• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bloomberg’s Public Housing Fingerprinting Idea Stuns, Infuriates Residents

Yes, the wealthy aristocrat types!

Fingerprinting is now being used by state schools in Indiana for lunches. Kids keep forgetting IDs. Lunch lines don't move. Kids bully and steal. BOEs and Admins are fed up with parents. Fingerprint or no free-lunch. I agree with this.

Why? Just in case some hungry kid accidentally gets fed who wasn't supposed to? The horror.

now if they would require they be banned from buying guns and ammo while living in public housing they will make huge gains.

now if they would require they be banned from buying guns and ammo while living in public housing they will make huge gains.

Can you explain who will make what gains? It's ambiguous who you are talking about.

90% forgetful rate is horror for schools. Conscientious kids barely have time to eat.

Time for kids and parents to be held accountable. Get organized the night before, be prepared, do your homework, put down the electronic toys and cut texting by 90%.
Why? Just in case some hungry kid accidentally gets fed who wasn't supposed to? The horror.

Can you explain who will make what gains? It's ambiguous who you are talking about.

the people living in public housing

I guess that is why he doesn't live in Gracie Mansion.

Yeah, they're called statists. They exists heavily on both sides the linear political spectrum.

Statist is a meaningless term co-opted by libertarians so they'd have something to contrast themselves with. If you're not an anarchist, you're a statist.

why object to fingerprinting as a prerequisite to receiving such public assistance as housing
while it is difficult for me to see the benefits of maintaining such a fingerprint database outweighing the expense of it
if you cannot yourself afford to cover the cost of personal housing, being fingerprinted seems a small price to have to pay for it

why object to fingerprinting as a prerequisite to receiving such public assistance as housing
while it is difficult for me to see the benefits of maintaining such a fingerprint database outweighing the expense of it
if you cannot yourself afford to cover the cost of personal housing, being fingerprinted seems a small price to have to pay for it

I would also ask a question

How different is this from requiring those on welfare to pass drug tests?

I would also ask a question

How different is this from requiring those on welfare to pass drug tests?

one does not pass or fail a fingerprinting test

good lord, Bloomberg is a an asshole... what NY'ers see in him , I'll never know.

for much of NYC, the place has become a better place to live

Both would be a requirement to receive the government assistance

yes, except that was not your question
you asked for the difference between the two
hence my answer

Fingerprinting as a means of identification seems like a great idea. Once Blomie has the idea perfected, it can be used for voter ID. Eliminating most of the arguments against it.

Bloomberg seems to view public political office as a private social experiment.

Statist is a meaningless term co-opted by libertarians so they'd have something to contrast themselves with. If you're not an anarchist, you're a statist.

In the one or the other view it, sure. But just like anything else, there is a lot of room between one and the other. Bloomberg is pretty close to one end of it.

Bloomberg’s Public Housing Fingerprinting Idea Stuns, Infuriates Residents « CBS New York

These kinds of ideas seem to keep emanating from certain types of people....

Free money/housing DOES in fact have strings attached.......

When people are dependent on government they need to do as they're told -- that's why the government wants everyone dependent on them - from healthcare to food...

Bloomberg is a fascist authoritarian tyrant....

Pelosi, Obama and the rest of the ilk are no different - they just use different means at times to achieve the ultimate government supremacy....

Back
Top Bottom