• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bloomberg paying off fines and restitution of over 32K felons in Fl.

Sure it does....it's called "intent". They have stated their intent for all to see, so there is no doubt whatsoever why they are doing this vote buying scheme. It is illegal to do so, no matter what you or I say....their own words convict them.
😂

Is this really happening in America? A billionaire raising money and paying off the fines of felons in Florida, so they can register to vote. If this is not criminal, I don't know what is....goodness. This needs to be investigated immediately and forthwith to get to the bottom of this vote buying, bribery scheme.

This is so wrong on so many counts.....unbelievable.
That you don’t like it means nothing. It’s Bloomberg’s money and his prerogative.

Wipe your tears and move on.

Sure it does....it's called "intent". They have stated their intent for all to see, so there is no doubt whatsoever why they are doing this vote buying scheme. It is illegal to do so, no matter what you or I say....their own words convict them.
Not in American courts...yet.

Interesting to see how the mind of a leftist see's things......
You're going to be seeing a lot of that for the next four years. Good to get some practice in early.

That you don’t like it means nothing. It’s Bloomberg’s money and his prerogative.

Wipe your tears and move on.

Hell no, money does not give anyone the right to break the law.....Bloomberg, just because he is rich, doesn't give him the right to do such atrocities.

You're going to be seeing a lot of that for the next four years. Good to get some practice in early.

Seen enough to know they are not trustworthy, i.e., Bloomberg in Florida rigging a Presidential election.....and the lawless support him.....sad.

Is this really happening in America? A billionaire raising money and paying off the fines of felons in Florida, so they can register to vote. If this is not criminal, I don't know what is....goodness. This needs to be investigated immediately and forthwith to get to the bottom of this vote buying, bribery scheme.

This is so wrong on so many counts.....unbelievable.
GOOD! All the repukes have is voter suppression.

GOOD! All the repukes have is voter suppression.

Another one supporting "vote buying" and calling it voter suppression, lol. Guess it's okay for Biden and his family to take a 3.5 million dollar bribe from Russia, too.....lmao.

Sheldon Adelson just gave $25 million to Mitch McConnell's election campaign. If this is not criminal, I don't know what is....goodness. This needs to be investigated immediately and forthwith to get to the bottom of this vote buying, bribery scheme.

Sheldon Adelson just gave $25 million to Mitch McConnell's election campaign. If this is not criminal, I don't know what is....goodness. This needs to be investigated immediately and forthwith to get to the bottom of this vote buying, bribery scheme.

Deflect much....go start your own thread.

Deflect much....go start your own thread.

Right, so it's okay when a billionaire gives to a Republican. It took .04 seconds to demonstrate the bad faith of your position.

Right, so it's okay when a billionaire gives to a Republican. It took .04 seconds to demonstrate the bad faith of your position.

You are seriously trying to compare one billionaire giving monies to a Republican campaign......to another billionaire paying off the fines and restitution of felons, in hopes they will vote for Joe Biden???.....wow, is all I can say. Go deflect somewhere else....bye.

You are seriously trying to compare one billionaire giving monies to a Republican campaign......to another billionaire paying off the fines and restitution of felons, in hopes they will vote for Joe Biden???.....wow, is all I can say. Go deflect somewhere else....bye.

The only difference in your position is that one helps a Republican, and the other you assume helps a Democrat. The bad faith of your position is transparent.

Another one supporting "vote buying" and calling it voter suppression, lol. Guess it's okay for Biden and his family to take a 3.5 million dollar bribe from Russia, too.....lmao.
Obviously you are confused. Voter suppression is the poll tax Florida imposes on US citizens after they have served their time and paid their debt to society. Florida just wants them to keep paying in perpetuity. I hope this helps but I doubt it. How many millions has the malignant narcissist scumbag POS bilked the government for staying at his hotels? How much time has he spent on the golf course? LOL! SUCKERS!

Obviously you are confused. Voter suppression is the poll tax Florida imposes on US citizens after they have served their time and paid their debt to society. Florida just wants them to keep paying in perpetuity. I hope this helps but I doubt it. How many millions has the malignant narcissist scumbag POS bilked the government for staying at his hotels? How much time has he spent on the golf course? LOL! SUCKERS!

Lol, like I said, another leftist supporting lawlessness....it's all they do anymore. Biden is toast, your pick is history....and you've lost once again. Deal with it.

Lol, like I said, another leftist supporting lawlessness....it's all they do anymore. Biden is toast, your pick is history....and you've lost once again. Deal with it.

LOL. You're the one voting for a man surrounded by criminals who himself will be in prison when he leaves office.

Hell no, money does not give anyone the right to break the law.....Bloomberg, just because he is rich, doesn't give him the right to do such atrocities.

So, if you pay $1,000 you can vote? But if you can't afford it, you can't vote?

Why am I surprised that a Trump supporter would have no sense of justice beyond what benefits his authoritarian master.

From uslegal.com:

Any reward given to a person for voting in a particular way or for not voting can be called vote buying. Vote buying is a corrupt election practice. A vote buying bribe is that having a monetary value. The practice of vote buying is banned in United States. Vote buying is a threat to the conduct of fair elections. In the U.S. vote buying is an offence when a person knowingly or willfully gives false information or conspires with another individual for the purpose of encouraging his false registration to vote or illegal voting, or pays or offers to pay or accepts payment either for registration to vote or for voting shall be fined not more than $ 10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This provision shall only by applicable to general, special, or primary elections (42 USCS § 1973i(c)).

Bloomberg and the group of operatives doing this have stated it is for garnishing more votes for Biden.....the monetary value is the paying off of fines and restitution. The left is becoming more and more the party of lawlessness, as they now deem this as ok. You heard that rich Republicans, bring on the money....they do it, so let us also.
Show where they told each of those felons or a group of them that they have to vote for Biden for their fines to be paid. Show where they set any condition, even verbally, on having to just even vote let alone for who in order to have their fine paid.

And no, Bloomberg speculating that paying those fines could increase votes for Biden by increasing who was eligible to vote is not placing any conditions on the receipt of the fine payments.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

In hope... there you said it. DOOOMberg can't control who the former felons actually votes for, he can hope they vote Biden, but many of them will vote Trump, thrird party or just not vote. Again DOOOMberg is not a politician, he isn't running for office. He is a private citizen paying off other peoples' fines. And in no way can he control how the people will actually vote (he should know, he tried to buy himself a Presideny and UTTERLY FAILED).

So, if you pay $1,000 you can vote? But if you can't afford it, you can't vote?

Why am I surprised that a Trump supporter would have no sense of justice beyond what benefits his authoritarian master.

Pitiful how the left justifies crime breaking "vote buying"....Bloomberg and company were NOT there in Florida to help others out in their trying time, so they could vote again....NO, they were there to buy their vote, to get them to vote for Joe Biden, stating themselves that is why they did it, to acquire more votes for Biden. It is criminal behavior and the left likes it....go figure.

Show where they told each of those felons or a group of them that they have to vote for Biden for their fines to be paid. Show where they set any condition, even verbally, on having to just even vote let alone for who in order to have their fine paid.

And no, Bloomberg speculating that paying those fines could increase votes for Biden by increasing who was eligible to vote is not placing any conditions on the receipt of the fine payments.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The blind leading the blind. The express purpose Bloomberg and company were paying monies to take care of felons fines and restitution was to garner more votes for Joe Biden. That is the reason they gave the felons monies, as this is their statements, as has been shown.

In hope... there you said it. DOOOMberg can't control who the former felons actually votes for, he can hope they vote Biden, but many of them will vote Trump, thrird party or just not vote. Again DOOOMberg is not a politician, he isn't running for office. He is a private citizen paying off other peoples' fines. And in no way can he control how the people will actually vote (he should know, he tried to buy himself a Presideny and UTTERLY FAILED).

You like many liberals are simply living in lala land....stick with the facts, will ya?

From the Washington Post:

Bloomberg released a memo stating this is a more cost effective way to gain votes for Biden instead of trying to persuade folks to support the Democratic nominee.

“We have identified a significant vote share that requires a nominal investment,” per the memo. “The data shows that in Florida, Black voters are a unique universe unlike any other voting bloc, where the Democratic support rate tends to be 90%-95%.”

I don't think anything else needs to be said....

What law/s do you think Bloomberg, and the Florida Right’s Restoration Coalition, have broken.

Be specific. Cite/link state and/or law.

See how their minds work, no matter how illegal, but they see it as illegal. Now if some billionaire republican were buying votes in this way, all hell would break loose....such hypocrites.
Pitiful how the left justifies crime breaking "vote buying"....Bloomberg and company were NOT there in Florida to help others out in their trying time, so they could vote again....NO, they were there to buy their vote, to get them to vote for Joe Biden, stating themselves that is why they did it, to acquire more votes for Biden. It is criminal behavior and the left likes it....go figure.

Wait... Are you admitting the legislation passed by the GOP really WAS meant to create a poll tax?

You like many liberals are simply living in lala land....stick with the facts, will ya?

From the Washington Post:

Bloomberg released a memo stating this is a more cost effective way to gain votes for Biden instead of trying to persuade folks to support the Democratic nominee.

“We have identified a significant vote share that requires a nominal investment,” per the memo. “The data shows that in Florida, Black voters are a unique universe unlike any other voting bloc, where the Democratic support rate tends to be 90%-95%.”

I don't think anything else needs to be said....
Yeah, something else does need to be said by you. Cite and provide link/s to the specific law/s you think are being broken.

Back
Top Bottom