• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boehner Caught In Another Lie

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Making the rounds on the Sunday talkshow circuit to spin his shutdown of the government, Boehner compounded his prior lies with another lulu: he actually claimed he didn't have the votes to pass a continuing resolution without the poison pills against AHA. Unfortunately for him, Republicans in the House say otherwise.

In any case, we doesn't the prevaricator bring a clean bill to the floor of the House and then we'll find out for sure?

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Sunday that there are not enough votes in the House of Representative to pass a continuing resolution to fund the government without a provision defunding or delaying the Affordable Care Act.

"There are not votes in the House to pass a clean CR," Boehner said in an interview with ABC's "This Week."

Contrary to Boehner's claim, several House Republicans have signaled willingness to pass a bill to fund the government with no strings attached to Obamacare's funding and implementation.

John Boehner Claims He Doesn't Have Votes For Clean Continuing Resolution Bill

Making the Sunday talkshow circuit, Boehner compounded his prior lies with another looloo: he actually claimed he didn't have the votes to pass a continuing resolution without the poison pills against AHA. Unfortunately for him, Republicans in the House say otherwise.

In any case, we doesn't the prevaricator bring a clean bill to the floor of the House and then we'll find out for sure?

this ought to be fun.

what proof do you have he lied?

well if he was lying then don't you suppose we might have a resolution.

Making the rounds on the Sunday talkshow circuit to spin his shutdown of the government, Boehner compounded his prior lies with another lulu: he actually claimed he didn't have the votes to pass a continuing resolution without the poison pills against AHA. Unfortunately for him, Republicans in the House say otherwise.

I think he knows how many votes are there better than HUffpo.

but they, and you, are free to provide evidence that the votes are there.

I read where Huff and Puff post got the number of the 21 congressman that they claimed would vote for a clean CR about half never answered never claimed they would for example Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.)said quote "The politics should be over," he said. "It's time to legislate." and huff and puff post counted that as a vote for a clean CR I want you point out where in those quotes did it say he wanted a clean CR. All you are doing by posting BS from Huff and Puff post is showing how gullible you are

Yeah, I agree. Bring it to the floor and let's see. At this point, it's his strongest position, in my opinion.

I read where Huff and Puff post got the number of the 21 congressman that they claimed would vote for a clean CR about half never answered never claimed they would for example Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.)said quote "The politics should be over," he said. "It's time to legislate." and huff and puff post counted that as a vote for a clean CR I want you point out where in those quotes did it say he wanted a clean CR. All you are doing by posting BS from Huff and Puff post is showing how gullible you are

There is a way to find out whether there are enough votes.

Back
Top Bottom