• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue lives matter?

My point being that the "blue line" is specifically something that divides us and is meant to be prejudicial. It is a line between us, and our civil servants who are supposed to serve us.

There is a very difficult line between serving the majority by enforcing our laws. It would be a very simple job if the bad guys would cooperate with the police. I know too many people who have to complicate everything and create chaos and mayhem when there is no need. The police deal with these people all day long. They are the same ones who break the laws causing interaction between the police and themselves. After so many years of this nonsense eventually you have the situation that turns bad unfortunately.

When I took police survival training I was shocked how even in a mock situation where nobodies life was in any danger how easily you could get it wrong every time. Nobody made the right decision under certain situations. Of course a panel of experts spending weeks looking into a decision you had a second to make can eventually come up with the right answer and you go to jail. After taking that course I decided I would not spend the rest of my life trying to serve the people who would put me in prison for a mistake I may make one day.

There is a very difficult line between serving the majority by enforcing our laws. It would be a very simple job if the bad guys would cooperate with the police. I know too many people who have to complicate everything and create chaos and mayhem when there is no need. The police deal with these people all day long. They are the same ones who break the laws causing interaction between the police and themselves. After so many years of this nonsense eventually you have the situation that turns bad unfortunately.

When I took police survival training I was shocked how even in a mock situation where nobodies life was in any danger how easily you could get it wrong every time. Nobody made the right decision under certain situations. Of course a panel of experts spending weeks looking into a decision you had a second to make can eventually come up with the right answer and you go to jail. After taking that course I decided I would not spend the rest of my life trying to serve the people who would put me in prison for a mistake I may make one day.

Police "cooperation" seems to entail giving up your rights, nowadays. Sorry, but I refuse. And I've never been in trouble with the law.

I understand that they want to easily do their jobs. But they are LAW enforcement. If they can't do their job while upholding the law, then there is no point in what they're doing.

Here is an example... The chief even admitted that he was well within his rights not to ID or to cooperate...but then went on to claim that he was arrested because he didn't cooperate...

Police are law enforcement. Not ego enforcement. Not suspicion enforcement...but LAW enforcement.

'Insensitive'! And you think the dear sweet kind gentle BLM barbarians are 'sensitive'!

No, they all have to be barbarians because some of them displease you by their actions, right? All cops are not bad because of the one who killed George Floyd. There are, as the man said, good people on both sides.

Can we face and deal with our problems like grown ups? Cops are not pigs, Mexican migrants are not rapists, immigrants are not poisonous snakes, the media are not enemies of the people, women are not nasty, republicans are not fascists and democrats are not communists. The responsibility for the tone of the current debate starts at the top, but people on all sides have taken their cue from Trump: demonize the opposition.

St. Louis police officer dies after being shot while responding to a shooting - CNN

A "blue" life matters? I thought only "Black" lives matter. We need clear direction from the Ministry as to which lives matter, and which lives don't.

So confusing!

It's not confusing at all. Only Black lives matter but black lives only matter if it is white police killing them. Black lives don't matter if it is blacks killing blacks. And, they have made it quite clear, blue lives don't matter and white lives don't matter, only black lives matter, except when it is blacks killing blacks, unless it is a black cop killing a black then black lives matter in that case because black cops are uncle Toms. Glad I could clear up your confusion.

Police "cooperation" seems to entail giving up your rights, nowadays. Sorry, but I refuse. And I've never been in trouble with the law.

I understand that they want to easily do their jobs. But they are LAW enforcement. If they can't do their job while upholding the law, then there is no point in what they're doing.

Here is an example... The chief even admitted that he was well within his rights not to ID or to cooperate...but then went on to claim that he was arrested because he didn't cooperate...

Police are law enforcement. Not ego enforcement. Not suspicion enforcement...but LAW enforcement.

Oh there are bad cops out there. It is the unions that protect them. I was an MP for 3 years and never had a single complaint filed against me. I was very fortunate to have a black sergeant with 35 years of service as my squad leader. He rode with all new cops until he decided you were ready to be put with someone else. On midnight shift he was the greatest story teller I ever new. What was really great about his stories were they were true. I still think about him 40 years later.

However to lump him and all the good cops out there into a category of the few bad cops is prejudice and wrong.

Oh there are bad cops out there. It is the unions that protect them. I was an MP for 3 years and never had a single complaint filed against me. I was very fortunate to have a black sergeant with 35 years of service as my squad leader. He rode with all new cops until he decided you were ready to be put with someone else. On midnight shift he was the greatest story teller I ever new. What was really great about his stories were they were true. I still think about him 40 years later.

However to lump him and all the good cops out there into a category of the few bad cops is prejudice and wrong.

First, no lumping was done. I never said that all cops are bad. I said that I'm not willing to be compliant if it means giving up my rights.
Second, you and I probably have a different definition of a "good cop" vs. a "bad cop". IMO, you can't be a good cop if you don't speak out against bad cops. And we almost never see good cops speaking out against bad cops... That blue line is thick.
Third, you would think that the good cops would be outraged and screaming the loudest about bad cops who use excessive force and racist tactics. Here is what I see...

Look at all those smiling, clapping officers who fully approve of Trump's saying, "don't be too nice". Don't worry about injuring people who are in cuffs...

I'm sure there are good cops out there...but there are way more than just a "few bad apples". It looks like for the most part, the bunch has been spoiled.

First, no lumping was done. I never said that all cops are bad. I said that I'm not willing to be compliant if it means giving up my rights.
Second, you and I probably have a different definition of a "good cop" vs. a "bad cop". IMO, you can't be a good cop if you don't speak out against bad cops. And we almost never see good cops speaking out against bad cops... That blue line is thick.
Third, you would think that the good cops would be outraged and screaming the loudest about bad cops who use excessive force and racist tactics. Here is what I see...

Look at all those smiling, clapping officers who fully approve of Trump's saying, "don't be too nice". Don't worry about injuring people who are in cuffs...

I'm sure there are good cops out there...but there are way more than just a "few bad apples". It looks like for the most part, the bunch has been spoiled.

You don't hear cops shouting out because they report the incident to their supervisors. The supervisor at first tries to do the right thing but run into the police unions and political leaders who oversee the police. If you want to weed out the bad apples you need to hold the mayor and the police chief accountable. Not the President or the individual cops out there who have nothing to do with what is happening or more important what is being done.

You don't hear cops shouting out because they report the incident to their supervisors. The supervisor at first tries to do the right thing but run into the police unions and political leaders who oversee the police. If you want to weed out the bad apples you need to hold the mayor and the police chief accountable.

Yeah, I don't believe that. Sorry. You're going to need to back that one up.

Not the President or the individual cops out there who have nothing to do with what is happening or more important what is being done.

The president, when he says to cops, "don't be too nice" to a handcuffed subject, needs to be held accountable.
Individual cops, when they **** up, need to be held accountable. They also need to be held accountable when they see someone else **** up, and don't say anything.

Accountability needs to be at every level.

You don't hear cops shouting out because they report the incident to their supervisors. The supervisor at first tries to do the right thing but run into the police unions and political leaders who oversee the police. If you want to weed out the bad apples you need to hold the mayor and the police chief accountable. Not the President or the individual cops out there who have nothing to do with what is happening or more important what is being done.

You have just explained the problem with the police policing the police.

It starts in the precinct and the gets worse the further you go up the food chain. No desk sergeant wants to be the guy who gives a cop a rip for excessive force. No partner wants to turn in his partner for going overboard with a suspect. From there, when a problem becomes big enough there is no way to ignore it, then you get prosecutors who rely on the testimony of cops to close cases that find themselves in a position to have to either risk cases or simply turn a blind eye to things officers do in order to garner the testimony they so need.

Beyond that, when you start talking about police brass and the city they work with, you start getting into the financial risk of admitting that someone who works for them unnecessarily bringing harm to a member of the populace.

In the end, the police union needs to be crippled in some sense so as to not be able to run interference for the bad cops and make it easier for good cops to do the right thing when they run into terrible coworkers.

Yeah, I don't believe that. Sorry. You're going to need to back that one up.

The president, when he says to cops, "don't be too nice" to a handcuffed subject, needs to be held accountable.
Individual cops, when they **** up, need to be held accountable. They also need to be held accountable when they see someone else **** up, and don't say anything.

Accountability needs to be at every level.

It is quite obvious you never been a cop or even got to know one. I have been a cop. I have a lot of good friends that are cops and I know for a fact you are way wrong.

You have just explained the problem with the police policing the police.

It starts in the precinct and the gets worse the further you go up the food chain. No desk sergeant wants to be the guy who gives a cop a rip for excessive force. No partner wants to turn in his partner for going overboard with a suspect. From there, when a problem becomes big enough there is no way to ignore it, then you get prosecutors who rely on the testimony of cops to close cases that find themselves in a position to have to either risk cases or simply turn a blind eye to things officers do in order to garner the testimony they so need.

Beyond that, when you start talking about police brass and the city they work with, you start getting into the financial risk of admitting that someone who works for them unnecessarily bringing harm to a member of the populace.

In the end, the police union needs to be crippled in some sense so as to not be able to run interference for the bad cops and make it easier for good cops to do the right thing when they run into terrible coworkers.

You are wrong on most accounts. The problem usually is from the political top where friends and family are given positions of power and are running things when they have no qualifications to run them.

You are wrong on most accounts. The problem usually is from the political top where friends and family are given positions of power and are running things when they have no qualifications to run them.

Seriously? THATS your take on this?

No issues with union accountability, or lack thereof?

You do realize we are talking about the only union in the country that has protections for killing people, right?

Seriously? THATS your take on this?

No issues with union accountability, or lack thereof?

You do realize we are talking about the only union in the country that has protections for killing people, right?

I support the unions. They are the primary reason we have safe working conditions and better wages. Well, except where contractors use illegal aliens to circumvent and undermine everything we fought for. But the top union leaders along with the politicians have always been the problem and the source of corruption. They are the people who need to be dealt with not the hard working cop or workers. The President has nothing to do with the local leaders, the unions, and the corruption in our cities and towns. That is until we have utter chaos and violence that is not being dealt with by our pathetic local leaders. Unfortunately all through history it has been the president that has had to step in and restore order. Trump has already told these pathetic local leaders to get this under control. Now he needs to step in and bring these criminals masquerading as protesters under control.

Back
Top Bottom