• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find

What's the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine? With Porcupines, the pricks are on the outside.

This reminds me of Jack Nickolson getting out of his porshe at a stop light and beating the windshield of the car in front of him with a golf club for cutting him off in traffic. lol The other car was a Mercedez Benz.

I think road rage is universal no matter what car one drives. In my state the worst culprits are people who drive big pick up trucks with big wheels. They tailgate and cut people off and act like they rule the road.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people who sit around all day dreaming up useless studies are jerks?

I wonder how many people who sit around all day dreaming up useless studies are jerks?

I think people naturally look for patterend behaviour.

I think there's a pattern developing of useless studies being produced and foisted on the public.

Yeah, that too. There's no shortage of useless studies thats for sure.

I wonder if those who dream up studies on BMW drivers are into class warfare and putt around in Nissan Versas or Chevy Sparks.

well bmw drivers are mostly douchebags,but so are porsche,subaru wrx and sti,corvette and mustang drivers,and any asshole who buys a truck and lifts it but never once touches mud.

those cars dont make people douchebags,its just that those cars attract douchebags,with exception the wrx also attracts lesbians as wel as douchebag hipsters,never understood why.

It's amazing how some of you think you can tell so much about a person by the type of car they drive. However, if someone is driving around in a luxury car it most likely means they are financially successful in life and drive one because they can. To some of you that is all it takes for you to classify them as a pr*ck . I am of the mindset that those who work damn hard for such success to earn the privilege of driving a luxury car like most BMW's ranging from $50,000 to $70,000+ don't tend to be reckless with their vehicles. At least you won't find a driver of a BMW talking or texting on their smart phone while trying to drive because the technology that comes with these vehicles allows the driver to keep both hands on the wheel. BMW offers some of the best conditions in which to use a diverse range of mobile devices, a hands-free system, allowing one to operate a number of media types and still be safe. And we all know many accidents occurring today are due to the yahoos talking/texting on their phones while trying to drive. You also won't find BMW's in the top 20 makes of cars reported by insurance companies involved in accidents.

They spend money to tell us the obvious?

well bmw drivers are mostly douchebags,but so are porsche,subaru wrx and sti,corvette and mustang drivers,and any asshole who buys a truck and lifts it but never once touches mud.

That's why I own a Trans Am.

They spend money to tell us the obvious?

No. If financially you can afford better whether it be a car, a home, a choice of beef for dinner, isn't it natural to choose an upgrade?

No. If financially you can afford better whether it be a car, a home, a choice of beef for dinner, isn't it natural to choose an upgrade?

Yes, but there are several cars of a given price catagory. I personally don't see why anyone would want A 3 series BMW, but that's me. I would only be interested in a 6 series, but then, it wouldn't be my first choice.

People tend to gravitate towards one make, model, etc. based on several factors. Not limited to cars either. It's just part of life. It is a reflection of the culture we all live in.

I don't think the issue is the car, it's the idiot driving it. I've witnessed many a driver, both Beemers, or 85 Chevy trucks who believe that stop signs are not meant for them, but for everyone else. Worse when they run the sign (or red light) and you can see they are far more attentive to the cell phone smashed against their face.

Yes, but there are several cars of a given price catagory. I personally don't see why anyone would want A 3 series BMW, but that's me. I would only be interested in a 6 series, but then, it wouldn't be my first choice.

People tend to gravitate towards one make, model, etc. based on several factors. Not limited to cars either. It's just part of life. It is a reflection of the culture we all live in.

I don't drive a BMW, I own a Subaru Forrester because it suits my needs at the moment. But I know some good folks that do drive beamers and dang it nothing about them that warrants being painted like some in this forum have tried to. It has been my experience that there are a lot a**holes on the road in all makes of cars. I don't see where BMW drivers warrant taking the prize for being the worst because there are plenty to go around.

I don't drive a BMW, I own a Subaru Forrester because it suits my needs at the moment. But I know some good folks that do drive beamers and dang it nothing about them that warrants being painted like some in this forum have tried to. It has been my experience that there are a lot a**holes on the road in all makes of cars. I don't see where BMW drivers warrant taking the prize for being the worst because there are plenty to go around.

You really take this seriously.

I don't think the issue is the car, it's the idiot driving it. I've witnessed many a driver, both Beemers, or 85 Chevy trucks who believe that stop signs are not meant for them, but for everyone else. Worse when they run the sign (or red light) and you can see they are far more attentive to the cell phone smashed against their face.
I've witnessed Dodge Caravans and Honda Civics do the same thing. But we have a "study" <cough> here telling us the drivers of the BMW are the worst. Anyone driving a recent model of a BMW, don't have cell phones smashed against their faces because of the technology they are equipped with.

You really take this seriously.

Yep Radcen I do take it seriously because I am seeing more and more hit pieces against those who are successful in our society. Whether it be the car they drive, the house/neighborhood they can afford to live and all the other benefits of having money provides are under attack. You see today in our society there are some who demonize success. In their eyes you are greedy because you have more than they do. Don't matter if you paid more than your fair share in taxes. It don't matter that you spent 8 years of your life furthering your education after high school putting your life on hold in the process to obtain that success. Dang it if you are a financially successful to many you are greedy. I see this little article you posted as just another attempt through using a model of a car that many view as "luxury" as another attempt to demonize those who can afford such things.

I agree.

Thing is, I'll bet the study only showed a small number more of the jerks on the road drove BMW over other cars.

Facts make statistics, but statistics don't make facts.

Jerks do drive all types of vehicles. The bolder jerks I have seen drive 1) Escalades, 2) BMW's version of an SUV.

Now I didn't read the study, or link. My personal experience does agree with BMW drivers being among the rudest on the road.

Yep Radcen I do take it seriously because I am seeing more and more hit pieces against those who are successful in our society. Whether it be the car they drive, the house/neighborhood they can afford to live and all the other benefits of having money provides are under attack. You see today in our society there are some who demonize success. In their eyes you are greedy because you have more than they do. Don't matter if you paid more than your fair share in taxes. It don't matter that you spent 8 years of your life furthering your education after high school putting your life on hold in the process to obtain that success. Dang it if you are a financially successful to many you are greedy. I see this little article you posted as just another attempt through using a model of a car that many view as "luxury" as another attempt to demonize those who can afford such things.

Now I agree that many "hit pieces" are more often aimed at those better off.

Will you agree or disagree that wealthier people are often more arrogant and look down upon others, compared to average wage earners?

Will you agree or disagree that wealthier people are often more arrogant and look down upon others, compared to average wage earners?

Perhaps it is only percieved that those of higher economic status are more "snooty" as the same rudeness displayed by the more common man is attributed to some other cause like they were just having a bad day. One tends to stop searching when they find what they are looking for - e.g. confirmation bias. ;)

Arrogant? maybe some, there are arses in every economic class, but for the most part I think the self made success stories know what they went through to get there. It took a lot of hard work and they had a fire in their belly to succeed. I believe they view the average wage earners as being successful in par to what they were willing to personally put forth in effort including career choices and education.

Back
Top Bottom