• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

bluetooth headphones suck

Bluetooth 5.0 functionality quadruples the wireless transmission range, boosts the broadcast messaging ability by 800% and doubles the data speed capacity.

But you really need to start at $350 to get one that accomplishes this as advertised.

who cares about its specs

i want flac quality transmission by default otherwise its crap

that means the headphones put out flac quality straight out of the box without any need for settings

who cares about its specs

anyone who wants good quality
That is just the name of a file type. What is coded within determines the quality. How it transmits effects this. How it is decoded also eefects this as does the quality of the physical equipment used.

I can code an MP3 to Flac. What good will that do you? It will not return all the information lost when it was first encoded on MP3.

BT headphones have about 10 disadvantages over wired headphones.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

is it all worth it? just to get rid of a wire?
Much better when mowing the lawn. I used to rip the wire out 2 or 3 times a session. Mine last a long time between charging and they are the same weight and size as my wired pair. The first pair I bought was garbage but the ones I use now are really good.

Much better when mowing the lawn. I used to rip the wire out 2 or 3 times a session. Mine last a long time between charging and they are the same weight and size as my wired pair. The first pair I bought was garbage but the ones I use now are really good.

ur wire is too long

make shorter

anyone who wants good quality
That is just the name of a file type. What is coded within determines the quality. How it transmits effects this. How it is decoded also eefects this as does the quality of the physical equipment used.

I can code an MP3 to Flac. What good will that do you? It will not return all the information lost when it was first encoded on MP3.

blah blah

if it cant do default flac quality out of the box then its crap

fix that then ill think about buying one

blah blah

if it cant do default flac quality out of the box then its crap

fix that then ill think about buying one

LOL, you would benefit from some intellectual curiosity

peace brother

So much more convenient without the wire. The ones I use also can be used with the wire.

No doubt convenience is the selling pint because the quality is not equal yet.

Like how everyone used Mp3 when they first came out. Convenience pushed quality to the back of the line.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

Sounds like you need to buy some better BT headphones. I have some Insignia ones I bought a while back for like $50 and they've been fine for me.

Sounds like you need to buy some better BT headphones. I have some Insignia ones I bought a while back for like $50 and they've been fine for me.

its not about being fine or not fine

its about BT headphones having 1 advantage and 10 disadvantages relative to wired

At that price point I have no doubt that wired or unwired are indistinguishable.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Now this is funny. And I thought I stood alone in self debasement. lol

Good post. :)

BT headphones have 1 advantage. no wire

at the cost of 10 disadvantages

with a wire i get out of the box, no settings required, plug and play flac quality

so BT needs to provide that before im even going to look at it

and you should also admit that it needs to provide that. otherwise your just making excuses and perpetuating the problem

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

I wouldn't give up wireless headphones at this point. I use ear buds, not the over the ear variety, and love them. I used to go through about 4-5 sets of wired earphones a year because the constant movement, and sometimes getting them hung up on a knob, or my dogs, eventually causes the wires to break at the connection, and so I always had a spare on hand, and now have a box of earphones with only 1 ear working, etc.

The wireless are better in every way, except perhaps sound quality, and they're as good. The only downside is they're expensive, but for me over a lifetime of the wireless, still cheaper than wired. And I use the Apple ones because they fit my ears perfectly, and pairing in the later version is nearly immediate. My first pair (chewed up by a puppy) was slow to connect, but this set is fast and reliable.

wrong

wireless has 1 advantage only. no wire

and 10 disadvantages
LOL, not for me! My wireless ear buds don't break down, don't have pairing issues, and are very reliable, and over a year, DEFINITELY cheaper. And cutting the wire for them is as important for me as cutting the wire for my phones. It's great while exercising that I don't have to have the phone on my person. I can set it on a bench or wherever in the same room or general vicinity and don't have a heavy phone bouncing around, or covered in sweat. I'm also no audiophile, so the quality is plenty good for my use, which is mostly books on tape, podcasts and music while exercising, and there's no drop off from the wired earbuds that I notice.

But if you like your wired ones, you do you!

There's no doubt about it: bluetooth headphones have a short life span. But I've made the value call that being free of cords is more important to me in certain situations.

For exercise, painting, and especially working in my wood shop, cords are a liability. For phone conversations and just watching videos or listening to music in bed, the corded headphones are best.

As for connectivity, bluetooth is miles ahead of how they used to be ten years ago. Back then, relying on blue tooth devices actually connecting was like praying to gods to deliver rain.
Your table saw would just chop that wire like a knife through soft butter. :ROFLMAO:

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

you should purchase less crappy BT headphones. I have some airpods that work just fine.

Your table saw would just chop that wire like a knife through soft butter. :ROFLMAO:
A 28 gauge cord destroying my carbide tip blade really isn't my first concern. A cord interrupting or getting in the way of movement around a table saw is a big no-no because of the secondary dangers that can lead do. It's incredibly common if you're wearing corded headphones for the cord to catch on something. How often have your cords caught on kitchen drawer handles? If you're a normal person, the answer is "Pretty often." In a kitchen that qualifies as super annoying. In a shop that qualifies as potentially deadly.

It's why you also never wear loose clothing around dangerous machinery. Absolute worst case scenario (there's kind of a lot of those) is clothing or cords getting wrapped around the spindles. Likely? Probably not. But I'm a "reduce unlikely to never" kind of guy.

Accidents happen because experienced people stop respecting the risks their machinery pose.

Last edited:
I saw the wood shop remark as well, there and motorcycle riding are two pursuits that I want to hear what is going on. Many bikers roll down my street with the music blasting....not for me.

I had mine for a few years now, never had an issue, love the sound/noise cancellation. Love it love it love it.

I had mine for a few years now, never had an issue, love the sound/noise cancellation. Love it love it love it.

Imagine how much you'd love them if they were good headphones?

It's like anything else, we don't miss what we don't know exists. ;)

Back
Top Bottom