• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Boehner For VP

Frank, you know better than most here that I have been talking for a lot of years about how Washington is broken. THat is what has created the rebellion, the American people finally got fed up just as I said over and over again to the point that a lot of A2K'ers had me pegged as a troll was going to happen if the elite did not get their heads out of their asses.

So dont be blaming me for Trump, I was the one trying to prevent this and worse from happening by calling for reform and for work to get done and for the elite to stop treating the citizens so badly. How many times have I said the words " this is another example of abuse of the citizens at the hands of the state"?

Hundreds.

So come off it Frank.

Hawk…we do go back lots of years…and by now you should realize that I do not see “Washington” as “broken.”

We, the electorate, may have unreasonable expectations…especially the conservative element. It appears THEY do not want to be governed at all. And there are some who actually expect human beings elected to office to forgo considerations of self and family…for the greater good of the people.

That is an absurd notion, Hawk. The people who govern…JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE BEING GOVERNED…will ALWAYS take care of self and family before others.

Ronald Reagan started this quagmire in which we find ourselves with his disgusting appeal to the basest instincts of the electorate, “Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

Since then, our country has entered into war with itself. WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT, Hawk. We cannot be at war with ourselves…because we will win no matter what…WHICH MEANS WE WILL LOSE.

Hopefully this will resolve itself soon. Finally, the Republican Party, under the influence of the absurd far right, has successfully gone to war with itself. It will win...and by doing so, lose.

Know what I mean?

Before I really got to know John Boehner, I assumed that he was a wholesome Republican representative.
Admittedly, my take was off-base, and my best advice today is to let that lame, do-nothing, cry-baby
drift aimlessly into oblivion. That's pretty much how he left his country, but he will nonetheless collect his pension.

I heard Trump is narrowing the VP field, so I'm expecting the four horsemen as the final draft soon.

Wrong Ohioan--Trump will still take Kasich--he must win Ohio.
Kasich will calm the establishment and Christie will talk him in to it.

Setting up a potential all-Ohio VP debate v. Sen. Brown.

Unless LP VP Weld is included .

Back
Top Bottom