• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Body and Blood

Montalban

Reaction score
Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions as I delivered them to you (I Corinthians 11:2)

“Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or by our epistle” (II Thessalonians 2:15)

This is an argument against Protestants who deny the real presence of Jesus in the Bread (Body) and Wine (Blood)
Sometimes Jesus spoke metaphorically;
1. I am the light of the world (John 8:12)
2. I am the door (John 10:9)
3. I am the good shepherd (John 10:11)
4. I am the resurrection and the life (John 11:25)
5. I am the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6)

However Jesus says that His Body and Blood are really food and drink…

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

41 At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven." 42 They said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, 'I came down from heaven'?"

43 "Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Neato.

V.I. Lenin's Diary, page 2 : "Crackers cure cancer".

Therefore, because it is written it is true.

V.I. Lenin said:
Neato.

V.I. Lenin's Diary, page 2 : "Crackers cure cancer".

Therefore, because it is written it is true.

We don't have crackers.

Montalban said:
We don't have crackers.

Better buy some then!

Also note: Naughty Nurses Book of Universal Truths:

"Thou shalt shag lots of people of the same sex" (Page 1).

Get to it!

Transubstantiation->Eucharist=Cannibalism.

(I bet you were waiting for someone to say that).

Naughty Nurse said:
Better buy some then!

Also note: Naughty Nurses Book of Universal Truths:

"Thou shalt shag lots of people of the same sex" (Page 1).

Get to it!

Why do we need crackers? Have you gone crackers?

shuamort said:
Transubstantiation->Eucharist=Cannibalism.

(I bet you were waiting for someone to say that).

As far as I'm concerened transubstantiation, as it is more commonly used is a Catholic belief that is a legalistic setting out of doctrine.

We Orthodox do believe that the bread and wine really are Body and Blood so that we agree with the essence of transubstantiation; just not the methodological approach.

Montalban said:
Why do we need crackers? Have you gone crackers?

I went to church much. After my skin stopped burning I had to eat crackers and drink wine. It was Jesus' skin and blood.

Apperantly Jesus was an avid fan of Ritz crackers, or had very dry skin. Haha, blasphemy is fun.

V.I. Lenin said:
I went to church much. After my skin stopped burning I had to eat crackers and drink wine. It was Jesus' skin and blood.

Apperantly Jesus was an avid fan of Ritz crackers, or had very dry skin. Haha, blasphemy is fun.

'I went to church much' is a sentence you need to re-write. Ask your junior school teacher what's wrong with it.

I apologize. I ment to type "I went to church once."

I was born in 1980. Whats 2005 minus 1980? I do hope I'm not still in junior school

V.I. Lenin said:
I apologize. I ment to type "I went to church once."

I was born in 1980. Whats 2005 minus 1980? I do hope I'm not still in junior school

Your musings on this and other posts suggests that you missed it altogether

Back
Top Bottom