• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boats participating in a Trump support parade sink in Texas, officials say

Had they dumped all those heavy loads of bull****, they might've stayed afloat. But alas their pompous egos wouldn't ever let that happen. Others, at most, generally just put a bumper sticker on their car.

Oh sure! "Bumper stickers" is the only way YOUR SIDE voices their political viewpoints.

12302122-16x9-xlarge.jpg

253d49b8-fa81-4097-bfe2-1dc56ce8440a-protest_blm_01.jpg

There was no sudden storm...
A windy day is a storm for the average Trump follower.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

A windy day is a storm for the average Trump follower.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

LOL... And they apparently are not aware that weather records are kept for more than one day... :2razz:

Oh sure! "Bumper stickers" is the only way YOUR SIDE voices their political viewpoints.

12302122-16x9-xlarge.jpg

253d49b8-fa81-4097-bfe2-1dc56ce8440a-protest_blm_01.jpg

I never said "my side" only uses bumper stickers. I also have no problem admitting when "my side" makes mistakes. Trumpanzees however do not dare speak ill of their cult God or his wishes.

Scott H Sexton
23 hrs ·
(used with permission)

Since I live on Lake Travis where the recent Texas boat parade fiasco happened, several people have asked me for my take on the situation, so here you go:

Most importantly there were no deaths.
There is at least one person still in the hospital, he is still in the ICU with a broken back.
I heard of 13 vessels that were swamped or sunk, law enforcement has not released an official number yet.
Before the parade started, Lake Travis was CALM with no waves larger than ½ foot, the maximum wind gusts were less than 10kts.

When the parade started multiple boats cranked up their motors to show off and began creating excessive wakes. Vessels were driving at unsafe speeds in close proximity. This is what created the dangerous conditions that swamped/sunk vessels.

Even after vessels started sinking, there was no cooperation with law enforcement and emergency personnel to slow down and/or reduce the wakes. First responders had to deal with rescuing people out of the water from sinking boats WHILE OTHER BOATS passed at close distances at speeds that created more wakes and even more dangerous conditions.
The majority of vessels involved showed ZERO CONCERN for the well being of others, or the damage that they were causing with their wakes. All of this could have been averted had they driven their vessels at slower speeds and at safer distances.

So far, I understand that all of the damaged vessels were involved in the parade.
We are still awaiting the official report from the Travis County Sheriff's office that has jurisdiction over Lake Travis.

PS: I was at the dock during all of this, I generally do not leave the dock on holiday weekends, too many amateurs and drunks on the water for Labor Day, the 4th of July, and Memorial Day weekends.

------------------------

COMMENT:

[FONT=&quot]"The majority of vessels involved showed ZERO CONCERN for the well being of others, or the damage that they were causing with their wakes. "
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That pretty much says it all for me.
[/FONT]

Scott H Sexton
23 hrs ·
(used with permission)

Since I live on Lake Travis where the recent Texas boat parade fiasco happened, several people have asked me for my take on the situation, so here you go:

There is at least one person still in the hospital, he is still in the ICU with a broken back.
I heard of 13 vessels that were swamped or sunk, law enforcement has not released an official number yet.
Before the parade started, Lake Travis was CALM with no waves larger than ½ foot, the maximum wind gusts were less than 10kts.

When the parade started multiple boats cranked up their motors to show off and began creating excessive wakes. Vessels were driving at unsafe speeds in close proximity. This is what created the dangerous conditions that swamped/sunk vessels.

Even after vessels started sinking, there was no cooperation with law enforcement and emergency personnel to slow down and/or reduce the wakes. First responders had to deal with rescuing people out of the water from sinking boats WHILE OTHER BOATS passed at close distances at speeds that created more wakes and even more dangerous conditions.
The majority of vessels involved showed ZERO CONCERN for the well being of others, or the damage that they were causing with their wakes. All of this could have been averted had they driven their vessels at slower speeds and at safer distances.

So far, I understand that all of the damaged vessels were involved in the parade.
We are still awaiting the official report from the Travis County Sheriff's office that has jurisdiction over Lake Travis.

PS: I was at the dock during all of this, I generally do not leave the dock on holiday weekends, too many amateurs and drunks on the water for Labor Day, the 4th of July, and Memorial Day weekends.

------------------------

COMMENT:

[FONT=&quot]"The majority of vessels involved showed ZERO CONCERN for the well being of others, or the damage that they were causing with their wakes. "
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That pretty much says it all for me.
[/FONT]

That’s a hallmark of a Trump rally.

Scott H Sexton
23 hrs ·
(used with permission)

------------------------

COMMENT:

[FONT="][FONT=inherit]"The majority of vessels involved showed [I][B]ZERO CONCERN for the well being of others[/B][/I], or the damage that they were causing with their wakes. "[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]That pretty much says it all for me.
[/FONT]

You just take up a front row seat at the Boat Ramp Follies!!!!

I’m quite sure that the boat ramps around the lake were full of even more stupidity and belligerence (after all, they’d all have been drinking for a while by then!).

Back
Top Bottom