brazil does not strike me as a country with a strong tradition of rule of law (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I can easily imagine these agencies transforming from corrupt, bloated state-run bureaucracies, into corrupt, bloated privately-run companies granted as spoils to friends and allies of the present administration.

Rampant political and civil corruption. A rush to sell off more than 100 State owned companies, what could go wrong?

Lastly- No sane Govt sells off a Lottery, massive money maker. I would buy shares in the winning company

Rampant political and civil corruption. A rush to sell off more than 100 State owned companies, what could go wrong?

Lastly- No sane Govt sells off a Lottery, massive money maker. I would buy shares in the winning company

The lottery is an immoral and evil institution. It’s set up purely to extract money from poor people and tell them that by giving up the little resources they have that can make them wealthy they are supporting education. It’s a pure scam

A sane government who’s officers exist to honor God would never set up such an institution

The lottery is an immoral and evil institution. It’s set up purely to extract money from poor people and tell them that by giving up the little resources they have that can make them wealthy they are supporting education. It’s a pure scam

A sane government who’s officers exist to honor God would never set up such an institution

The Govt must serve-honor God?

The Govt must serve-honor God?

“Must” no, but everyone should strive towards virtue and moral behavior. It is exemplary of neither to run a scam that they put private actors in prison for in order to feed addictions and destroy families for profit

“Must” no, but everyone should strive towards virtue and moral behavior. It is exemplary of neither to run a scam that they put private actors in prison for in order to feed addictions and destroy families for profit

Err.. you do know Bolsonaro is in favour of the state killing its citizens and political opponents.

Hardly virtuous or moral behaviour.

Err.. you do know Bolsonaro is in favour of the state killing its citizens and political opponents.

Hardly virtuous or moral behaviour.

Justifiable homicide during the course of police duties is just.

He has renounced dictatorship and pledged to follow the constitution

Justifiable homicide during the course of police duties is just.

He has renounced dictatorship and pledged to follow the constitution

Extrajudicial killings are never just. Aren't you meant to be a libertarian??

Extrajudicial killings are never just. Aren't you meant to be a libertarian??

The police killing armed criminals who pose a current immediate threat to society are not “extrajudicial killings” those are justified use of force

The police killing armed criminals who pose a current immediate threat to society are not “extrajudicial killings” those are justified use of force

Yes, but that is not what Bolsonaro is supporting. He's supporting the police going round killing criminals rather than arresting them.

Back
Top Bottom