• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boehner, a true Republican, disses Trump, Cruz, and Jordan

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
John Boehner's book just came out and in it he disses Trump, Cruz, and Jordan as an insurrectionist, a jerk, and a political terrorist, respectively.

John Boehner was one of the pillars of the Republican party. He was the speaker of the House between 2011 and 2015 and was the face of the party for many years before that, and in his book he goes to say:

Former House Speaker John Boehner writes in his new book that he's not sure there's a place for him in today's Republican Party, which he describes as under the control of former President Donald Trump's whims, a conservative media that profits on outrage and politicians and media figures who traffic in conspiracy theories.

In the book, "On the House: A Washington Memoir," Boehner details how those emerging forces -- particularly the rise of Tea Party Republicans uninterested in effective government -- complicated his tenure.

Boehner quotes from his book:

Trump: "Trump’s refusal to accept the result of the election not only cost Republicans the Senate but led to mob violence,”

Cruz: "There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless a--hole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else."

Jordan: "Jordan is a political terrorist. I never saw a guy who spent more time tearing things apart ― never building anything,"

What say you Republicans? Are you ready to tear one of your own to pieces because he says the truth?

Boehner is just another in a long line of Republican politicians who found their spine after leaving politics. It's a condemnation of the entire party and the way it responds to truth and decency.

John Boehner's book just came out and in it he disses Trump, Cruz, and Jordan as an insurrectionist, a jerk, and a political terrorist, respectively.

John Boehner was one of the pillars of the Republican party. He was the speaker of the House between 2011 and 2015 and was the face of the party for many years before that, and in his book he goes to say:

Boehner quotes from his book:

Trump: "Trump’s refusal to accept the result of the election not only cost Republicans the Senate but led to mob violence,”

Cruz: "There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless a--hole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else."

Jordan: "Jordan is a political terrorist. I never saw a guy who spent more time tearing things apart ― never building anything,"

What say you Republicans? Are you ready to tear one of your own to pieces because he says the truth?
If your thread title had been honest and characterized Boehner as a "True Republican Elite", the the quotes in his book would have a more accurate perspective.

What he considers " President Donald Trump's whims " are actually goals and policies that the Republican Party rank and file agrees with and prompted them to kick Boehner's fellow Elites...including Cruz...to the curb back in 2016 and will kick more of his fellow Elites to the curb in 2022, 2024 and 2026.

So yeah...it's not surprising Boehner will utilize the same rhetoric we've seen from the Trump haters since Trump became President. Like the rest of the Trump haters, Boehner is desperate to save the Congressional Elite UniParty (which includes Democratic Elites)...even with the cost of selecting some of his own to throw under the bus to do so.

If your thread title had been honest and characterized Boehner as a "True Republican Elite", the the quotes in his book would have a more accurate perspective.

What he considers " President Donald Trump's whims " are actually goals and policies that the Republican Party rank and file agrees with and prompted them to kick Boehner's fellow Elites...including Cruz...to the curb back in 2016 and will kick more of his fellow Elites to the curb in 2022, 2024 and 2026.

So yeah...it's not surprising Boehner will utilize the same rhetoric we've seen from the Trump haters since Trump became President. Like the rest of the Trump haters, Boehner is desperate to save the Congressional Elite UniParty (which includes Democratic Elites)...even with the cost of selecting some of his own to throw under the bus to do so.

So you want the Republicans to lose even more seats in 2022. Good to know.

You're wearing Merlot-colored glasses. Before you praise Boehner for what he's saying, watch this:

(25) Boehner Torched After Blasting 'Lucifer' Cruz And GOP He Enabled | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC - YouTube
I am not praising Boehner at all. I am using him to see the degree of loyalty among Republicans to the party and/or to Trump. Boehner was "one of theirs" and I want to see how many of the Republican loyalists will tear him apart to defend Trump and those that support him.

My thoughts are that all Republicans are two-faced and they have no loyalty to their own.

My thoughts are that all Republicans are two-faced and they have no loyalty to their own.

It's a bit like the mafia, loyalty when it serves them and betrayal when it doesn't, except that they don't actually kill each other except when trump sends a mob and tries to.

Yes, he was and remains a delusional rightwingnut clown like the rest of them.

what a hypocrite! I just saw where in spite of going off on Trump, he still voted for the bum in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom