• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bolding Text

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is there a shortcut to bolding text in a previous post that one wants to reply to? When bolding using the brackets, the portion of text just doesn’t stand out like it did on the old platform.

Is there a shortcut to bolding text in a previous post that one wants to reply to? When bolding using the brackets, the portion of text just doesn’t stand out like it did on the old platform.

The bolded text in your post looks plenty bold to me. Perhaps it’s your style (color?) selection which is causing your problem.

The bolded text in your post looks plenty bold to me. Perhaps it’s your style (color?) selection which is causing your problem.

I have tried two of the backgrounds, 3.0 and shades of blue. The shades of blue was more of a strain on my eyes, so I returned to 3.0.

I have tried two of the backgrounds, 3.0 and shades of blue. The shades of blue was more of a strain on my eyes, so I returned to 3.0.

I am using DP 3.0 and the bolding looks obvious.

I am using DP 3.0 and the bolding looks obvious.

If there is not a wall of text, I agree, but if you want to bold something in the middle of a long segment, it gets lost to my eyes....

I've bolded every other word in these two sentences. You just highlight the word and click the 'B' in the edit bar above.

1602286222145.png

You don't need brackets anymore. That is one of the advantages of XF - when you click on the B icon, you actually see it bold while typing. What is the problem?

If there is not a wall of text, I agree, but if you want to bold something in the middle of a long segment, it gets lost to my eyes....

Try bolding and increasing your font size by 1 level.

Try bolding and increasing your font size by 1 level.

How is that done in the text that I am replying to? I figured out how to do that with my posts. If I want to bold something in your post, how is that done?

How is that done in the text that I am replying to? I figured out how to do that with my posts. If I want to bold something in your post, how is that done?

Like that?

Like that?

In the vBulletin you could pull up “reply to post” and see how the post was composed. The only way I have found is using the [] with the upper case B and finishing with the [/] also with the upper case B.

In the vBulletin you could pull up “reply to post” and see how the post was composed. The only way I have found is using the [] with the upper case B and finishing with the [/] also with the upper case B.

In the reply text box on the top right, there is a blue "settings" wheel that says "toggle BB code" on mouseover.

Click on that and the rest of the upper menu bar will become active. You then highlight text and click on the appropriate formatting icon.

I hope this is what you are asking.

Back
Top Bottom