• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

bluetooth headphones suck

BT headphones have about 10 disadvantages over wired headphones.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

is it all worth it? just to get rid of a wire?
Other than charging I haven’t had any problem. Working out in a gym with wired headsets I’ll hang myself on the cord a couple of times a week.

They are good ones, worth every hard earned penny. :)

Bluetooth technology cannot support lossless audio. This is just a fact of the technology.

Peace

I saw the wood shop remark as well, there and motorcycle riding are two pursuits that I want to hear what is going on. Many bikers roll down my street with the music blasting....not for me.
The table saw and shop vac (for dust collection) combined are 98db. You don’t have to worry about your headphones blocking that out.

Bluetooth technology cannot support lossless audio. This is just a fact of the technology.

Peace
If you're listening to bluetooth then transparent level music isn't your first priority.

The table saw and shop vac (for dust collection) combined are 98db. You don’t have to worry about your headphones blocking that out.
What do you have for a table saw?

Commercial or hobby?

What do you have for a table saw?

Commercial or hobby?
Nothing fancy. A Bosch contractor saw that I outfitted for my space. I'll never make professional cabinets with this thing but it serves my needs.

Last edited:
BT headphones for late night TV, and for the phone for CALLS.
I don't even really remember who makes my BT phone earphones, some no name mfr, but they work so who cares.

If I want to listen to music, it's not going to be on BT headphones, it's either going to be my ancient pair of still awesome
Sony MDR-7502's or through the speakers.

I have AirPods and Bose over the ear headphone. The sound quality for the AirPods is better than most in-ears I’ve used, wired or otherwise, but doesn’t hold a candle to the Bose.

Both pretty reliably pair with my phone and iPad. Have to manually connect every so often but that’s hardly a big deal.

I have AirPods and Bose over the ear headphone. The sound quality for the AirPods is better than most in-ears I’ve used, wired or otherwise, but doesn’t hold a candle to the Bose.

Both pretty reliably pair with my phone and iPad. Have to manually connect every so often but that’s hardly a big deal.

Bluetooth hearing aids are even better.

I have a set of TAZO T10s and they are good. Im impressed with what $60 can buy.

BT headphones have about 10 disadvantages over wired headphones.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

is it all worth it? just to get rid of a wire?

I'm embarrassed to admit it but more and more I find myself fighting an uphill fight with technology... The other day, I was trying to get my I-Phone--which has a great speaker--to pair with a wireless blue tooth speaker that is marginally better so I could listen to a podcast. The blue tooth speaker also has rubber buttons so while I'm cooking, I can turn it up and down without getting my phone greasy; that is why I am trying this. Anyway, after 2 or 3 false starts, I finally got it hooked up about 10 minutes later. The podcast I wanted to listen to lasted all of 13 minutes it turned out. I could have heard the whole thing in the time it took me to set up the speakers.

I'm not sure about sound quality being worse and all of that--but I do find the tech outsmarting me more and more as life goes on. I have 3 TV remotes and am often unable to find what I'm looking for on TV.

I'm lame.

I splurged and bought a pair of AirPod Pros about a year ago. I've had no regrets whatsoever. My ears are very small, and I've not done well with Apple headphones, but these are a different shape, and fit my ears perfectly, and the sound quality is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom