• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bloomburg admits gov. snow removal faillure

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
No, really? :shock: This is the sad truth about all government. Whenever there's a crunch, it can't be counted on. Look at any emergency, the oil spill last summer, Katrina in New Orleans, you name it. Do all you liberals really think big government is the answer? Who wants New Orleans' mayor Ray Nagen in charge if you're in a disaster? The only bright spot I can think of in recent history is Rudy Giuianni during the 9/11 attacks. You liberals are in for a real shock after Obama collapses the economy, which is what he has planned. You're all going to run to him for a solution and he's got one. It'll be to take away your remaining liberties and tie you up like a suckling pig. You need to get to know your neighbors because that's the only place you'll get any help, neighbor helping neighbor.

So whats the alternative?

Who do we hire to get the snow off the streets? Does the government hire private companies? Does each building need to cover the costs of their own blocks? Should streets pool their money together to hire private plows?

This storm apparently was pretty harsh, private or public facilities would have been overwhelmed.

Snow removal, and you go on a huge rant about Obama tanking the economy, 9/11 and Guilanni? Clearly you had no interest in discussing the actual topic, but rather using a half story to push your right wing talking points.

Snow storms are notoriously difficult to deal with, Europe shut down, and you guys got hit hard too. Blame mother nature, not government.

So whats the alternative?

Who do we hire to get the snow off the streets? Does the government hire private companies? Does each building need to cover the costs of their own blocks? Should streets pool their money together to hire private plows?

This storm apparently was pretty harsh, private or public facilities would have been overwhelmed.

Snow removal, and you go on a huge rant about Obama tanking the economy, 9/11 and Guilanni? Clearly you had no interest in discussing the actual topic, but rather using a half story to push your right wing talking points.

Snow storms are notoriously difficult to deal with, Europe shut down, and you guys got hit hard too. Blame mother nature, not government.

I won't touch the obama rant.... this snow storm was big, but not uncommon for NY/NJ..... The failure had nothing to do with the amount of snow. Jersey did fine.

I won't touch the obama rant.... this snow storm was big, but not uncommon for NY/NJ..... The failure had nothing to do with the amount of snow. Jersey did fine.

Well, if you'd like to offer alternatives to big government agents in their big government snow plows :2razz: then I'd like to hear it... honestly I would.

If anyone can come up with a neat alternative to the current systems used in Canada and America for snow removal, I promise I will present a comprehensive plan to the city council of Toronto for review.

Well, if you'd like to offer alternatives to big government agents in their big government snow plows :2razz: then I'd like to hear it... honestly I would.

If anyone can come up with a neat alternative to the current systems used in Canada and America for snow removal, I promise I will present a comprehensive plan to the city council of Toronto for review.

I'm fine the way it is actually.... I would support the right privitization route if proposed, but see no issue here.

NY's failure was an odd one. This wasn't thier first rodeo.

I'm fine the way it is actually.... I would support the right privitization route if proposed, but see no issue here.

NY's failure was an odd one. This wasn't thier first rodeo.

Alot of places apparently ****ed up. Visiting Nova Scotia ATM, they apparently screwed up when the snow started, were trying to cut costs and didn't grit the road or had snow plows ready, we got smashed and I know lots of people that day who never reached work, road side assistance was pretty damned busy.

Alot of places apparently ****ed up. Visiting Nova Scotia ATM, they apparently screwed up when the snow started, were trying to cut costs and didn't grit the road or had snow plows ready, we got smashed and I know lots of people that day who never reached work, road side assistance was pretty damned busy.

We call that a "snow day"... usually staying home that day so the plows can do thier jobs...

This storm right up until Christmas eve was reported to be a light snow..... I think some didn't prepare.... Though it didn't stop some assholes in another thread from trying to Katrina Christie over it. :lol:

We call that a "snow day"... usually staying home that day so the plows can do thier jobs...

This storm right up until Christmas eve was reported to be a light snow..... I think some didn't prepare.... Though it didn't stop some assholes in another thread from trying to Katrina Christie over it. :lol:

Hey well, a snow storm is the same as a hurricane that killed 2000 people...

Still, too bad for him, he missed a great photo opportunity, could have been there shoveling average citizens drive ways, would have been great for his poll numbers. You snooze you lose though :2razz:

Hey well, a snow storm is the same as a hurricane that killed 2000 people...

Still, too bad for him, he missed a great photo opportunity, could have been there shoveling average citizens drive ways, would have been great for his poll numbers. You snooze you lose though :2razz:

Have you seen Christie? I wouldn't want him shoveling anything, he might have a coronary. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom