• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Body cam shows scene of block party where 12 were shot, killing 1

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

This happened the other week. There is a lot that needs to be reformed with the police, and the bad cops we cannot continue to let go unpunished. This is true, it's a necessary step to push forward in our society. But it's important to note that they do provide a necessary, fundamental role in society. Many are not corrupt, and we ask them to go into some truly terrifying situations like the one here. The body cam of this event is unbelievable, the sheer amount of bullets being thrown about, you'd expect from a war zone.

This happened the other week. There is a lot that needs to be reformed with the police, and the bad cops we cannot continue to let go unpunished. This is true, it's a necessary step to push forward in our society. But it's important to note that they do provide a necessary, fundamental role in society. Many are not corrupt, and we ask them to go into some truly terrifying situations like the one here. The body cam of this event is unbelievable, the sheer amount of bullets being thrown about, you'd expect from a war zone.

Just the fact that they are yelling "Stay down!" and "Take cover!" tells me that these are good cops and they're not players in the skin color scheme.
They are exercising best judgment and practices and they're coming to the incident scene intending to protect people.
This IS the vast majority of police officers.

Just the fact that they are yelling "Stay down!" and "Take cover!" tells me that these are good cops and they're not players in the skin color scheme.
They are exercising best judgment and practices and they're coming to the incident scene intending to protect people.
The vast majority are good people.

They jumped into a ridiculous situation. It sounded more like a string up black cats going up than it did gun fire. I think that while it is important to condemn bad cops, and it is important to push for change and reform, it's also important to highlight the good officers and the risks they throw themselves into for the sake of the public.

One of the biggest risks to cops is the fact that the US is awash in guns.

This kinda makes me proud. I wish they had some more backup, though. There were at least 3 weapons being fired.

I dont know if the vast majority are good people or not. They operate in a system that is incredibly flawed.

It is very hard to find employees willing to go out on job runs when the job requirement is they agree they have to allow themselves to be violently assaulted or murdered.

It is very hard to find employees willing to go out on job runs when the job requirement is they agree they have to allow themselves to be violently assaulted or murdered.
What the hell are you talking about?

Extremely disingenuous thread.

E X T R E M E L Y disingenuous.

Some of the forums most ardent cop haters now pretending to show support.

Its just sick. Sick sick sick.🤢🤮

Thank you Officers, all decent and intelligent people *STILL* support you. And always will.

💯 (y)

Extremely disingenuous thread.

E X T R E M E L Y disingenuous.

Some of the forums most ardent cop haters now pretending to show support.

Its just sick. Sick sick sick.🤢🤮

Thank you Officers, all decent and intelligent people *STILL* support you. And always will.

💯 (y)
Thank goodness "decent and intelligent" people are on your narrow side of this issue. Indecent and unintelligent people, I swear, what are we going to do with them?! :mad:

"The vast majority are good!" is too often what you want to believe, not reality. Per this ex-cop, it's more like:
On any given day, in any police department in the nation, 15 percent of officers will do the right thing no matter what is happening. Fifteen percent of officers will abuse their authority at every opportunity. The remaining 70 percent could go either way depending on whom they are working with.

If that's anywhere near accurate, it's 35% going along with the 15% good.......annnnd 35% going along with the 15% bad. Now, it would obviously depend who specifically is partnered with whom, but on average, that isn't a "vast majority" being great cops. That's 50/50 good/bad. That's bad if it's even remotely close to true.

So I'm glad that we have this here thread about some of the good ones doing the right thing in a dangerous situation. But...y'know... bear in mind that the idea that the "vast majority are good" is what may not be anywhere near accurate.

(Indeed, the Vox article's third point is all about how media and public narrative of heroism helps shelter the bad cops....and all the 'neutral' ones that go along with what they get up to)

Last edited:
"The vast majority are good!" is too often what you want to believe, not reality. Per this ex-cop, it's more like:
On any given day, in any police department in the nation, 15 percent of officers will do the right thing no matter what is happening. Fifteen percent of officers will abuse their authority at every opportunity. The remaining 70 percent could go either way depending on whom they are working with.

If that's anywhere near accurate, it's 35% going along with the 15% good.......annnnd 35% going along with the 15% bad. Now, it would obviously depend who specifically is partnered with whom, but on average, that isn't a "vast majority" being great cops. That's 50/50 good/bad. That's bad if it's even remotely close to true.

So I'm glad that we have this here thread about some of the good ones doing the right thing in a dangerous situation. But...y'know... bear in mind that the idea that the "vast majority are good" is what may not be anywhere near accurate.

(Indeed, the Vox article's third point is all about how media and public narrative of heroism helps shelter the bad cops....and all the 'neutral' ones that go along with what they get up to)

^^ There it is, there's no need at all to miss any opportunity to take a big smelly DUMP all over Law Enforcement.

WELL DONE Mr. Person!! WELL DONE!!!

👏👏👏👏👏

^^ There it is, there's no need at all to miss any opportunity to take a big smelly DUMP all over Law Enforcement.

WELL DONE Mr. Person!! WELL DONE!!!

👏👏👏👏👏
Chuckle.

Oh come on. You can do better than that. I'm sure you've got it in you to figure out how the incident in the video was actually provoked by the cops.

Back
Top Bottom