• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bloomberg to spend $100 million for Biden to win Florida

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
On Sunday, The Washington Post revealed that Bloomberg, who made a brief run for the Democratic nomination himself earlier this year, will spend at least $100 million of his own fortune to support Biden's campaign in Florida, mainly through television ad buys. By injecting such an enormous amount of financial resources into the Sunshine State so close to the election, Bloomberg has the potential ability to single-handedly determine the outcome of the 2020 election and alter the course of American history.

Mike Bloomberg's investment in Florida could decide the election outcome (Opinion) - CNN

This is great news. Trump cannot win without Florida. We will decide the election and defeat Trump single handedly. That is the Electoral College for you.

Money... it gets **** done!

(Sadly, very few get to complain about money and politics or elections ever again and have any credibility.)

That's one enemy trump shouldn't've made.

Money... it gets **** done!

(Sadly, very few get to complain about money and politics or elections ever again and have any credibility.)

You know in 2016 Hillary raised and spent 1.191 billion dollars to Trump 646.8 Million and still lost.

Tracking the 2016 Presidential Money Race: Clinton vs. Trump

Which makes me wonder about the power of money hasn't lost some of its potential when it comes to elections. It's true 2016 was the first election where the candidate with less money actually won since 1964 when Goldwater outspent LBJ. But with all our modern technology and social media, perhaps TV ads aren't what they used to be. Since we get saturated with them, I think many don't pay any attention to them anymore.

I've seen a ton of very negative TV ads for our two senate races here in Georgia. All they done was make me want to vote against every single candidate running them. I've yet to see a positive TV ad. All negative. I hate them. If those ads in Florida have the same impact they had on me, well who knows? I just might vote third party in both our senate races as a protest against all the negative ads.

That's one enemy trump shouldn't've made.

Nobody likes Bloomberg, including democrat voters. Despite spending $500 million to try to buy the election for himself, he ended up with less votes than Bernie or Warren.

Nobody likes Bloomberg, including democrat voters. Despite spending $500 million to try to buy the election for himself, he ended up with less votes than Bernie or Warren.

His ad buys for other candidates in the past have been very good. He's just a bad politician. But, his political marketing team has done a really good job helping other Democrats win elections.

You know in 2016 Hillary raised and spent 1.191 billion dollars to Trump 646.8 Million and still lost.

This is what happens when you spend your money in blue locations who were already going to vote for you. Hillary Clinton is going to be a historical case study for a horrible political candidate and a horribly run campaign. When you win the nomination because the party decided it is their "turn" and rigs the primary to your benefit it becomes easy to over-estimate your sense of self worth among the American electorate.

This a great thing Bloomberg is doing for the country

Where can I see the ads that are running in battleground states? In NYC I see nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His ad buys for other candidates in the past have been very good. He's just a bad politician. But, his political marketing team has done a really good job helping other Democrats win elections.

So Biden is good because he's not Trump, and Bloomberg is good because he's going to help get the not-Trump guy elected.

In 4 years, this is the best the Democrats could come up with.

So Biden is good because he's not Trump, and Bloomberg is good because he's going to help get the not-Trump guy elected.

When I said Bloomberg's ad buys in the past were good I was not referring to agreeing or disagreeing with the content of the ads or of the individuals he was promoting. I'm just stating that the ads he has funded have been effective in their purpose.

Sadly, yes. Thats the best they can do

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike Bloomberg's investment in Florida could decide the election outcome (Opinion) - CNN

This is great news. Trump cannot win without Florida. We will decide the election and defeat Trump single handedly. That is the Electoral College for you.

Many people have advocated for him to pay off the fines of the ex-convicts, but I'm not sure how that would actually be done. Realistically speaking I think he's just going to blanket the airwaves with political ads. On the plus side, this could free Biden up to direct his money at other swing states.

By the way, I just want to say that I've always liked Bloomberg. I've never said a critical thing about him because he's da man.

Bloomberg is garbage, and money can no longer buy elections. Bloomberg should have learned that from the primaries, when he was flushing billions down the toilet. And if you think Bloomberg just wants to defeat Trump, you're kidding yourself. He wants to steer policy within the Democratic party, just like the Lincoln Project.

The fact that Biden isn't 20-30 points ahead of Trump is a disgrace.

The only reason I'm voting Biden is that I'd rather fight against him than Trump.

I really hope that's sarcasm.

I couldn't bring myself to go all the way and steal Jon Lovett's entire line.

"I just want to say that I've always liked Bloomberg. When Elizabeth Warren completely destroyed him in the Primary debate, I said, 'Liz...you're out of line.'"

This is what happens when you spend your money in blue locations who were already going to vote for you. Hillary Clinton is going to be a historical case study for a horrible political candidate and a horribly run campaign. When you win the nomination because the party decided it is their "turn" and rigs the primary to your benefit it becomes easy to over-estimate your sense of self worth among the American electorate.

I don't know where Hillary Clinton spent her money. I do know she let Trump both outwork and out campaign her. From 1 Sep through 8 Nov 2016 Trump made 116 campaign visits, stops, rallies, appearances etc to Hillary's 71. Her 71 looks larger than it was as it includes fund raisers in deep blue California and New York.

In the three deciding states, Wisconsin, it was Trump 5 visits, stops, rallies to none, zero for Hillary. In Michigan it was 6 for Trump, 1 for Hillary. Pennsylvania was closer, 8 for Trump, 5 for Hillary. Even in electoral rich Florida, Trump out worked and out campaigned her there 13 to 8.

Yep, a very inept campaign strategy for Hillary. If you call receiving more electoral votes than Obama a campaign strategy. She spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to win Georgia, Arizona and Utah. She shouldn't have ignored her backyard, the so called blue wall states.

2016 was the first time since 1988 that Michigan and Pennsylvania went Republican and the first time since 1984 for Wisconsin. I think she took them for granted. Had she won those three states, she'd be president today.

Right, and I suppose quartermasters working in department stores are at more risk now than in the last 100 years as well ?
‘You know what I mean?’ Joe Biden explains how a quartermaster could easily run the ladies department – twitchy.com

You know what I mean .

Last edited:
C'mon Maaaan!
You know those Cuban American quartermasters are working like the devil, very carefully from their cell phone towers, keeping America paper towel safe .Biden Speak.jpg

Eh6zygBWsAI8sBd

Tracking the 2016 Presidential Money Race: Clinton vs. Trump

Which makes me wonder about the power of money hasn't lost some of its potential when it comes to elections. It's true 2016 was the first election where the candidate with less money actually won since 1964 when Goldwater outspent LBJ. But with all our modern technology and social media, perhaps TV ads aren't what they used to be. Since we get saturated with them, I think many don't pay any attention to them anymore.

I've seen a ton of very negative TV ads for our two senate races here in Georgia. All they done was make me want to vote against every single candidate running them. I've yet to see a positive TV ad. All negative. I hate them. If those ads in Florida have the same impact they had on me, well who knows? I just might vote third party in both our senate races as a protest against all the negative ads.

You are not counting Putin's spending in 2016. :lol: We will see how good Bloombergs firm is at spending that $100 million it is also possible that it will help Biden stay over the top.

Bloomberg's political technology apparatus, a company he financed called Hawkfish, builds data and tech infrastructure for Democratic candidates and will likely give him the ability to, for example, micro-target at scale small pockets of millennial Nicaraguan Americans, Black Panamanians, and first-generation Ecuadorians, and many other niche demographic across Florida with laserlike precision. These ads can appeal to them with the messages they find most compelling, and importantly, those messages worth turning out to vote for.

Back
Top Bottom