• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boat Crashes Into Oil Well, Creating New Spill in Gulf of Mexico

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
URGENT: Fox News is being told by the Homeland Security director for Jefferson Parish, La., that a new oil leak has sprung up in the Gulf of Mexico after a boat struck an oil well in the early morning hours on Tuesday.

I wouldn't worry about this one too much. Yes, oil is gushing from a well into the Gulf of Mexico, but this one is only 8 feet under the surface. It will be stopped pretty quickly, but coming on the heels of the Deepwater Horizon disaster, this does not look good for the PR boys over at BP.

Article is here.

072710_oilspill_604x341.jpg

I wouldn't worry about this one too much. Yes, oil is gushing from a well into the Gulf of Mexico, but this one is only 8 feet under the surface. It will be stopped pretty quickly, but coming on the heels of the Deepwater Horizon disaster, this does not look good for the PR boys over at BP.

Article is here.

I saw nothing in your link to indicate this was in any way related to BP..?

I saw nothing in your link to indicate this was in any way related to BP..?

It's the oil industry as a whole, along with their political shills, who keep telling us that there are no problems with drilling in the Gulf. BP is presently the poster boy for that, hence my reference to them.

Last edited:
It's the oil industry as a whole, who keep telling us that there are no problems with drilling in the Gulf. BP is the poster boy for that, hence my reference to them.

Gotcha, but it seems that this was more human error, and not actually any problem with the drilling equipment/well/etc....

I mean, airplanes are generally safe, but if a pilot flies one into a mountain, it is not a failure of the plane really.

Gotcha, but it seems that this was more human error, and not actually any problem with the drilling equipment/well/etc....

I mean, airplanes are generally safe, but if a pilot flies one into a mountain, it is not a failure of the plane really.

Which is why I maintain that their opposition to a moratorium smacks of dishonesty.

Friggin' lovely. As if there hasn't been enough problems in The Gulf.

I don't know what is more peculiar. This new leak or that danarhea is surfing Fox News

Texas Governor: Perry (R) 50%, White (D) 41%

Make room in your sig Dan :D

Last edited:
I don't know what is more peculiar. This new leak or that danarhea is surfing Fox News

Texas Governor: Perry (R) 50%, White (D) 41%

Make room in your sig Dan :D

I surf both FOX News and MSNBC. It's called being "Fair and balanced". :mrgreen:

After this year's election, your sig will read "I worship DanaRhea, the almighty sage". :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I surf both FOX News and MSNBC. It's called being "Fair and balanced". :mrgreen:

After this year's election, your sig will read "I worship DanaRhea, the almighty sage". :mrgreen:

I'd call that suck and suck..... :prof

LOL And so it begins......:D

Article is here.

We need a moratorium on all shipping in the Gulf of Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom