• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boder Patrol: Obama Forcing Agents to Release Illegals... 85% disappear in USA...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
BP Council says ‘catch and release’ policy continues fueling illegal immigration.

Officials last week spoke up about the Obama administration’s so-called “catch and release” policies blamed for hindering Border Patrol operations and encouraging illegal crossers from coming into the United States.

A recent letter from the National Border Patrol Council states a high-ranking member of the Obama administration confirmed to Border Patrol agents they have no intention of removing illegal border crossers that are being released with an order to appear in court.
BP Council says ‘catch and release’ policy continues fueling illegal immigration - The Monitor: Local News

Until congress passes an immigration reform bill.....them's the breaks.

Hmmm...ignore written laws unless you disagree with them?

It's my understanding that the current immigration law doesn't addresses the current immigration problem. Hence, the need for reform.

It's my understanding that the current immigration law doesn't addresses the current immigration problem. Hence, the need for reform.

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

But the children of illegal immigrants that were brought and raised here didn't have a choice and don't fit the definition of that law. Then there is the problem of separating families ...and hundreds of thousands of unattended children crossing the border...and discerning who is a legitimate refugee from Central America and who isn't....and so on. So the law does need reforming and simply putting up a wall just doesn't cut it, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

But the children of illegal immigrants that were brought and raised here didn't have a choice and don't fit the definition of that law. Then there is the problem of separating families ...and hundreds of thousands of unattended children crossing the border...and discerning who is a legitimate refugee from Central America and who isn't....and so on. So the law does need reforming and simply putting up a wall just doesn't cut it, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

I never mentioned a wall. I don't need the youtube link as I am partially in agreement with you already. But I do have a problem with pregnant mothers coming across the border trying to use US citizens as suckers.

that was a poorly written article
at times, it appeared to focus on unaccompanied minors crossing the border
but never actually explains if that was the focus of the discussion with the Obama appointee

Need a wall...

I never mentioned a wall. I don't need the youtube link as I am partially in agreement with you already. But I do have a problem with pregnant mothers coming across the border trying to use US citizens as suckers.

Add that to the list of immigration reform. Without it, Obama can't enforce a law that doesn't exist.

He can't enforce the laws on the books, why would we trust him with a new set of laws.

I think he's added more border patrol and deported more illegal immigrants than his predecessors. Also, last year(?) the illegal immigration rate was the lowest it's been in a decade or more.

Last edited:
Add that to the list of immigration reform. Without it, Obama can't enforce a law that doesn't exist.

He can't enforce laws that don't exist but he's also not enforcing the laws that do exist.

I think he's added more border patrol and deported more illegal immigrants than his predecessors. Also, last year(?) the illegal immigration rate was the lowest it's been in a decade or more.

you post that as if Obama's opponents would acknowledge the facts
Since coming to office in 2009, Obama’s government has deported more than 2.5 million people—up 23% from the George W. Bush years.
Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion

He can't enforce laws that don't exist but he's also not enforcing the laws that do exist.

What immigration law isn't he enforcing?

U.S. deports fewer illegals, criminals as Obama amnesty kicks in - Washington Times

And they claimed good news on the border as well, where apprehensions are down dramatically, falling to about 337,000, or the lowest number since 2011, and is far lower than the peak of 1.6 million caught at the border in 2000.

President Obama slashed the number of deportations in 2015, the administration announced Tuesday, removing out only about 235,000 aliens from the U.S. as his amnesty kicked into full gear, putting most illegal immigrants out of reach of agents.

Overall deportations dropped by 32 percent, and even deportations of criminals — whom Mr. Obama had said he wanted to focus on — dropped by 27 percent compared to fiscal year 2014, according to year-end statistics released by Homeland Security.

When making all sorts of Amnesty promises that causes a surge of illegal immigrants crossing the border, do you think it may be that the President created the increased border activity to begin with?

BP Council says ‘catch and release’ policy continues fueling illegal immigration.

Officials last week spoke up about the Obama administration’s so-called “catch and release” policies blamed for hindering Border Patrol operations and encouraging illegal crossers from coming into the United States.

A recent letter from the National Border Patrol Council states a high-ranking member of the Obama administration confirmed to Border Patrol agents they have no intention of removing illegal border crossers that are being released with an order to appear in court.
BP Council says ‘catch and release’ policy continues fueling illegal immigration - The Monitor: Local News

And this is partly why the National Border Patrol Council endorsed Trump.

*mother of all facepalms*

We already have laws that address the current immigration problem. The problem is THEY AREN'T ENFORCED!

Obama picks and chooses which immigration laws he wants enforced (which is very very few) and ignores the rest. And when a local/state government chooses to enforce the laws (RE: Arizona), he sics the DOJ on them. Meanwhile, he ignores the local/state govts who break the law by creating Sanctuary laws and gives illegals stuff like in-state tuition and driver's licenses.

Back
Top Bottom