• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bodies not even cold, and Feinstein politicking already...

I have no need to be nice to the anti-gun loons. Their moronic ideas have been disproven millions of times over.

Just remember, there are alot of morons with guns also.

Yes, and the timing is poor only because you don't agree with it. You agree with mental health screenings, that's why you think it's perfectly fine to bring it up right after a tragedy, but gun control isnt'. That's the point, the timing is only good for that which you agree with. It means your entire "timing" argument is a load of crap. It's an excuse.

The timing is poor regardless of which point you feel is relevant. Let the shock subside and the families mourn, then address the appropriate issues.

The shooter was mentally ill. Why not focus on mental illness?

The timing is poor regardless of which point you feel is relevant. Let the shock subside and the families mourn, then address the appropriate issues.

Oh, so what you're saying is that when you brought up mental illness in this thread you were doing it in poor taste?

Are you intentionally be obtuse?

Clearly her desire was to ban ALL guns.

That video is anything but clear. She very easily could have been talking about assault weapons or the loopholes in the previous assault weapons ban.

To bad she wasn't at the Naval yard today...wait did I say that out loud?
I hate when idiots like you say stupid things like this then claim to be Tea Party members. You and people like you are the reason people view the Tea Party, which started as a Libertarian, pacifist type movement, as the militant, racist, and neo-con movement it is trying to become. Do me a favor. If you're going to post moronic things like this, at least don't claim the Tea Party. We already have overcome enough idiots as is.

The shooter was mentally ill. Why not focus on mental illness?
Because it's not the easy answer. Not criticizing your suggestion. I'm just giving the reason why politicians and leaders in general don't want to tackle it.

Because it's not the easy answer. Not criticizing your suggestion. I'm just giving the reason why politicians and leaders in general don't want to tackle it.

If someone wants to get their hands on a gun, they will.
This man had been treated for mental illness and passed a background check to buy a gun.
I'm seeing the problem as gun control, but rather mental illness.

That video is anything but clear. She very easily could have been talking about assault weapons or the loopholes in the previous assault weapons ban.

Looks like she was discussing specifically the 1994 assault weapons ban (somewhere around 3:20).

What Assault Weapons Ban? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

She did, however, say this:

and this:

The national guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the 2nd amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.

Does that paint a picture to you?

If someone wants to get their hands on a gun, they will.
This man had been treated for mental illness and passed a background check to buy a gun.
I'm seeing the problem as gun control, but rather mental illness.
Totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that it's easier to say "ban guns" than say "doctors try harder to diagnose mental illness without insulting someone or infringing upon their rights of privacy". My statement wasn't a contradiction of your comment though. I understand your pov.

Looks like she was discussing specifically the 1994 assault weapons ban (somewhere around 3:20).

What Assault Weapons Ban? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

She did, however, say this:

and this:

Does that paint a picture to you?

Sorry, I still think it's very possible she's talking about assault weapons. If she really is dead set on banning all guns it shouldn't be this hard to find her saying so or sponsoring a bill in congress for such a measure.

In this one, denial is strong.

Navy Yard shooting: AR-15, back in the news -- briefly - CNN.com

However, federal law enforcement sources told CNN Tuesday that authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe Alexis brought in to the compound. The other two weapons, which sources say were handguns, may have been taken from guards at the Navy complex.

Oh wait, the media got it wrong. A shotty and two pistols. No AR-15 at all?

I hate when idiots like you say stupid things like this then claim to be Tea Party members. You and people like you are the reason people view the Tea Party, which started as a Libertarian, pacifist type movement, as the militant, racist, and neo-con movement it is trying to become. Do me a favor. If you're going to post moronic things like this, at least don't claim the Tea Party. We already have overcome enough idiots as is.

Your right, Im the reason the Tea Party is viewed as a Racist, Militant, Neo-con movement.:roll:

So, the idea of hockey players carrying guns sounds foolish but everyone walking around the mall on Saturday being armed somehow makes sense to you :roll:

All of your hyperbole sounds extremely foolish.

Yes, we do. We also have all sorts of laws on firearms. Did DiFi, or anybody else, for that matter, call for more restrictions on cars before the casualties were even counted in this incident?

Man arrested after woman killed in California boardwalk hit-and-run rampage | Reuters
If the driver was a senior citizen to blind to see, I would not be shocked to hear some politicians suggesting that maybe drivers should be given periodic eye exams--oh wait, they already do require drivers to get periodic eye exams. :roll:

If the driver was a senior citizen to blind to see, I would not be shocked to hear some politicians suggesting that maybe drivers should be given periodic eye exams--oh wait, they already do require drivers to get periodic eye exams. :roll:

Driving is NOT a right. It is a privilege.

All of your hyperbole sounds extremely foolish.

Explain to me then why hockey players can't be packing guns for protection. Lord knows plenty of them have been attacked by thugs on the ice.

Why should't a smaller, faster skater be armed to protect himself from some 6'6" goon? How is that different than the guy seeking protection from goons by carrying a gun as he strolls through town?

Back
Top Bottom