• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Board Donations.

woodsman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Please don’t take this post the wrong way, It’s more about curiosity than anything else. We can all see the donation gauge on the upper right of the main page and It’s monthly goal of $290 which isn’t that much considering the size and activity of this board. I haven’t been a member that long ,six months, but each month I make It a point to donate something. I would never want to see a platform such as this feel the need to supplement the costs of operation with advertisement. That is one reason why I donate, the other is I just enjoy reading this board.

What I don’t get is why others don’t see It as I do, that is not a diss in anyway but this board has so many active members. My curiosity is why that very low operating cost is not met, that gauge has never met Its goal since I have been a member. Actually It’s a bit disheartening for me.

If you would like to share why you donate or why you don’t please share your opinion.

Where is the donate board at? I haven't seen it in a while.

O.K. now I see it. For some reason it didn't come up right away for me.

If I get some customers to pick up their stuff I will donate soon.

Dp is full of libertarians ,that is the reason :mrgreen:

Please don’t take this post the wrong way, It’s more about curiosity than anything else. We can all see the donation gauge on the upper right of the main page and It’s monthly goal of $290 which isn’t that much considering the size and activity of this board. I haven’t been a member that long ,six months, but each month I make It a point to donate something. I would never want to see a platform such as this feel the need to supplement the costs of operation with advertisement. That is one reason why I donate, the other is I just enjoy reading this board.

What I don’t get is why others don’t see It as I do, that is not a diss in anyway but this board has so many active members. My curiosity is why that very low operating cost is not met, that gauge has never met Its goal since I have been a member. Actually It’s a bit disheartening for me.

If you would like to share why you donate or why you don’t please share your opinion.

Most people think someone else will do it. I thank you for any donations you have made to DP to assist the owner in keeping it running, for the benefit of us all.

Most people think someone else will do it. I thank you for any donations you have made to DP to assist the owner in keeping it running, for the benefit of us all.

No, most people don't think about it.

I really can't donate right now and I'm a fairly new member, but I pledged to donate at least once during my stay here. I really like the forums and I appreciate what they furnish us with in a time when social media has taken over the internet and the demand for edgy tweets has nearly eliminated the demand for actual debates.

Well, it costs money to run something like this; I figured that if I would wait to see how I felt about the community and moderation before donating, did that, and decided to chip in. Don't want to freeload.

It would be a different story if for example this was run as a free service by a for-profit company, as some papers' internet sites do.

I enjoy the board and I can afford to donate. Others I know are on limited incomes- disability- students- working 2 jobs to make ends meet or they are having problems finding steady work.
IRC I have seen in the past where the monthly amounts needed were met.

Well, it costs money to run something like this; I figured that if I would wait to see how I felt about the community and moderation before donating, did that, and decided to chip in. Don't want to freeload.

It would be a different story if for example this was run as a free service by a for-profit company, as some papers' internet sites do.

I did lots of reading and noticing of staff action before I donated. I came to the same conclusion as you, this board is worth donating to. What also needs recognition is the collective hours the staff volunteers put in, huge thumbs up to those folks, I couldn’t do It that’s for sure.

The donation bar is showing the goal is close this month, well I can fix close, and make it happen. First time since I have been a member, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom