• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Board Games

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I strongly suggest anyone who has an intelligent person to play against try "Quarto".

It's a 4x4 board. Each piece has a mix of four possible characteristics, evenly distributed. The goal is to get 4 of one characteristic in a row, then you win.

The catch: Opponent's give each other the piece their opponent will play.

It's clever in the way chess is clever. Think ahead. And if for whatever reason you can't do that at the moment, plot to make things difficult for the other person to keep them off-balance. Like chess, the point is to trap them into making you win. Sometimes, you can fool them into making a move that ****s 'em two turns down the road. But they don't see it. That's rare. But it's not so much as setting traps that someone steps into, and more setting traps that causes someone else to set a trap for you that you have foreseen, and then you set the real trap. And then they fold because when you hand them the piece they're supposed to play, they work out that they cannot possibly put it in any spot and hand you a piece that does not make you win.

"SET" is another good one, testing basic pattern recognition at speed. But there's no strategy there. It's just fast pattern recognition.

Friends:

Settlers of Catan. 2-4. Expansion set brings to 4-6. A clever mix of strategy, resource + build, and luck.

Cards against humanity: It's "apples to apples" but funnier. Someone puts down a card with sentence(s) on it. Everyone else have to put down a card(s) to fill in the blanks. Point is to be funny. "two midgets *****ing in a bucket" is one of the cruder cards that can be put down to match the card the person put down, for example.

Texas Hold 'em Poker. I like this one.

Last edited:
cool, a board games thread. my wife and i love them. as for the games mentioned in the OP, my wife and i have played Cards Against Humanity and Apples to Apples.

this is probably the one that we have played the **** out of the most :

Lost Cities.jpg

here's a video description of the gameplay :

[video=youtube;MY48EZz6jBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=MY48EZz6jBI[/video]

it's really fun, and i would definitely give it my stamp of approval.

cool, a board games thread. my wife and i love them. as for the games mentioned in the OP, my wife and i have played Cards Against Humanity and Apples to Apples.

this is probably the one that we have played the **** out of the most :

View attachment 67246928

here's a video description of the gameplay :

it's really fun, and i would definitely give it my stamp of approval.

Lost cities is pretty fun it’s a great 2 payer game and there aren’t a lot of good 2 player games around

Lost cities is pretty fun it’s a great 2 payer game and there aren’t a lot of good 2 player games around

that is true. it does seem like most games work best with three or four players.

A couple that I have had fun playing recently

Pyramid Poker
Santorini
Tally Ho
Patchwork
Manhattan Project
Revolver
Jambo
Pandemic: Legacy

Back
Top Bottom