• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boat(less)

RetiredUSN

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
For the first time in 24 years, I don't own a boat. Sold my 26' Islander sailboat (the second Islander I have owned) this morning along my 14' crabbing skiff.

I won't miss the sailboat too much because I'm getting to damn old to be crawling over the deck chasing lines fixing a foresail/jib, but I'm having a little sellers remorse over the skiff.

My son and I built this skiff a few years back.

13096302_1753732028195498_5277890413145412127_n.jpg

943922_1712855375616497_6221754695393547948_n.jpg

Time to start another build.

Maybe a 18' this time after I buy the trawler that I want.

For the first time in 24 years, I don't own a boat. Sold my 26' Islander sailboat (the second Islander I have owned) this morning along my 14' crabbing skiff.

I won't miss the sailboat too much because I'm getting to damn old to be crawling over the deck chasing lines fixing a foresail/jib, but I'm having a little sellers remorse over the skiff.

My son and I built this skiff a few years back.

View attachment 67319714

View attachment 67319715

Time to start another build.

Maybe a 18' this time after I buy the trawler that I want.

I believe I recall your posting about building the skiff as you were building it, Retired USN.

I don't know how you let it go. We (me & my bros) still have a car we built in our teens. We're never letting that baby go! Ditto for our (long gone) grandfather's old relic!

I believe I recall your posting about building the skiff as you were building it, Retired USN.

I don't know how you let it go. We (me & my bros) still have a car we built in our teens. We're never letting that baby go! Ditto for our (long gone) grandfather's old relic!

I admire holding on to a car that long. I wish I still had my 67 RS/SS Camaro. I have a friend, now in his late 50s, that still owns the first car he ever had, bought when he was 16. Several years ago I was out at his house looking at some of the cars he has in his various sheds and barns, and I said, "Hey! That's just like your first car."

He said, "No...that IS my first car," LOL I never realized he had kept it all that time.

I admire holding on to a car that long. I wish I still had my 67 RS/SS Camaro. I have a friend, now in his late 50s, that still owns the first car he ever had, bought when he was 16. Several years ago I was out at his house looking at some of the cars he has in his various sheds and barns, and I said, "Hey! That's just like your first car."

He said, "No...that IS my first car," LOL I never realized he had kept it all that time.

Well, I've got to thank my brother, as it was our joint project but I left it to him when I moved on. It's a helluva' trip being in it today. All the memories of hanging with childhood & high schoolfriends, street races, and back seat escapades! The memories are priceless!

Back
Top Bottom