• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue Wave? Not Quite

Oh wow what an expert. Some guy with less than 1500 views who is a ct prepper nut. Did you know AZ just lost the seat to the Democrats? Or was this guy not keeping up?

Less than 1500 views? This guy has over 97K subscribers and is much much smarter than any of the liberals.

Judging by the props this guy has in the background, someone should have hugged him as a child.

Oh wow what an expert. Some guy with less than 1500 views who is a ct prepper nut. Did you know AZ just lost the seat to the Democrats? Or was this guy not keeping up?

Well, even here at DP polling the majority of those polled indicates that this wasn't a "blue wave". Certainly not the likes of which so many Democrats try to portray it as either before or after the election.

Link

Many of the ones that did say it was a blue wave are those that are hard core Trump haters or liberals/progressives.

Well, even here at DP polling the majority of those polled indicates that this wasn't a "blue wave". Certainly not the likes of which so many Democrats try to portray it as either before or after the election.

Link

Many of the ones that did say it was a blue wave are those that are hard core Trump haters or liberals/progressives.

Major gains in the house. Gains in the governors. Gains in state legislators. More people voted democrat. To suggest there was no "wave" is pure spin. You could say it was not a large wave(which is kinda subjective), but it certainly was a wave.

Major gains in the house. Gains in the governors. Gains in state legislators. More people voted democrat. To suggest there was no "wave" is pure spin. You could say it was not a large wave(which is kinda subjective), but it certainly was a wave.

It wasn't a wave. It was actually quite normal when one party controls both the Legislative Branch and the Presidency. So normal in fact that I'm willing to bet right now that Democrats will gain again in the next election. It's how it ALWAYS goes.

There wasn't exactly a blue wave in this last election, more like a blue splash as this fellow explains in his video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99knFOMTB2Y

Yeah, we kick their butt in the house, and they keep the senate by a thread, and now they are arguing about the correct shade of blue.

We (dems) now control the legislative agenda, resistance is futile.

Hah!

It wasn't a wave. It was actually quite normal when one party controls both the Legislative Branch and the Presidency. So normal in fact that I'm willing to bet right now that Democrats will gain again in the next election. It's how it ALWAYS goes.

It's a normal wave.

WTF are we quibbling for? Dems control the house, by quite a number of seats. That's not good news for Trump.

So let's see here...

Dems take House, likely for 38 seats, the most since the 1970s, take a bunch of governorships, they pass a bunch of left-leaning ballot initiatives, they lose fewer Senate seats than they had any right to based on the map, they win something like 90% of the tossups and somehow, magically, the developing narrative that "Golly, it wasn't a blue wave after all!". Hell, they even did it in the states that won 2016 for Trump: OH, WI, MI and PA.

"Some of the things that the most fervent Democratic partisans really really really wished for didn't happen" ≠ There was no wave for dems. It's all about perspective.

One of the least-appreciated aspects of Beto O'Rourke's overperformance/Cruz's underperformance in TX-SEN last night: the entire GOP bench of judges was wiped off the map wholesale in Dallas and Houston. The legal topography of the state just changed overnight.

Medicaid won election night, mostly in red states —3 states (ID, NE, UT) passed ballots to expand Medicaid —2 states (ME, KS) elected governors likely to expand, too Works out to about 500k people gaining coverage.

The dems also did very well at the state level: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...EM32z5a6rTa4bc

Remember, when republicans swept to victory in 1994 and 2010, the popular vote margin was 4-5%. With this election cycle for dems it was 9% despite the gerrymandering and the booming economy. THAT says a lot.

Remember as well that in 2010, the dems lost the house and kept the senate and Obama called it a 'shallacking'. This isn't any different.

This was pretty much a rebuke of Trump, his outright racism and hatred and a desire for accountability and investigations into his corruption.

But, as you've noticed, you'll find the usual deniers comfy in their little echo chambers of denial.

Perhaps they' prefer it to be called a 'blue caravan'?

You can spin and spin and spin, but that will not change what actually happened. I know, you are mad and want to pout and cry, but you will get past that...

You can spin and spin and spin, but that will not change what actually happened. I know, you are mad and want to pout and cry, but you will get past that...

Do you even see how ironic your post is considering what you just responded to? I literally said that I'm willing to bet that Democrats will gain again in the next election. And prior to this election I stated that Democrats would gain in this election also. Why would I "pout and cry" and be "mad" for a prediction that I made in which I was proven right?

You just displayed a perfect example of partisan hackery. Thank you.

It has served me pretty well so far. I think I will continue.

Yeah, we kick their butt in the house, and they keep the senate by a thread, and now they are arguing about the correct shade of blue.

So by the same measuring stick, we absolutely crushed you guys back when Obama was President by claiming over 60 seats.

We (dems) now control the legislative agenda, resistance is futile.

Hah!
First off, we still control the senate. So not only can we resist, we can absolutely gridlock anything you guys want to do. Second, you wont keep tge majority forever. Eventually we'll gain majority in the house.

Nobody's pouting. Right now I'm just concerned about the recount in my state as that will personally affect me.

So by the same measuring stick, we absolutely crushed you guys back when Obama was President by claiming over 60 seats.

First off, we still control the senate. So not only can we resist, we can absolutely gridlock anything you guys want to do. Second, you wont keep tge majority forever. Eventually we'll gain majority in the house.

It's the other way around you're the guys are doing stuff that we're going to stop. In other words the president's agenda is come to a halt unless it's something that's really good like a sensible infrastructure bill. I'd even bet that the president gets more stuff done with Democrats than Republicans (but the Republicans are not going to like it if the president's willing to compromise and he has been in the past, that is , until the Republicans stepped in and talk him out of it)

You're not going to regain the house we're going to take back the presidency and the senate in 2020

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom