• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Boehner For VP

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Why isn't this the perfect choice? He knows everyone. He knows where everything is. He is refined. He is diplomatic. He is smart. He has a lot of unfilled ambitions which just so happens often alines with Trumps. He and Trump have a relationship and get on fine. Boehner makes women comfortable. He is firm believer in team play. This is a near perfect person to play Second Banana for el Numero Uno Banana TRump and hey, just maybe touching the Pope really did transform him, leaving him with a burning desire for redemption.

What is the counter-argument please.

Thank you.

Why isn't this the perfect choice? He knows everyone. He knows where everything is. He is refined. He is diplomatic. He is smart. He has a lot of unfilled ambitions which just so happens often alines with Trumps. He and Trump have a relationship and get on fine. Boehner makes women comfortable. He is firm believer in team play. This is a near perfect person to play Second Banana for el Numero Uno Banana TRump and hey, just maybe touching the Pope really did transform him, leaving him with a burning desire for redemption.

Boehner is NOT female.

Trump needs a female on his ticket to counter Hillary's gender card.

Ergo as Robert's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt, and Boehner is MALE, it won't work.

Q.E.D.

Don't you just love Aristotelian syllogisms ?!

Boehner is NOT female.

Ergo as Robert's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt, and Boehner is MALE, it won't work.

Q.E.D.

No way, that is what Ivanka is for. It would be nice to have a woman so that we could get over this nonsense that he does not play well with women but that is our problem not his, because he works great with women. I wanted Olympia Snowe for instance but then I found out she hates on him. But I dont see a woman that he should want at this point. Have you any names?

No way, that is what Ivanka is for. It would be nice to have a woman so that we could get over this nonsense that he does not play well with women but that is our problem not his, because he works great with women. I wanted Olympia Snowe for instance but then I found out she hates on him. But I dont see a woman that he should want at this point. Have you any names?

First of all, recent polls have shown that Trump cannot beat Hillary.

So Trump is going to need to change that by November.

Getting a vulva onto his ticket is his only hope of making any headway, not that it would work, but he at least has to try.

Any names ?? What about that babe who gave the Republican response to BHO's last State Of The Union !?

Her names escapes me because she is a fresh face. But when I saw her speak I immediately thought of the GOP ticket for the fall.

Getting a vulva onto his ticket is his only hope of making any headway, not that it would work, but he at least has to try.

Any names ?? What about that babe who gave the Republican response to BHO's last State Of The Union !?

Her names escapes me because she is a fresh face. But when I saw her speak I immediately thought of the GOP ticket for the fall.

I dont expect Trump to have much trouble beating Hillary so I reject your argument. I do however want someone who helps Trump at the polls so lets not let that totally go. The main thing though is picking someone who will help Trump get a lot done in the three years that he has (since I am pretty sure he is only interested in one term, though he claims otherwise). It is on this basis that I conclude that Boehner is perfect.

Nikki Haley has never been to Washington, she would be useless.

S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley ruled out being Donald Trump’s running mate Wednesday as the New York billionaire’s path to the GOP presidential nomination cleared.

SC’s Haley ‘not interested’ in being Trump’s vice president | The State

I dont expect Trump to have much trouble beating Hillary so I reject your argument. I do however want someone who helps Trump at the polls so lets not let that totally go. The main thing though is picking someone who will help Trump get a lot done in the three years that he has (since I am pretty sure he is only interested in one term, though he claims otherwise). It is on this basis that I conclude that Boehner is perfect.

Nikki Haley has never been to Washington, she would be useless.

Wow!!

While at the same time I am worried like hell about it.

Got any data to cheer me up with ??

Boehner is NOT female.

Q.E.D.

Well that is pretty ****ing stupid. Trump could pick the Virgin Mary as a running mate, and women still won't like him. He kinda has this history of saying kinda stupid **** about women. You might have heard mention of it...

Well that is pretty ****ing stupid. Trump could pick the Virgin Mary as a running mate, and women still won't like him. He kinda has this history of saying kinda stupid **** about women. You might have heard mention of it...

You need to re-arrange your syllogism -- here I'll do it for you ...

- "He kinda has this history of saying kinda stupid **** about women.

- You might have heard mention of it

- Trump could pick the Virgin Mary as a running mate, and women still won't like him.

- Well that is pretty ****ing stupid. "

As you can see, your final statement is inconsistent with the rest of your syllogism.

If you had left off that last bit (which was your intro / last bit as I rearranged it supra) then your comment would be just fine.

I did not guarantee that it would actually WORK for Trump.

I only asserted that he needs to fix it.

Going with a male VP will just be another nail in his coffin.

He really needs a vulva on his ticket. Seriously. No kidding.

Thank you.

Sure, pick the guy the far-right wing of the party hates MORE than Trump.

Which is why 7 of 10 women have a negative view of Trump.

I dont expect Trump to have much trouble beating Hillary so I reject your argument.

:lamo

TRANSLATION: "I don't like facts!"

Sure, pick the guy the far-right wing of the party hates MORE than Trump.

Why should that be a problem for Trump? I dont think Trump has anymore love for the teaparty crowd than he has for the think tank and donor class crowds. And besides, it is not conservatives who will put him in the chair, it will be economically deprived whites, especially men.

Why should that be a problem for Trump? I dont think Trump has anymore love for the teaparty crowd than he has for the think tank and donor class crowds. And besides, it is not conservatives who will put him in the chair, it will be economically deprived whites, especially men.

I don't know what chair you're referring to, since it ain't going to be the one in the oval office.

Donald Trump will not win the presidency. Period, end of discussion.

Which is why 7 of 10 women have a negative view of Trump.

:lamo

TRANSLATION: "I don't like facts!"

Ya ya, Trump is the most negatively viewed at this point in the race general POTUS candidate in history.

Wanna take a guess who is #2?

Don will drive her number up and his down over time. Did you see WP editors today? They know he can win, they are scared.

Ya ya, Trump is the most negatively viewed at this point in the race general POTUS candidate in history.

Wanna take a guess who is #2?

Don will drive her number up and his down over time. Did you see WP editors today? They know he can win, they are scared.

Oh, he CAN win, by doing what he's been doing -- pandering to the pig-ignorant idiots who support him, and ALL Donald Trump supporters are idiots, to a man. I just don't think he WILL win.

It would be the orangest ticket ever.

The optics are not good, they look too much alike, but I think at this point most of us just want to get **** done, the pretty pictures can wait for another time.

I noticed that idiot Hillary miscalculated the other day, said that she would follow the canadians in having half the cabinet women because she wants it to "look like America". She made a promise. Which landed with a thud. Predictable. We lead the Canadians we dont follow them, and we dont do quotas.

The optics are not good, they look too much alike, but I think at this point most of us just want to get **** done, the pretty pictures can wait for another time.

I noticed that idiot Hillary miscalculated the other day, said that she would follow the canadians in having half the cabinet women because she wants it to "look like America". She made a promise. Which landed with a thud. Predictable. We lead the Canadians we dont follow them, and we dont do quotas.

Hillary is not an idiot.

We need more women in government...and having more WOULD help make it look more like America.

There are times where a good leader should be willing to be a good follower.

There are times (I consider this one of them) where doing quotas of sorts...can be a good thing.

Because of people like you, the opposition to Hillary Clinton is now in the hands of Donald Trump. I hope you feel proud of yourself for helping to create this abomination.

Hillary is not an idiot.

We need more women in government...and having more WOULD help make it look more like America.

There are times where a good leader should be willing to be a good follower.

There are times (I consider this one of them) where doing quotas of sorts...can be a good thing.

Because of people like you, the opposition to Hillary Clinton is now in the hands of Donald Trump. I hope you feel proud of yourself for helping to create this abomination.

Frank, you know better than most here that I have been talking for a lot of years about how Washington is broken. THat is what has created the rebellion, the American people finally got fed up just as I said over and over again to the point that a lot of A2K'ers had me pegged as a troll was going to happen if the elite did not get their heads out of their asses.

So dont be blaming me for Trump, I was the one trying to prevent this and worse from happening by calling for reform and for work to get done and for the elite to stop treating the citizens so badly. How many times have I said the words " this is another example of abuse of the citizens at the hands of the state"?

Hundreds.

So come off it Frank.

Back
Top Bottom