• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bogus emotional breakdown by Brussard

Stinger said:
Taxpayer>> My name is Taxpayer and I endorse Brussards comments!!!

That's very telling Taxpayer, you endorse statements which have been proven bogus and misinformed. Very telling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proven bogus by who? The Republicans???

taxpayer said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guards have been in Texas BEFORE Rita hit!:yes: Thats why they didn't fail.

Because the Govenor did his job.

It took Bush a week to get the Guards into Louisiana!:yes:

That was the job of Blanco not Bush, don't you even know how these things work?

Bush made sure Florida had plenty of Guards there too!!!:yes:

Govenor Bush did.

In other words:
BUSH SCREWED LOUISIANA!!!:yes:

IOW once again you prove you don't know what you are talking about.

BTW: New Orleans is 6-8' BELOW sea level. The levee needed to be repaired there but was put on the back burner by Bush and the Republican controlled congress!.

Post a authoritative source that supports your assertion that that levy was scheduled to be repaired or in need of repair.

Stinger said:
Yep and they made specific request to the Federal government for troops to be available. AND the people got out, estimates of 98% evacuation from Houston. Houston has a very poor segment just as New Orleans, but somehow they got out.

So the question remains to those who say the Federal Governments response was too slow, what would have been fast?

Gov Blanco sent Bush a formal request on 9-27-05 requesting that BUSH Declare an Emergency for the state of Louisiana.

That is a SPECIFIC request that INCLUDES sending in Troops.

But we all now know that Bush decided to keep on bike riding daily ON HIS RANCH instead of handling the request!:yes:

Bush said :newhere: and Mommy and Daddy never told me that I had to do anything about sending troops into Louisiana when I get a formal notice like Gov Blanco sent me!:yes: And who is SHE to spoil my bike riding and my 100th VACATION in just 5 years???

Last edited:
Stinger said:
Because the Govenor did his job.

Because the Govs BROTHER sent MORE Troops there.
-----
That was the job of Blanco not Bush, don't you even know how these things work?
YA! She had 4,000 and needed 15,000+.
--------

Govenor Bush did.
NO! Gov Bushs BROTHER did.

IOW once again you prove you don't know what you are talking about.

:roll: :doh

Post a authoritative source that supports your assertion that that levy was scheduled to be repaired or in need of repair.

Sorry but almost EVERYONE in the whole world knows they needed repair.
Well EXCEPT YOU!:roll:

taxpayer said:

Gov Blanco sent Bush a formal request on 9-27-05 requesting that BUSH Declare an Emergency for the state of Louisiana.

Wrong. It doesn't by default and she did not request he send federal troops in. It was HER job to request National Guard troops from HER state be mobilized, the President has nothing to do with that and it was HER job to request other states send in troops. If they were late it was BLANCO not Bush who bears that responsibility. Once again proving you don't know what you are talking about.

Bush said :newhere: and Mommy and Daddy never told me that I had to do anything

Do you really think such childishness makes you appear to be informed?

taxpayer said:
Sorry but almost EVERYONE in the whole world knows they needed repair.
Well EXCEPT YOU!:roll:

Sorry the old "everyone knows" dodge don't hunt here. Post a cite proving that the spcific levy's which failed were scheduled to be repair or were in need of repair. Until then you assertion remains just that an assertion.

taxpayer said:

But we all now know that Bush decided to keep on bike riding daily ON HIS RANCH instead of handling the request!:yes:

Bush said :newhere: and Mommy and Daddy never told me that I had to do anything about sending troops into Louisiana when I get a formal notice like Gov Blanco sent me!:yes: And who is SHE to spoil my bike riding and my 100th VACATION in just 5 years???

You are the proud "taxpayer", but you seem to have a complete disregard for how your governmmet works.

1) The State Governors must request federal troop occupation. This was not done.

2) The State Governors must activate their own National Guard. Since only 37 percent of the Louisiana National Guard was deployed, this means that there were roughly 6,200 troops not activated and watched the storm on TV in their homes.

3) The State Governors must request National Guard help from other States. This was not done when it should have been.

4) The City of New Orleans has an evacuation plan. The training and execution of this plan did not take place.

5) The City of New Orleans was well aware of their need for levie repair. They were given funds. To this day, there still has not been a clear answer by the Mayor as to what this money was used for over the years.

The reason that this is the process in our country is to protect you, the average "taxpayer", from Government occupation. This is what protects your civil liberties and freedoms. You know...the whole reason you are probably against the Patriot Act too.

The reasons that FEMA took so long to organize and get where they needed to be was that there was a Chain of Command and Control breakdown. This occurred at all level of government and it was even a problem between the military and FEMA. Another little known fact is that FEMA has a contract with a company that owns 38 helicopters for such a disaster. Until the Marines showed up and took charge, these 38 helicopters were flying all over the place and was not working in any kind of methodical process. This is just one example of breakdown.

Once again, your hate on for President Bush has you spinning. Instead of being part of the problem, recognize the issues involved and accurately criticize.

taxpayer said:

Proven bogus by who? The Republicans???

MSNBC, already cited. Tim Russert on Meet the Press. Yes it's very telling Taxpayer, you endorse statements which have been proven bogus and misinformed. Very telling.

GySgt said:
You are the proud "taxpayer", but you seem to have a complete disregard for how your governmmet works.

1) The State Governors must request federal troop occupation. This was not done.

2) The State Governors must activate their own National Guard. Since only 37 percent of the Louisiana National Guard was deployed, this means that there were roughly 6,200 troops not activated and watched the storm on TV in their homes.

3) The State Governors must request National Guard help from other States. This was not done when it should have been.

4) The City of New Orleans has an evacuation plan. The training and execution of this plan did not take place.

5) The City of New Orleans was well aware of their need for levie repair. They were given funds. To this day, there still has not been a clear answer by the Mayor as to what this money was used for over the years.

The reason that this is the process in our country is to protect you, the average "taxpayer", from Government occupation. This is what protects your civil liberties and freedoms. You know...the whole reason you are probably against the Patriot Act too.

The reasons that FEMA took so long to organize and get where they needed to be was that there was a Chain of Command and Control breakdown. This occurred at all level of government and it was even a problem between the military and FEMA. Another little known fact is that FEMA has a contract with a company that owns 38 helicopters for such a disaster. Until the Marines showed up and took charge, these 38 helicopters were flying all over the place and was not working in any kind of methodical process. This is just one example of breakdown.

Once again, your hate on for President Bush has you spinning. Instead of being part of the problem, recognize the issues involved and accurately criticize.

To much :bs !!! Not worth answering!!!:no:

Stinger said:
Sorry the old "everyone knows" dodge don't hunt here. Post a cite proving that the spcific levy's which failed were scheduled to be repair or were in need of repair. Until then you assertion remains just that an assertion.
Then open up the hunting grounds and READ!:waiting:

taxpayer said:

To much :bs !!! Not worth answering!!!:no:

I see the white flag being raised here.

taxpayer said:
Then open up the hunting grounds and READ!:waiting:

Another white flag being raised.

Back
Top Bottom