• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bloomberg to spend $100 million for Biden to win Florida

You realize that last time Trump could have lost Florida and still beaten Hillary don't you?

Bloomberg would be smarter to spend that money in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Bloomberg started with nothing, and now is 20 times richer than trump. Or put another way, if trump had put his inheritance into an indexed fund, he would be richer than he is now. he is literally below average in business.

Florida is an interesting combination of tough for Biden, and actually very possible for Biden. Biden is not strong there. He is stronger in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

If Biden is a better candidate, why would he require an additional $100 million dollars?

There is no such thing as overkill, especially when America's future is at stake. Biden may not need the extra $100 million, but only a fool would reject it.

On the other side, trump has run out of money. he wasted so much money, with him and his cronies stealing much of it, that his campaign is not buying advertisements at a key time.

excellent businessman

terrible politician

analytic-driven quants tend not to make good pols

Bloomberg is in some ways an excellent politician. He created a very successful news company. The type of quant he is the type of quant who analyzes people and their ideas. He would make an off the charts good political campaign manager... But would probably never accept such a demotion.

Sounds like you are admitting that votes can be bought.

No, but people can be made aware of things that change their mind. That requires money.

There is an old saying in advertisement, "nothing kills a bad product as quickly as a great advertising campaign." Advertising is literally about brand awareness, which hopefully is a good thing. But you need a good brand too.

But the lack of advertisement also kills a brand. If no one knows you exist, you are forgotten. In politics, which has a lot of negative advertisement, you do not want the opponent defining you.

I live in FL. It honestly could go either way. There is evidence Trump is doing better among Cuban hispanics than he was four years ago, but there is also evidence that Biden is doing better among white seniors than Clinton was four years ago, or even Obama.

Black turn out will also be a factor. They didn't turn out for Gillium in 2018 the way they did for Obama twice, and it allowed DeSantis to squeak by a narrow victory.

It is going to interesting to see what Puerto Ricans do. A huge number of Puerto Ricans have fled Puerto Rico, and upon landing in an American state they immediately have the right to vote. Historically, they are no big voters, but it is hoped they will vote in bigger numbers, and against trump.

There's actually plenty of ample evidence of "shy Biden voters" compared to "shy Trump voters", but you go ahead and continue pushing a fake narrative.

I don't think there are "shy" voters so much as "ashamed" voters. Biden voters don't seem to be "ashamed", yet. Many trump voters are ashamed of trump. trump is not doing as well in places like Utah, not because he won't do well in the election, but because people in Utah are ashamed to admit they will vote for him.

Ashamed voters often chose not to vote. This could hurt Republicans down ticket.

I personally think all this Russia stuff is an excuse to hide Hillary's laziness and her inept campaign strategy. Did it make a difference? I don't think so, but if it did it was due to Hillary conceding the campaign trial to Trump by letting him out work and out campaign her big time along with a very flawed and inept campaign strategy. If Russia did make a difference, it was because of Hillary's miscues, mistakes, inaction which allowed the election to become very close to where it could become a factor.

If Hillary had a decent campaign strategy and wasn't so lazy, going to states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, whatever Russia did would have been totally irrelevant. I don't think Putin cared who won, he just wanted to sow distrust in our election system which I think he succeeded. Now both parties are playing the distrust card, Putin is laughing.

Putin is winning so much he must tired of winning. Trump is his stooge. It is amusing that you fail to see that. It must be the water there.:lol:

Putin must be tired of winning -- Meanwhile in America - CNN

Mike Bloomberg's investment in Florida could decide the election outcome (Opinion) - CNN

This is great news. Trump cannot win without Florida. We will decide the election and defeat Trump single handedly. That is the Electoral College for you.

That's pretty telling right there. He's already given up on the other swing states. He's trying desperately to hold onto Florida. If you look at the OP, Bloomberg is wasting his money because Biden will probably win anyway without Florida.

Money... it gets **** done!

(Sadly, very few get to complain about money and politics or elections ever again and have any credibility.)

LOL. While you guys rail against money in politics.

This a great thing Bloomberg is doing for the country

Where can I see the ads that are running in battleground states? In NYC I see nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. I thought you guys were against money in politics?

He could spend 50 billion, won’t change anything

I don't think there are "shy" voters so much as "ashamed" voters. Biden voters don't seem to be "ashamed", yet. Many trump voters are ashamed of trump. trump is not doing as well in places like Utah, not because he won't do well in the election, but because people in Utah are ashamed to admit they will vote for him.

Ashamed voters often chose not to vote. This could hurt Republicans down ticket.

That wasn't the case in 2016. The ashamed voters voted a lot.

Has Bloomberg violated any campaign finance laws with this spending?

Bloomberg started with nothing, and now is 20 times richer than trump. Or put another way, if trump had put his inheritance into an indexed fund, he would be richer than he is now. he is literally below average in business.

Florida is an interesting combination of tough for Biden, and actually very possible for Biden. Biden is not strong there. He is stronger in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
I've been saying that for years. He could have been richer and not had the Russian monkey on his back.

Florida is tough because of the Hispanic voters that get lots of disinformation from right-wing sources via whatsapp. According to those sites, Democrats are like the communists in Venezuela. I know, it's crazy but that's the junk they're pedaling to weak minds -- because they've got nothing else.

That wasn't the case in 2016. The ashamed voters voted a lot.

Just the opposite. Clinton had ashamed voters, who did not vote for her. Meanwhile, trump's core voters were not ashamed.

Has Bloomberg violated any campaign finance laws with this spending?
Citizens are free to spend as much as they want on free speech -- as long as they aren't donating it directly to a campaign.

Just the opposite. Clinton had ashamed voters, who did not vote for her. Meanwhile, trump's core voters were not ashamed.

After witnessing what this guy is like for four years, Trump voters should be ashamed.

Citizens are free to spend as much as they want on free speech -- as long as they aren't donating it directly to a campaign.

Well, there we go.

Trump made enemies with a man who has the ability to slap him for it.

Learning is often painful.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, that's what's happening this year too.

Putin is winning so much he must tired of winning. Trump is his stooge. It is amusing that you fail to see that. It must be the water there.:lol:

Putin must be tired of winning -- Meanwhile in America - CNN

Perhaps something in the water, Jim Beam. No, I really believe Putin's goal was to sow distrust in our election process which he has succeeded. I don't believe he cared who won or lost. Now both parties are helping him sow even more distrust. Sure, Putin is sitting back right now smiling, fat and happy. No matter who wins in November, around half of all Americans will believe the winner won only because of cheating by the other side.

Whether or not Putin wanted to help Trump win really isn't important. It's the distrust that has been sown in our election system that benefits him and Russia.

Perhaps something in the water, Jim Beam. No, I really believe Putin's goal was to sow distrust in our election process which he has succeeded. I don't believe he cared who won or lost. Now both parties are helping him sow even more distrust. Sure, Putin is sitting back right now smiling, fat and happy. No matter who wins in November, around half of all Americans will believe the winner won only because of cheating by the other side.

Whether or not Putin wanted to help Trump win really isn't important. It's the distrust that has been sown in our election system that benefits him and Russia.

Who is to blame for that? It is Trump who is "sowing distrust" and doing Putin's bidding. Admit that is true at least.

That's pretty telling right there. He's already given up on the other swing states. He's trying desperately to hold onto Florida. If you look at the OP, Bloomberg is wasting his money because Biden will probably win anyway without Florida.

You are right about Biden not needing Florida but we are working towards a landslide that will make even the most skeptical Trumpist realize they lost. We really need to whomp Trump good.

Bloomberg will "buy" $100M on his own network and through his own political data company. No more, no less.

Who is to blame for that? It is Trump who is "sowing distrust" and doing Putin's bidding. Admit that is true at least.

I'm pretty sure Trump always thought he would lose in 2016 and massage his ego, he definitely did begin sowing distrust among his supporters for the expected results. Trump may have been the most surprised person that he won. Was Trump sowing that distrust because Putin told him to or was harping about a rigged election a way to sooth his massive thin skin ego? Perhaps it doesn't matter, he did sow distrust. I do however find it hard to believe Trump did so on Putin's instructions. I think Trump had in mind that running for the presidency would boost his reality TV shows ratings as his initial reason for running. I could be dog tired wrong. But I'm more on the outside looking in as I didn't have a horse in the race, the 2016 election. I voted against both major party candidates, no way was I going to help either one win.

Now both sides are lining up their lawyers to challenge every close state results. I suppose the bottom line is whether or not Putin used Trump as a patsy or pawn or if that was just Trump massaging his ego knowing he wasn't going to win really doesn't matter at this late date. The distrust is sown.

I also think that distrust will grow as long as we're so polarized, divided and mega, ultra high partisanship remains in this modern political era. In a more sane political era, neither Trump nor Hillary would have come close to being nominated.

Back
Top Bottom