• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boehner Golfing Billboard

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Cincinnati.Com | Cincinnati Enquirer | Politics Extra » Look for this anti-Boehner billboard

So I actually drove by this on my way to Kenwood Mall yesterday. I also was wondering why Boehner is suggesting we need to raise the retiring age to 70, I guess we need to be working until we're dead now?

Another thing, just to jab at him. I think I figured out why Obama really wanted a tanning bed tax, this guy could probably fund half the healthcare bill.

Well there is a misconception about retirement. You can retire anytime you want, but when you choose will affect your govt benefits. That's one of the bad things about social security; the govt gets to decide when you retire if you're not wealthy enough to go without SS for a period of time or with a smaller benefit.

Golfing seems to be more than just a hobby to Boehner. He has played with Tiger Woods and Tony Romo in the Pro-Am Charity golf tournaments. He has benefitted the Tiger Woods foundation and Local DC youth organizations.
I would imagine he has to stay in practice to qualify for things like that.
Does anyone worry about what other polititions do in their spare time? Hmmm... I wonder what Barney Frank does for a hobby?
I notice there was no complaints about golf taking time away from Boehner doing his job, Just that he golfs a lot. Big deal.

So instead of presenting ideas other than the occasional "let's take more **** from people" it's ok that the guy is spending tax payers money being out dicking around 117 times (at least) in one year than trying to get **** done in congress?

So instead of presenting ideas other than the occasional "let's take more **** from people" it's ok that the guy is spending tax payers money being out dicking around 117 times (at least) in one year than trying to get **** done in congress?

Where's proof he is golfing on tax payers dime? Are there complaints that he's neglecting his job to golf?

Yeah he doesn't get paid by every day he shows up in congress, it's a salary.

Golfing seems to be more than just a hobby to Boehner. He has played with Tiger Woods and Tony Romo in the Pro-Am Charity golf tournaments. He has benefitted the Tiger Woods foundation and Local DC youth organizations.
Does anyone worry about what other polititions do in their spare time? Hmmm... I wonder what Barney Frank does for a hobby?
I notice there was no complaints about golf taking time away from Boehner doing his job, Just that he golfs a lot. Big deal.

As long as you believe it is also not a big deal with Obama, I am cool with your post, and agree with you 100%.

As for Barney Frank, I believe his hobby is bobbing for hot dogs. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
As long as you believe it is also not a big deal with Obama, I am cool with your post, and agree with you 100%.

As for Barney Frank, I believe his hobby is bobbing for hot dogs. :mrgreen:

My apologies to Barney. That sounds like it could be a charity event that would involve a lot of practice.

The spot, paid for by Blue America and Americans for America and drawing heavily from the MasterCard commercial theme, is airing in Boehner's home district on behalf of his Democratic challenger: attorney and West Point graduate Justin Coussoule.

Barbbtx said:

Nah, just the ability to sign large checks...;)

I hear he's a lollipop taster.

lets see Boehner golfs while Pelosi schemes to steal more of my wealth and freedom

tough choice who I would vote for

BTW Boehner's going to win easily-the people who put that nonsense up are far left moonbats

Back
Top Bottom