• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boehner says 'unemployed' Trump 'has nothing else to do' but 'cause trouble' (4/12/21)

Here read and learn something about SS being put on Budget and taken off budget and put back on
That the Social Security and Medicare trust funds (and the income and outgo to these funds) be treated as separate budget functions, starting with the 1985 fiscal year and ending with fiscal year 1992.
Right, LBJ put SS on Budget and it remained there who was President in 1985? 1985 fiscal year began in October 1984. who was President in fiscal year 1993?

Looks like Boehner has unabashedly publicly gone gaga for his ganja.

Right, LBJ put SS on Budget and it remained there who was President in 1985? 1985 fiscal year began in October 1984. who was President in fiscal year 1993?
Here is some interesting reading for you maybe you will understand Reagan wasn't such a good guy
and one more thing He did give the people ONE tax cut but raised taxes 11 times
https://www.fedsmith.com/2013/10/11/ronald-reagan-and-the-great-social-security-heist/
there is more where they came from and all the answers to your questions are in there
Have a nice afternoon

Here is some interesting reading for you maybe you will understand Reagan wasn't such a good guy
and one more thing He did give the people ONE tax cut but raised taxes 11 times
https://www.fedsmith.com/2013/10/11/ronald-reagan-and-the-great-social-security-heist/
there is more where they came from and all the answers to your questions are in there
Have a nice afternoon
Yes that post refutes your claims that Reagan put SS on budget, LBJ did it and Reagan took it off budget. Really worried about your inability to comprehend reality and your support for the liberal ideology that never reconciles with the rhetoric

It does appear that you support the unified budget ignoring the taxes you pay and their purpose. you just cannot admit that can you?

Last edited:
No, 500 billion isn't the same as 900 billion no matter how you try and spin it. They told me in fourth grade what matters is dollars and regardless of percentage growth real dollars matter more
I hear that a lot, data called cherry picking, I call it posting context. so why don't you tell me what data you believe I cherry picked? You don't even understand trickle so why make statements like you just made. It really is time to put up or shut up, what data has been altered or cherry picked?

Everyone here knows that you cherry pick data. Often the claim you’re making has nothing to do with the data you picked.

Everyone here knows that you cherry pick data. Often the claim you’re making has nothing to do with the data you picked.
Everyone knows you have never refuted that so called cherry picked data because you have nothing to offer. Your opinions aren't fact, Treasury and Bureau of Labor statistics data is

Yes that post refutes your claims that Reagan put SS on budget, LBJ did it and Reagan took it off budget. Really worried about your inability to comprehend reality and your support for the liberal ideology that never reconciles with the rhetoric

It does appear that you support the unified budget ignoring the taxes you pay and their purpose. you just cannot admit that can you?
OK I admit I was wrong about Reagan putting it on budget
I will say he did mess with it.
all you conservatives think he was sooooo great because he cut Taxes ONCE and nobody says a word about him raising 11 other taxes
In doing so he made SS payments Taxable , so the people that are retired can help pay for the Big tax cut for the rich
and he almost tripled the debt ( ONLY 2 Presidents in the last 50 years have over doubled the debt and both of them were REPUBLICANS G W Bush doubled it and Reagan almost Tripled it.
and he was so great ?
Have a nice evening

OK I admit I was wrong about Reagan putting it on budget
I will say he did mess with it.
all you conservatives think he was sooooo great because he cut Taxes ONCE and nobody says a word about him raising 11 other taxes
In doing so he made SS payments Taxable , so the people that are retired can help pay for the Big tax cut for the rich
and he almost tripled the debt ( ONLY 2 Presidents in the last 50 years have over doubled the debt and both of them were REPUBLICANS G W Bush doubled it and Reagan almost Tripled it.
and he was so great ?
Have a nice evening
Then you remain wrong, he tried to fix it, raising FICA to replenish what had been taken from it. Your anti private sector, anti tax cut attitude shows that you are the problem not the solutions. Yes he tripled the data all the way to 2.6 trillion while doubling the economy to 5.2 trillion, that is 50% debt to GDP, what were we after Obama left office?

You support the unified budget which makes you a typical liberal, there is no justification for raising FIT or CIT and you have proven that by your silence

We pay debt service on debt 1.7 trillion and 9.3 trillion from Obama, which is worse?

NO, your state has a large working population stop giving us the bullshit about being contributor, the fact that you were able to deduct your high state and local taxes from your federal return resulted in the federal gov't subsidizing you and your state. stop the bogus argument there is no relationship between federal income taxes and federal mandates going back to the states. It is stunning how dense some people are totally ignoring what those federal dollars going back to the states fund and the reality that there are blue cities in red states receiving those dollars

Here is the reality, you aren't paying more federal taxes that I am as I don't have the high state and local taxes you have thus didn't have the deductions you have.
Hey, how's that power grid doing? I hear there's a push going by Texan's to secede from the union since you guys know everything. Do you need any help filling out the paperwork to secede?

Then you remain wrong, he tried to fix it, raising FICA to replenish what had been taken from it. Your anti private sector, anti tax cut attitude shows that you are the problem not the solutions. Yes he tripled the data all the way to 2.6 trillion while doubling the economy to 5.2 trillion, that is 50% debt to GDP, what were we after Obama left office?

You support the unified budget which makes you a typical liberal, there is no justification for raising FIT or CIT and you have proven that by your silence

We pay debt service on debt 1.7 trillion and 9.3 trillion from Obama, which is worse?
Where do you come up with I support the Unified budget?
I never said I was or wasn't.
For your info I think SS and all that should NOT be included in the budget
I also believe that the SS Fund money should be able to be invested in secure bonds or other types of secure investment
the SS system should be able to get a ROI of something near market percent and NOT what little percentage the Government pays
Have a nice night

Where do you come up with I support the Unified budget?
I never said I was or wasn't.
For your info I think SS and all that should NOT be included in the budget
I also believe that the SS Fund money should be able to be invested in secure bonds or other types of secure investment
the SS system should be able to get a ROI of something near market percent and NOT what little percentage the Government pays
Have a nice night
Then why do you support raising FIT and CIT when those taxes pay for the things they were created to fund

Hey, how's that power grid doing? I hear there's a push going by Texan's to secede from the union since you guys know everything. Do you need any help filling out the paperwork to secede?
Fine thanks for your concern

Then why do you support raising FIT and CIT when those taxes pay for the things they were created to fund
Like YOU I feel that if you get the benefit of living and doing business in this country you should help pay for it
where we differ is I think that people who only earn just about enough to be at the Poverty level shouldn't pay anything ( like I have said before some of these people are working several jobs at Min wage and still don't make enough money to even be at the poverty level ) and Corps making Millions and Billions should be paying SOMETHING
YOU want these people to pay FIT on EVERY dollar they earn no matter if they need that money to live on but don't want Corps making Millions and Billions to pay anything
Have a nice night

Like YOU I feel that if you get the benefit of living and doing business in this country you should help pay for it
where we differ is I think that people who only earn just about enough to be at the Poverty level shouldn't pay anything ( like I have said before some of these people are working several jobs at Min wage and still don't make enough money to even be at the poverty level ) and Corps making Millions and Billions should be paying SOMETHING
YOU want these people to pay FIT on EVERY dollar they earn no matter if they need that money to live on but don't want Corps making Millions and Billions to pay anything
Have a nice night
Lol so how about people living here earning money here and paying nothing in rent yep typical liberalism

46% of income earners pay no rent to live in this country

You must hang out with very different people than I do. Outside of children and the homeless, I have only known people who pay rent.

my opinion is this (disagree if you wanna)... The GOP is lost in some Trump cult (a lot of it anyway)

I wanna propose to you (GOP)

I kinda like a two party (at least) party system...one party is just china or north korea

The US, like any other developed nation, needs at least two parties

how about the gop STOPS being the bootlickers of trump

TWO PARTIES who actually differ...not the sjw cult on one hand and this insane Trump cult on the other.....

it is probably in vain....But how you try?

Right the liberal ideology takes and gives nothing

That...what? That makes no sense. In any context. I just told you I have only ever met people who pay rent. You seem to think it is something like 4 in 10. That is absolutely wrong.

Is it the children or the homeless who you think are income earners?

Sigh? Ok. Someone with more experience here than me, is this guy an idiot? Should I just block him now?

That...what? That makes no sense. In any context. I just told you I have only ever met people who pay rent. You seem to think it is something like 4 in 10. That is absolutely wrong.
So living in this country doesn't require paying anything for expenses of the country

So living in this country doesn't require paying anything for expenses of the country

That is such a stupid post. What are you even saying? Sales tax. SS tax. Payroll tax. Gas tax. No one lives here without paying taxes.

What does any of that have to do with rent?

Lol so how about people living here earning money here and paying nothing in rent yep typical liberalism
moving the goalposts again
You know I have been talking about Americans, Americans who do work pay bills (Rent and , gas, elect, ...) and are not making enough to even be above the poverty level.
It is those people who don't pay FIT and YOU want them to pay FIT on every dollar they make and drive them deeper into poverty and Let the Large corps that make millions/ Billions in US profits not pay a CENT in FIT
YOU want to take from the poor and give it to the rich
Have a nice night

That is such a stupid post. What are you even saying? Sales tax. SS tax. Payroll tax. Gas tax. No one lives here without paying taxes.

What does any of that have to do with rent?
You like far to many have no idea what taxes you pay and their purpose

Those you listed are use taxes

So, they don't pay rent? That is what you said. What in God's name are you trying to say?

Again, someone let me know if I just need to block this person. This feels so dumb.

He just listed just some of the taxes people ( him included ) pay and how do YOU know he doesn't know where those taxes go?
Seems YOU know all about EVERYBODY and still don't know anything
Have a nice night

He just listed just some of the taxes people ( him included ) pay and how do YOU know he doesn't know where those taxes go?
Seems YOU know all about EVERYBODY and still don't know anything
Have a nice night

I live in CA. I known damn well where my taxes go. This guy just talks in ambiguities and slinks away when pressed for details. I don't have time if they are not prepared for an adult conversation.

Back
Top Bottom