• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

bluetooth headphones suck

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
BT headphones have about 10 disadvantages over wired headphones.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

is it all worth it? just to get rid of a wire?

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

Well, I don't have any of those issues you mention...except having to recharge mine. But yeah...I hate being tied down by a wire.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

This has not been my experience. I have several pair of either over-ear or Bluetooth earbuds. My favorite pair is a Wyse over-ear headset that has either tranparancy or voice-canceling mode. I wear it on my walks when it's not raining. If you'd like to pay $300 more, you can get the same quality sound from Bose or Beats.

Well, I don't have any of those issues you mention...except having to recharge mine. But yeah...I hate being tied down by a wire.

of course you have all those issues

they are all intrinsic to all BT headphones

Mine are ok. I'm charging them now due to this thread. Does pairing with my phone in my shirt pocket differ from plugging my headphones into my phone in my shirt pocket?

I need a grant and 6 months before I can factually answer that question.

There's no doubt about it: bluetooth headphones have a short life span. But I've made the value call that being free of cords is more important to me in certain situations.

For exercise, painting, and especially working in my wood shop, cords are a liability. For phone conversations and just watching videos or listening to music in bed, the corded headphones are best.

As for connectivity, bluetooth is miles ahead of how they used to be ten years ago. Back then, relying on blue tooth devices actually connecting was like praying to gods to deliver rain.

My best friend has a Bluetooth earpiece for his cell phone that sucks balls for clear sound, dropped calls, and connectivity (interference and static).
It could also be the age and quality of his earpiece.

I also found that my Bluetooth receiver on my PC connects to neighbor's devices if I don't switch it off. It's a PITA.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

I spent a bunch of money trying to find BT headphones which were good and "cheap".

Never found 'em.

I saved a bunch of money by buying some "expensive" BT headphones.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

No wires.

Not limited to one a few feet from the device.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

Try a quality pair of ear buds...or if you have hearing loss, like myself, and the need for hearing aids, try bluetooth hearing aids.

Good bluetooth earbuds...especially true wireless...are awesome.

For the sound quality, you may have to pay a bit more but I'll be totally honest...if you find the right ones, the knock off Airpod Pros have just as good of sound quality as the Apples. Less functionality, but I dont really care about that. Never been a real fan of the Apple ear pods. The PowerBeats on the other hand are awesome...better sound reproduction and base than the Bose. Bose to me is overhyped. Good deep sound, but not the best sound response or range IMO. Bose to me always sounds like you are listening to a high quality recording of a high quality recording...but not the real sound. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 are the best I have bought in a true wireless. Wired Bluetooth...I havent found anything to beat the Shure's.

I pay a lot for great sound. But you can get really good sound for a lot less. Some of the Skullcandy buds are great for a very affordable earbud...especially if you tend to lose them. The Samsung Galaxy's are great and you should be able to get them for 80-100 bucks new.

The freedom from connecting wires? Its worth it to me.

Try a quality pair of ear buds...or if you have hearing loss, like myself, and the need for hearing aids, try bluetooth hearing aids.

i can never go back to ear buds after listening to over ear headphones

soundstage is too small

i can never go back to ear buds after listening to over ear headphones

soundstage is too small

Then go with a quality set of bluetooth headphones.

wireless has many disadvantages

I have yet to experience any disadvantage. It's all been positive for me. But then I have hearing loss and don't care to turn the volume way up or or be tethered to a cord. Wireless is terrific.

Each have their pros and cons obviously. Around the house and doing errands, one Bluetooth earbud in. Watching tv or movies, just use speakers. Gaming I use a wired headset. I think I would love a wireless one too, but it's not worth losing the cord when stationary for what I'd have to spend to get comparable audio quality.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

I love my AirPods Pro, they are comfortable, sound great, have an excellent mic, have good noise cancelling, always pair to whatever Apple device I am using, have really good range, and stay in my ears when I am running or lifting weights.

more expensive
more stuff to break down
heavier
bigger
have to charge them
wont work forever
pairing issues
worse sound quality
interference
etc.. etc...

If you’re asking these questions, they are probably not for you.

Now embrace the wire and get yourself some good cans and maybe a portable amp.

I have yet to experience any disadvantage.

wired headphones are: cheaper, last longer, have better sound, are lighter, are smaller, break down less, dont have to be charged, dont have to be synced, have no interference, are easier to fix.

there is 10 big disadvantages you have with BT headphones

wired headphones are: cheaper, last longer, have better sound, are lighter, are smaller, break down less, dont have to be charged, dont have to be synced, have no interference, are easier to fix.

For $4 from wish.com, I bought earbuds with the same sound quality as my $20 Sony wired earbuds. The wired ones usually die in one ear or the other or both in 6 months. I've only ever lost them, they've never stopped working in 3+ years of using Bluetooth earbuds. Sync once, you don't need to do it every time. I have mine synced to both my phones so I can hear notifications from both and play media from either one. Another pair is synced to my PC for sleep. Much easier sleeping without the cord.

Also, Scandroid ftw.

this is the big reason to not use them

blue tooth compresses the files which of course means a lowered quality

this should have been solved with bt5

bt5 on both ends should give flac quality by default

but some how they seemed to have fukt that up. why do we still not have that? i guess we have to wait for bt6 on both ends

this should have been solved with bt5

bt5 on both ends should give flac quality by default

but some how they seemed to have fukt that up. why do we still not have that? i guess we have to wait for bt6 on both ends
Bluetooth 5.0 functionality quadruples the wireless transmission range, boosts the broadcast messaging ability by 800% and doubles the data speed capacity.

But you really need to start at $350 to get one that accomplishes this as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom