• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bloomberg honors Boston Bomber as victim of gun violence

Spartacus FPV

Better You = Better World
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Boston Bomber Memorialized as Gun Victim by Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Movement - Fox Nation

An event held yesterday in Concord, New Hampshire by out-of-state supporters of Mike Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns movement turned ugly when a 2nd Amendment activist (who was protesting the event) was arrested. But buried in the Union Leader story was an arguably more interesting nugget.

During the rally, supporters of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns read the names of those “killed with guns” since the Dec. 14 Newtown shootings — and Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s name was memorialized among the names of the dead. (Tsarnaev, of course, was killed in a police shootout.)
:shock:

The gun grabbers will make props of any victim, when it was children it was despicable but now they're counting terrorists and people shot by police in order to attack our rights? Wow... just wow...

Boston Bomber Memorialized as Gun Victim by Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Movement - Fox Nation

[/FONT][/COLOR]:shock:[/FONT][/COLOR]

The gun grabbers will make props of any victim, when it was children it was despicable but now they're counting terrorists and people shot by police in order to attack our rights? Wow... just wow...

How insensitive of you, Tamerlan was just another poor, skittles and ice tea kid, that never had the opportunities that the rest of us had.

Good thing we get this from a solid, balanced source like Fox Nation. Otherwise, I would have thought they took some random guys comments and tied them to Bloomberg (who I am NO fan of).

Good grief©

I can not say that I am surprised.The Mayors against the 2nd amendment and other anti-2nd amendment trash after all try to include suicides and scumbag on scumbag shootings in with gun victim numbers. I am surprised they haven't tried to include people in other countries to that list.

Last edited:
Correct they are out of their minds, and the head honcho will spend a few hundred million on his cause. I'm glad GOA/NRA can raise the money they do.

Those people are out of their minds if this is true. Police returned fire after he killed one of them, and threw a bomb at them.

Good thing we get this from a solid, balanced source like Fox Nation. Otherwise, I would have thought they took some random guys comments and tied them to Bloomberg (who I am NO fan of).

Good grief©

The link was to Fox Nation, the source was the Daily Caller. Problem with that source?

Correct they are out of their minds, and the head honcho will spend a few hundred million on his cause. I'm glad GOA/NRA can raise the money they do.

I doubt Bloomberg is stupid enough to tie himself to some dead terrorist, but these rally folks are nuts, if this story is true. Not a fan of FOX, since they have a tendency towards laying down some extremely thick bias and fabrications.

I doubt Bloomberg is stupid enough to tie himself to some dead terrorist, but these rally folks are nuts, if this story is true. Not a fan of FOX, since they have a tendency towards laying down some extremely thick bias and fabrications.

Source was the Daily Caller

I can not say that I am surprised.The Mayors against the 2nd amendment and other anti-2nd amendment trash after all try to include suicides and scumbag on scumbag shootings in with gun victim numbers. I am surprised they haven't tried to include people in other countries to that list.

Why are victims of gun suicides not gun victims? There's plenty of evidence that owning a gun increases your risk of a successful suicide, since guns are the most deadly method of suicide. Why would anybody want to increase their risk of death?

Why are victims of gun suicides not gun victims? There's plenty of evidence that owning a gun increases your risk of a successful suicide, since guns are the most deadly method of suicide. Why would anybody want to increase their risk of death?

If your goal is to commit suicide why would you not want to increase your risk of death? Isn't that the goal?

What gun rights have you lost since Bush-43 gave you back your WMDs? Don't you feel at all phony with the constant whine of losing less than nothing when you will always have 41 filibustering Senators, including centrist Democrats, as well as the current House until at least 2022. You should begin a petition to join northern California, eastern Oregon, Northern Nevada, and southern Idaho with Utah to form the PROVINCE of Mormon.

What gun rights have you lost since Bush-43 gave you back your WMDs?

I live in Maryland where in October not only will the kinds of firearms I can own be severely restricted along with magazine capacity but our 2nd Amendment rights do not extend past our front doors, we have no right to bear arms here and we law abiding gun owners will be fingerprinted like criminals.

Don't you feel at all phony with the constant whine of losing less than nothing when you will always have 41 filibustering Senators, including centrist Democrats, as well as the current House until at least 2022. You should begin a petition to join northern California, eastern Oregon, Northern Nevada, and southern Idaho with Utah to form the PROVINCE of Mormon.

Not at all, you're clearly ignorant to the rights we've lost as Americans. As for the Mormon statement... I don't... that isn't... what?

I more have a problem with the deliberate deception of the OP in general. The effort to extract "memorializing the Boston Bomber" from somebody reading a list of names.

Understand this. I am not anti-gun. I hold Bloomberg in contempt. I just react when in a world with so many real offenses, something like this is created and publicized. It just makes everything important seem less valuable. Or do you expect me to believe that Bloomberg "memorializes" Tsarnaev in some way?

I have no more respect for The Daily Caller than I do for Fox Opinion. That is just about none.

During the rally, supporters of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns read the names of those “killed with guns” since the Dec. 14 Newtown shootings — and Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s name was memorialized among the names of the dead.

Read more: Boston Bomber Memorialized as Gun Victim by Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Movement - Fox Nation

The link was to Fox Nation, the source was the Daily Caller. Problem with that source?

Why are victims of gun suicides not gun victims?
Because suicide is a deliberate act of self harm. Victimization requires that the actor is preying on the recipient of the action. Not a difficult concept when one looks at things analytically and objectively without pre determined biases.
There's plenty of evidence that owning a gun increases your risk of a successful suicide, since guns are the most deadly method of suicide. Why would anybody want to increase their risk of death?
This really may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's certainly not even informed enough for a serious response. People who commit suicide WANT TO DIE, people will use WHATEVER THEY HAVE HANDY. And finally, dead is dead, it doesn't matter what method is utilized, there is no such thing as more dead or less dead, you are either dead or alive, IOW guns are not the "most deadly" form of death, dead is dead.

And just to make sure you don't repeat it again, there is no counter, dead is dead. One more time, there isn't a more dead or less dead. Your talking points are crap.

Those people are out of their minds if this is true. Police returned fire after he killed one of them, and threw a bomb at them.

Who killed one of them? The Boston Bomber theory is full of holes. In any case only one gun was ever found between the two of them. It seems Dzhokhar was unarmed the entire time. Bit strange article to come out with this unless/untill they are found innocent, though but I am in no way convinced they have the right people.

Who killed one of them? The Boston Bomber theory is full of holes. In any case only one gun was ever found between the two of them. It seems Dzhokhar was unarmed the entire time. Bit strange article to come out with this unless/untill they are found innocent, though but I am in no way convinced they have the right people.

Then write about it in the conspiracy theories forum.

I more have a problem with the deliberate deception of the OP in general. The effort to extract "memorializing the Boston Bomber" from somebody reading a list of names.

Understand this. I am not anti-gun. I hold Bloomberg in contempt. I just react when in a world with so many real offenses, something like this is created and publicized. It just makes everything important seem less valuable. Or do you expect me to believe that Bloomberg "memorializes" Tsarnaev in some way?

I have no more respect for The Daily Caller than I do for Fox Opinion. That is just about none.

How was I being deliberately deceptive with my OP? The OP clearly states "supporters of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns read the names."

At worst you can claim the title was misleading, but not deliberately... given that I didn't have the space for Mayors Against Illegal Guns nor would anyone understand what M.A.I.G was.

Some staffer cut and pasted off some internet source of victims I am certain. An intern to a speechwriter or a clueless staffer messed up--no big deal.

Then write about it in the conspiracy theories forum.

So who are you saying killed a cop and where. I have no interest in conspiracy theories - maybe you should go there to because this has not yet come to trial. Now who are you claiming killed a policeman and where?

Back
Top Bottom