• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Body parts, photos part of charges against soldiers

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
more than one question arises from this horrifying story....but WHY was this morlock person still a soldier?

Body parts, photos part of charges against soldiers - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

Army Spc. Jeremy Morlock, 22, from Wasilla, Alaska, is charged with premeditated murder in the deaths of three Afghan civilians, assaulting a fellow soldier and "wrongfully photographing and possessing visual images of human casualties."

Morlock has a history of criminal charges, the Tacoma News Tribune reported Monday: his wife sought a domestic-violence protective order against him two years ago; he was charged with assault and disorderly conduct against his wife and found guilty of the latter charge last year; when he was 15, he was charged with leaving an accident involving an injury or death and received a deferred prosecution.

Last edited:
Morlocks!
morlock%20eyes.jpg

That's the first thing I thought of reading this article.

Last edited:
Probably, because he didn't do anything that warranted him being cashiered from the service.

then the rules should change.....the boy clearly should have never been in the position to kill people. a sympton of the armed forces being under manned.

then the rules should change.....the boy clearly should have never been in the position to kill people. a sympton of the armed forces being under manned.

Those have been the rules for decades, now. If you discharged every soldier that committed a misdemeanor, the military would really be undermanned.

If I were a platoon seargent, Morlock is defenitely one of the guys I would want in my unit.

As hard as it is to do I am going to withhold my condemnation of the ghoulish acts depicted until the final verdict is in but this is awful if guilty as charged and there is no justification for it.

I appears that these soldiers may have snapped under the pressure and don't remember seeing anything about how many tours Morlock was on when this allegedly took place.

I'm not making an excuse just wondering about what happens in ones mind under the constant threat of death at every turn.

This is tragic on all sides.

As hard as it is to do I am going to withhold my condemnation of the ghoulish acts depicted until the final verdict is in but this is awful if guilty as charged and there is no justification for it.

I appears that these soldiers may have snapped under the pressure and don't remember seeing anything about how many tours Morlock was on when this allegedly took place.

I'm not making an excuse just wondering about what happens in ones mind under the constant threat of death at every turn.

This is tragic on all sides.

You really do surprise me sometimes councilman.

That's 100% how I think of it. Especially the underlined section.

Back
Top Bottom