• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BO Disgraces America At Hiroshima

DamnYankee

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Obama Dishonors Memorial Day at Hiroshima

Does anyone think it an accident that President Obama chose Memorial Day weekend to give his high-sounding moral equivalence speech in Hiroshima...

What Obama did NOT do in his speech in Japan was to praise America’s fallen warriors, the men and women whose bravery and sacrifice saved the world from nuclear war over the 71 years since that first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima in 1945.

Obama Dishonors Memorial Day at Hiroshima - Breitbart

There really isn't much we can expect out of a radical leftists, even when it comes to honoring our brave citizens.

There really isn't much we can expect out of a radical leftists, even when it comes to honoring our brave citizens.

As long as he does not say that the use of the bomb was illegitimate, he is on more or less safe ground. Sure, calling for a world without nuclear bombs is stupid without making clear, that it would be dangerous without a major change in the architecture of international security and sovereignties. And it is a little bitchy of him to insult American veterans in this way. But hey man, this is Obama you are talking about.

You don't go around bragging about killings another countries people.

Golda Meir once stated:

“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.

One of the finest things I have ever heard in the aftermath of war.

Instead of apologizing for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima, BO used the forum to criticize Trump. BO criticizes non-liberals any chance he gets.
Shouldn't we expect a Memorial Day message from BO that criticizes Trump?

'We are gathered today to honor our fallen soldiers. We also don't need to listen to blusterers that don't think and don't know what they are doing.' Is BO possibly referring to himself?

Last edited:
It is not like the G7 was happening in Japan or anything. Oh, right. Also it was almost 70 years ago, let it go. What if the G7 was held in Germany, would you still be angry?

Obama did nothing to disgrace America or its veterans

the only genuine disgrace is your bogus allegation

you complain that Obama did not praise the US veterans who dropped the nuclear weapon that devastated the city in which he was speaking. it is difficult to imagine anything more boorish one could proclaim; only the likes of tRump could probably come up with something as disrespectful. how about the funeral for young kid killed by law enforcement in the course of their duties. to you, praising the policeman who killed him would be an appropriate thing to express at the kid's funeral. the lack of dignity by some is so appalling, when it should be so fundamental to us all

It is just odd coming from Obama who will go down in history as the only President to be at war his entire administration. Obama has bombed Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, and probably several other countries, all with the belief that there was a benefit to those bombings, presumably. Wish that he had the introspective nature to look at his own decisions with the analytical eye that he looked at Hiroshima.

The term WMD came from a description of the fascist aerial bombings of Guenica made famous by Picasso. Of course, since the US has the most powerful air force in the world and can bomb indiscriminately we don't consider aerial bombings with conventional weapons to be WMD. But aerial bombings are comparable to Hiroshima as evidenced by Hamburg, Tokyo, Dresden, etc.

Instead of apologizing for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima, BO used the forum to criticize Trump. BO criticizes non-liberals any chance he gets.
Shouldn't we expect a Memorial Day message from BO that criticizes Trump?

'We are gathered today to honor our fallen soldiers. We also don't need to listen to blusterers that don't think and don't know what they are doing.' Is BO possibly referring to himself?

There is no occasion that BO does not use for political purposes.

He is nothing more or less than the mouthpiece for an ideology. He is not just, considerate, wise or fair.

He is only a political animal with an agenda and the unwavering need to sell it.

There is no occasion that BO does not use for political purposes.

He is nothing more or less than the mouthpiece for an ideology. He is not just, considerate, wise or fair.

He is only a political animal with an agenda and the unwavering need to sell it.

He is a politician at a meeting of politicians, what else do you want?

there have already been threads on this crap. posting breitbart is foolish and in no way connected to reality.

If Obama stayed home and had a BBQ at th WH, Breitbart's headline would be "Obama snubs allies by not going to Japan."

And the OP would probably parrot it faithfully.

Golda Meir once stated:

“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.

Well said! People gripe about the atomic bombs we dropped...but the damage they did was only 2% of the total bombing damage we did to the Japanese mainland - our firebombing campaign did far more total damage. It's just that the atomic weapons were a heck of a lot quicker and more flashy. Either way, we killed hundreds of thousands of their civilians...a significant portion of which were children. Golda Meir's proclamation certainly applies.

Again, well said!

Golda Meir once stated:

Whoa!

I never heard that before.

Thank you for posting this! :thumbs:

This is REALLY complicated, and you right wingers REALLY struggle with basic facts, but follow along and pay attention, and I am sure you will manage: Memorial Day for this year has not happened yet. What Obama might say about US vets for Memorial Day this year, you do not know.

See, I knew if you tried real hard you could understand...

He is a politician at a meeting of politicians, what else do you want?

None of those foreign leaders have any business being involved in our elections, and I doubt that many cared about our elections.

The political election speech was directed to the folks at home.

None of those foreign leaders have any business being involved in our elections, and I doubt that many cared about our elections.

The political election speech was directed to the folks at home.

Why do Americans seem to think America and American elections seem to exist in a vacuum? The US elections have a lot of impact on the rest of the world as well.

Obama delivered a beautiful speech about striving for a peaceful world. Obama haters are so blinded by their hate they miss out on a beautiful call for peace, which was what the solemn occasion was all about.

I am planning to write a beautiful speech about striving for a peaceful world without nukes, artillery, tanks, machine guns, warships, knives, guns, rapists, murderers, crooked politicians, liberals, venomous snakes, hunger,...and everything else that can hurt even one human being.

Where would you want me to send it?

So the POTUS perspired?

I don't see why simple body odor (BO) would disgrace the President.

Maybe it was hot there.

Why do Americans seem to think America and American elections seem to exist in a vacuum? The US elections have a lot of impact on the rest of the world as well.

True. But a couple of factors are evident. (1) The G-7 had concluded a few days earlier. (2) A quick look at the agenda revealed nothing concerning the forthcoming US elections.

Obama hung around a few days after the G7 to make a speech at the site of the deaths of thousands of Japanese on our national holiday honoring our fallen war hero's. The Hiroshima speech could have just easily happened a couple of days earlier, leaving time in the US for one our important holidays.

Instead Obama chose this day, and gave that speech. Given that I'm politically fairly astute and that I know or care little about other elections and assume Japan's man on the street feels thje same, I'm going with the notion that at least that part was directed at the home audience.

It looks like Obama just got a rude welcome from Shinzo Abe, the Japan Prime Minister on his apology tour. The Japanese Prime Minister says he has NO PLANS to visit Pearl Harbor to reciprocate what Obama is doing in Hiroshima.

And then this:

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe emerged from the bilateral meeting with Obama, announcing that he raised a formal protest over the death he says shocked not only Okinawa, but the people of the entire Japan.

“I firmly launched a protest as the Japanese prime minister in regards to the most recent case in Okinawa,” Abe said right off the top of his statement. “The entire time for the small group discussion was spent on the specific case in Okinawa, and I feel profound resentment for this self-centered and despicable crime.”

The public airing of grievances sets a tense tone for the rest of the trip that culminates in an historic “non-apology” presidential visit to Hiroshima on Friday.

Abe said the entire time for the leaders’ discussion was spent on the murder case and urged Obama to “take effective and thorough means” to prevent a re-occurrence.

Read more: BREAKING: Japanese Prime MInister LECTURES Obama, says he?s not going to Pearl Harbor » The Right Scoop -

So, the Jap insults the U.S. by not visiting PH, and lectures Hussein about some low-grade murder, knowing bloody well that Hussein is not responsible for what already happened, and is powerless to prevent a re-occurrence.

Instead of getting up and telling the Jap to ef off, our man-boy sat there nodding.

As his wife has so brilliantly observed, I was once proud of America. But this was not that time.

Back
Top Bottom