• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue Ridge hotel defies Park Service shutdown

:confused:Run? Hide? Do you take me for a lib, do you? That is just plain insulting then. :lamo

Well, lets just see here…
if the property owner tells you to close the property, close the property
then recover what you would have earned thru the courts
winning a contract dispute with the federal government is always an enriching proposition
no. the landlord could tell the tenant to vacate
and the tenant would have to vacate
and then seek compensation via the courts
you are correct. unless the contract indicates otherwise, the tenant is entitled to quiet enjoyment of the property
and barring any contract language to the contrary, the tenant's decision to remain open is his to make
but being able to do something does not make it smart to do something
which is something i do not expect you to understand
please point out any posts in which what i presented is at odds with the more current post
accept the challenge
dont run and hide from it
First postion: DO AS THE PROPERTY OWNER INSTUCTS, CLOSE THE PROPERTY.

Second position:TENANT MUST DO AS OWNER INSTUCTS, EVACUATE IF TOLD TO DO SO.

Third position: OH YEAH, TENANT DOES HAVE THE RIGHT OF QUIET ENJOYMENT OF THE PROPERTY AND SAID TENANT CAN IGNORE INSTRUCTIONS TO EVACUATE THE PREMISE.

:yt

That help you out your understanding/memory of events any?

I mean, after getting spanked on the other thread about the Hannity-Pascrell subsidies wager/ non wager, perhaps you should just leave well enough alone…

One could be a little more sympathetic in the case of the other thread where one may not be able to closely follow what two other people on video are saying, perhaps cannot understand the larger concepts of Congress, the OPM and Obama with Obamacare added to the nuance of an amendment added by a Republican to make Congress subject to its own laws...and then the mad scramble to make compensation to congress and staff where many of the rest of us do not get similarly compensated…

But surely one should be able to understand what oneself wrote…

Oh and, 0 for 2 is not a particularly good average, yanno?

Without having read the contract how can any of us here determine whether this is or isn't breach of contract? Did the Blue Ridge hotel post their contract publicly somewhere?

Are you being comical, or is it your de facto position to worship at the Big Tent?

:confused:Run? Hide? Do you take me for a lib, do you? That is just plain insulting then. :lamo

Well, lets just see here…

First postion: DO AS THE PROPERTY OWNER INSTUCTS, CLOSE THE PROPERTY.

Second position:TENANT MUST DO AS OWNER INSTUCTS, EVACUATE IF TOLD TO DO SO.

Third position: OH YEAH, TENANT DOES HAVE THE RIGHT OF QUIET ENJOYMENT OF THE PROPERTY AND SAID TENANT CAN IGNORE INSTRUCTIONS TO EVACUATE THE PREMISE.

:yt

That help you out your understanding/memory of events any?

I mean, after getting spanked on the other thread about the Hannity-Pascrell subsidies wager/ non wager, perhaps you should just leave well enough alone…

One could be a little more sympathetic in the case of the other thread where one may not be able to closely follow what two other people on video are saying, perhaps cannot understand the larger concepts of Congress, the OPM and Obama with Obamacare added to the nuance of an amendment added by a Republican to make Congress subject to its own laws...and then the mad scramble to make compensation to congress and staff where many of the rest of us do not get similarly compensated…

But surely one should be able to understand what oneself wrote…

Oh and, 0 for 2 is not a particularly good average, yanno?

no where did i say the tenant could not remain open (assuming the contract with the park service does not indicate otherwise)
i was pointing out that the tenant was sacrificing substantial income, in the form of a unilateral contract modification, which always moves to the benefit of the contractor in federal procurement matters
so, while the tenant could ignore the termination of operations order, it was not smart to do so
but then i would not expect you to be able to appreciate that non-nuanced distinction

and hannity did get it wrong like you VERY wrong. there is no Obamacare provision allocating subsidies to congress and its staff

This is getting disgusting...intimidating private business owners to close because Obama, and Reid throw a temper tantrum? I say we the people start to get pissed off at this tin horn.
How's all that hope & change working out for ya?

http://www.citizen-times.com/articl...Pisgah-Inn-reopens-defies-government-shutdown

the fellow is a fool
he should read his lease agreement
and if there is no provision for such closure (i would bet there is) he could sue for the feds violating the terms of the contract causing him loss of income and profits. he would then be able to make out like a bandit
suspect he is a teabagger, wanting to impose his personal views in the media

Rosa Parks shoulda just hired a lawyer, too.

Rosa Parks shoulda just hired a lawyer, too.

please explain for us why you believe that is a valid comparison of circumstances

How's all that hope & change working out for ya?

I rather like the 45 straight months of private sector job growth, especially into the GOP headwind of their current hurricane, Cruz. How are you Jerry? Wife's driving on eminent domain, Interstate-55, as we head for Bloomington for the day. I like IKE.

please explain for us why you believe that is a valid comparison of circumstances

Isn't peaceful protest a hallmark of the Left? That's all this guy is doing.

Funny people blame Obama for this considering how the shutdown is the republicans fault.

I rather like the 45 straight months of private sector job growth, especially into the GOP headwind of their current hurricane, Cruz. How are you Jerry? Wife's driving on eminent domain, Interstate-55, as we head for Bloomington for the day. I like IKE.

All those part time, minimum wage jobs are real money makers, huh?

Funny people blame Obama for this considering how the shutdown is the republicans fault.

It is not the Republicans who are trying to force this destructive ObamaCare scam on the American people. The blame for this mess falls solidly on the Democrats.

The people don't want Obamacare and the Democrats shutdown the government to protect it. Don't count your chuckens before they hatch.

It is not the Republicans who are trying to force this destructive ObamaCare scam on the American people. The blame for this mess falls solidly on the Democrats.

Obamacare is law, period. It's the republicans who were willing, and succeeded, in shutting down the entire government because they couldn't get their way through normal governance.

While I agree that closing this mom-and-pop business that uses no federal employees and receives no federal funding is a bad move, I also think it's disingenuous to blame the President for it.

Process, ladies and gentleman...

The Park Services department, like all other departments of government, operate as their own entity. Could the President intervene? Sure, but then he'd be doing exactly as so many people say he shouldn't - sticking his nose in issue where he doesn't belong.

Nonetheless, I agree with those who say that the Park Service is wrong here. Had they closed Blue Ridge Parkway this would be a different story. But they didn't. Moreover, since the Inn doesn't have federal employees on its staff nor use federal funds to operate, they should be left alone.

With all that job growth there's no need for the ACA. Just go buy a policy. No problem.

no where did i say the tenant could not remain open (assuming the contract with the park service does not indicate otherwise)
i was pointing out that the tenant was sacrificing substantial income, in the form of a unilateral contract modification, which always moves to the benefit of the contractor in federal procurement matters
so, while the tenant could ignore the termination of operations order, it was not smart to do so
but then i would not expect you to be able to appreciate that non-nuanced distinction

and hannity did get it wrong like you VERY wrong. there is no Obamacare provision allocating subsidies to congress and its staff

Sorry dude, you did say this:

no. the landlord could tell the tenant to vacate
and the tenant would have to vacate...

notice those words..." would have to vacate "....know what that means? Means mandatory, required, means just what you said, they HAVE TO. No amount of weasel words after the fact are going to help...

So squirm as much as you want, not wriggling off that hook that you skewered yourself with...we all make mistakes, best just admit it and move on, but to keep saying you didn't when you obviously did...well, just looks small...

While I agree that closing this mom-and-pop business that uses no federal employees and receives no federal funding is a bad move, I also think it's disingenuous to blame the President for it.

Process, ladies and gentleman...

The Park Services department, like all other departments of government, operate as their own entity. Could the President intervene? Sure, but then he'd be doing exactly as so many people say he shouldn't - sticking his nose in issue where he doesn't belong.

Nonetheless, I agree with those who say that the Park Service is wrong here. Had they closed Blue Ridge Parkway this would be a different story. But they didn't. Moreover, since the Inn doesn't have federal employees on its staff nor use federal funds to operate, they should be left alone.

Of course Obama doesn't get any blame!!

Are you saying the polls favor Obamacare?

Yeah, I've seen them but the polls concerning the healthcare law isn't the issue here. We already know that at least half the country (mostly Republicans) don't like the law (except when you phrase the questions in ways that don't make "Obamacare" so obvious, then they love it...fancy that. :shock: :lamo )

The issue is who is really to blame for the government shutdown currently underway. And those polls say REPUBLICANS!

CBS poll (10/03/2013) - 44% blame GOP

Note: The CBS poll is the most recent poll most media outlets are using.

Of course Obama doesn't get any blame!!

And why should he? Each department can and often does work independent of the White House. That's why the Senate goes through this long, laboring process to confirms Presidential nominations to appoint certain department heads.

Process, ladies and gentlemen.

And why should he? Each department can and often does work independent of the White House. That's why the Senate goes through this long, laboring process to confirms Presidential nominations to appoint certain department heads.

Process, ladies and gentlemen.

Of course he shouldn't. He!s just the president. Since when is the president held responsible? Since Obama was elected...that's when.

Yeah, I've seen them but the polls concerning the healthcare law isn't the issue here. We already know that at least half the country (mostly Republicans) don't like the law (except when you phrase the questions in ways that don't make "Obamacare" so obvious, then they love it...fancy that. :shock: :lamo )

The issue is who is really to blame for the government shutdown currently underway. And those polls say REPUBLICANS!

CBS poll (10/03/2013) - 44% blame GOP

Note: The CBS poll is the most recent poll most media outlets are using.

A CBS poll? There's a winner!...lol

Back
Top Bottom