• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blue Jackets assistant coach fired for refusing vaccination.

The Hairy Fiddler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

It's not just president Biden who is sick of this anti vax nonsense. This guy just threw away one cushy job., **** him.

The WSU coach here is really pissed, he originally said he wouldnt due to personal reasons, but then the college said employees (and students) couldnt use that reason. So in interviews, he said he would but barely spoke. He's the highest paid state employee apparently...screw him...he can take break and be self-employed....be a landscaper or something...until covid's over. He was setting a shitty example for players and students.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

...didn't matter to their brown-shirted moronic boss.

A very close friend of some 40+ years just lost their job for refusing to get vaccinated.

They have a compromised immune system that won't tolerate the vaccine. They have a letter from their doctor stating the same.

I call BS. There are supposed to medical exemptions.

I guess you dont have any way to confirm it tho.

If your friend has a compromised immune system, then he should be the first in line to get the vaccine. Sounds to me your friend is an idiot.

It's not just president Biden who is sick of this anti vax nonsense. This guy just threw away one cushy job., **** him.
I am beginning to wonder if the anti-vaxx are going to go through a time of self imposed economic hardship, as a group.

If so, those who are not conspiracy theorists might be getting more of the cushy jobs.

Your friend has the makings of a pretty lucrative lawsuit if this is the case. I wish them luck.

Your friend has the makings of a pretty lucrative lawsuit if this is the case. I wish them luck.
Perhaps. Lawsuits can be very expensive though.

Perhaps. Lawsuits can be very expensive though.
For something like this, he can get in touch with one of the anti-vaxx organizations to help him out.

I am not buying that one. I think your friend is not telling you the whole truth on that one. There is no way anyone would fire anyone for not getting vaccinated if they had a valid medical reason for not being vaccinated, and had a doctor back it up. They are precisely the ones that herd immunity protects. Sorry just not buying that at all.

Good.
If your job states that you need to get vaccinated, do it.
Its like your job requires to wear a respirator because of toxic fumes and you refuse.

I am not buying that one. I think your friend is not telling you the whole truth on that one. There is no way anyone would fire anyone for not getting vaccinated if they had a valid medical reason for not being vaccinated, and had a doctor back it up. They are precisely the ones that herd immunity protects. Sorry just not buying that at all.
Well, then I don't know what to tell you.

I call BS. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

A plaintiffs lawyer would take the case on a contingency basis. It would cost you nothing. Again, I think your friend is full of shit on this one.
I can't imagine that hardcore trump republicans and anti-vaxers would tell lies on the Internet.

If your friend has a compromised immune system, then he should be the first in line to get the vaccine. Sounds to me your friend is an idiot.
That is the advantage of the Mrna vaccines. Since it does not use a life or dead virus to kick in the immune response, you can't catch the disease from the vaccine. An immune compromised person should avoid vaccines made with dead or live viruses. But, with the Mrna vaccines, there is no virus to cause there.

That is the advantage of the Mrna vaccines. Since it does not use a life or dead virus to kick in the immune response, you can't catch the disease from the vaccine. An immune compromised person should avoid vaccines made with dead or live viruses. But, with the Mrna vaccines, there is no virus to cause there.
Maybe I should give you their doctor's # and you can discuss it with him?

Generally immune compromised people get vaccinated but it’s not as effective with them. The ones that often cannot be vaccinated are those with autoimmune disorders.

Is that not covered by the Americans with disabilities act?
Very rare that a person cannot take the vaccine
As we do not know who you are, who your very close friend is, could inform us as to what diagnosed medical condition that prevents their vaccination, and can they be vaccinated at a later date?

Dropping an anecdotal nugget without clear information is well, at the vest best anecdotal, at the worst????

I will explain to you why I think you are full of it.

You said your friend has a compromised immune system: so does my wife. She has MS (multiple sclerosis).

Her doctor and her doctors specializing in MS have all said the same thing: get the vaccine, it is safe to do so.

Here's the best part: you don't have to confirm anything about my wife having MS....you just need to look it up yourself about folks with MS being encouraged to get the shot. In fact, studies are suggesting that folks with such conditions should get TWO shots. The only thing barring such folks are being allergic to elements of the vaccine.

And here's the other thing...we live in a time when we can verify elements of your story to see if it is true; we came to the conclusion that you, or at least your friend, is lying because we can see if a person with a compromised immune system should get a shot or not. Your general claim can be verified or debunked....and it was debunked.

The stupid part of your post is making the assumption that everyone would just...take your word for it and not fact check. Of course, we are going to fact check!!

This was a stupid lie to tell!

Remember when it was in fashion to take a stand on an issue and risk loosing it all?

Attachments

• 6AFBFA00-5D0B-4673-832B-C6D03A63226F.jpeg
    6AFBFA00-5D0B-4673-832B-C6D03A63226F.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
I can't imagine that hardcore trump republicans and anti-vaxers would tell lies on the Internet.
This woman on twitter tried to claim she had several friends who were vaccinated and died or dying. Given how highly improbable such a scenario is, either she is highly unlucky to have as a friend during a pandemic or lying.

Back
Top Bottom