• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blog Your Current Game

Two Point Hospital released about 2 am this morning. Got about an hour in before bed, and got to say it is a ton of fun. In depth simulation, but with the emphasis on fun. One of the diseases to be cured is "Jest Infection", which turns the patient into a clown. Over the hospital intercom the nurse asks "Please do not urinate in the hospital". And holy hell, games should take lessons on how to build a UI from this game. Everything is easy to do, intuitive and smooth. Really enjoying it so far.

Here is one of my patients, suffering from Lightheadedness:

20180830154649_1.jpg

I play lots of Junkrat, and post many vids to my You Tube, feel free to enjoy the greatness.
You can also watch me and my friends play on twitch.tv/casra76 if you are interested. Will be on most nights after 7pm CST (during the season, next one starts the 31st of Aug)
Feel free to ping me on Twitch if you watch!

So, in what amounts to the ultimate Min-Max win condition.I decided to give one last go on IT LURKS BELOW before setting it aside until release, and ended up getting a weapon recipe drop and a perfect role on crafting that not only tripled by DPS, but also fixed all of my damage mitigation weaknesses. Zero to Hero. The final boss that was literally unkillable due his high regen rate and bazillion adds that tore me to pieces ended up going down in about 45 seconds without even penetrating my shield.

I'm setting the game aside now, not in defeat, but in resounding victory.

TL;DR: ZOMG STAFF OF POWER OP FIX UR GAM DEVS!

So, in what amounts to the ultimate Min-Max win condition.I decided to give one last go on IT LURKS BELOW before setting it aside until release, and ended up getting a weapon recipe drop and a perfect role on crafting that not only tripled by DPS, but also fixed all of my damage mitigation weaknesses. Zero to Hero. The final boss that was literally unkillable due his high regen rate and bazillion adds that tore me to pieces ended up going down in about 45 seconds without even penetrating my shield.

I'm setting the game aside now, not in defeat, but in resounding victory.

TL;DR: ZOMG STAFF OF POWER OP FIX UR GAM DEVS!

If I played something like that all the way in beta, it would absolutely kill my interest by the time it releases.

If I played something like that all the way in beta, it would absolutely kill my interest by the time it releases.

True. But the game is only about 40% done at this point. The first game+ difficulty level is only about half done, and there is still a final boss level to be added, and a third game+ difficulty level to be added, and more items and skills etc.

I haven't played a game this active in development since Dwarf Fortress. One day I log off with a goal set for your next gaming session, the next day I boot up and my class has a dragon pet.

So, it'll be a different game by the time I pick it up again... and I'm sure I'll be nurfed all to hell by then.

All that being said, it was 50+ hours of very solid, minimalist ARPG for $20. I wouldn't have much to complain about even if this was the final product.

New expansion for Eu4 came out today, focusing mainly on the Indian peninsula. My Vijayanagar run is starting out well.

On Planetside 2: as usual the faction I was playing in was horribly outnumbered, but I stayed mostly with the zerg and manned one of the turrets on the sunderer. I was surprised to get a lot of kills as the enemy rushed us, and even managed to take down a MAX before dying as the vehicle I was in blew up lol.

pMkwdeq.jpg

Apparently I can't put down IT LURKS BELOW. I kept playing after I quit.. maybe because I couldn't find anything else.

Odd for me, though, is that I am focusing on grinding out a complete gear set, which I never do. At this point I have enough end-game gear pieces that I have, essentially, X-ray vision and no longer need to dig in order to discover, and as a teleporting Wizard I just pop in wherever I want to on the screen.

That combo of abilities has made the final farming push much easier, and everything in the game is already ridiculously easy, including the bosses. Not sure why I am continuing, but I am going to finish this gear set this weekend. All I really get out of it is the ability to fly which, really, I don't need since I know longer need to dig drop shafts.

Got heavily back into Overwatch after a very long time (so long I hadn't tried the new characters added after launch).

Maining Moira and Orisa and surprisingly, kicking some serious ass.

Those characters just clicked with me so much, I felt straight away I knew exactly how to play them and exactly what I was supposed to do in the team dynamic.

Having an ABSOLUTE blast.

On another note, DayZ came to Xbox One, I downloaded the Trial the other day and took it for a test drive.

Ah... The **** is this game?

I ran around for like, 40 ****ing minutes and found nothing but an Axe and enough "Hoodies' to populate an H&M store... But no food, even after raiding an entire town...

So that's it, ran around for 40 goddamn minutes, found nothing and no one, killed a single Zombie with my axe and was on the verge of death from starvation and something else that I couldn't see because the game didn't allow me to change the resolution safe area.

Who and why does anyone play this game?

On Planetside 2: as usual the faction I was playing in was horribly outnumbered, but I stayed mostly with the zerg and manned one of the turrets on the sunderer. I was surprised to get a lot of kills as the enemy rushed us, and even managed to take down a MAX before dying as the vehicle I was in blew up lol.

pMkwdeq.jpg

Were you a member of Planetside Universe?

Got heavily back into Overwatch after a very long time (so long I hadn't tried the new characters added after launch).

Maining Moira and Orisa and surprisingly, kicking some serious ass.

Those characters just clicked with me so much, I felt straight away I knew exactly how to play them and exactly what I was supposed to do in the team dynamic.

Having an ABSOLUTE blast.

On another note, DayZ came to Xbox One, I downloaded the Trial the other day and took it for a test drive.

Ah... The **** is this game?

I ran around for like, 40 ****ing minutes and found nothing but an Axe and enough "Hoodies' to populate an H&M store... But no food, even after raiding an entire town...

So that's it, ran around for 40 goddamn minutes, found nothing and no one, killed a single Zombie with my axe and was on the verge of death from starvation and something else that I couldn't see because the game didn't allow me to change the resolution safe area.

Who and why does anyone play this game?

OW on console or PC?

Ahh, you should if you have the PC to do it on, switch to the pro league. I first played on PS4, and the console version of OW isn't anything like the PC in terms of play. If you do hit me up my crew can help you get to 25 and comp level.

No but Im sure you could see my stats there.

I only asked cause I was staff for years, in FACT I started doing a "Dev Blog" posting, and that's now a tracker on many game forums. :)

I just rebuilt a new PC, my last one was falling apart and I lost a HD that I hope to get some recovery. So, now, the rig I have is much faster, I5-8600, 8th edition, and got a faster 510 meg SSD that screams. So, I'm back to re-playing Fallout 4 New Vegas, thankfully Steam saved all my saves. Got the Oculus reinstalled, its working great.

I am a big pinball fanatic, and Farsight, which has put out over 100 tables just lost its license for all the Williams/Bally tables to Zen Studios, which has 4 tables in beta, and they look amazing, so much better physics and lighting...gotta buy them all again. Thinking of building a pinball cabinet with a 40 inch 4 K TV and all that that you can play all the tables on.

Ahh, you should if you have the PC to do it on, switch to the pro league. I first played on PS4, and the console version of OW isn't anything like the PC in terms of play. If you do hit me up my crew can help you get to 25 and comp level.

Probably won't get it on PC to be honest.

But man, I grouped up with some dudes the other day and realized, solo quick play with PUGs just...

Well... After that experience of being utterly crushed by another grouped up team and watching a bit of the Overwatch World Cup and League matches, much like Rocket League, when you're at that level, they are literally playing a different game to the rest of us, their understanding and style of play, again it's not even the same game, they're just on a totally different level.

But man, I grouped up with some dudes the other day and realized, solo quick play with PUGs just...

Well... After that experience of being utterly crushed by another grouped up team and watching a bit of the Overwatch World Cup and League matches, much like Rocket League, when you're at that level, they are literally playing a different game to the rest of us, their understanding and style of play, again it's not even the same game, they're just on a totally different level.

Oh yes, PC play is much much different beast than Console, and higher level PC play get's... WOW..

Here, this is what PC Overwatch is like :) Or it's me bragging cause DAMN.

Here, this is what PC Overwatch is like :) Or it's me bragging cause DAMN.

Yeah those moments are always great.

Got a decent team wipe on the objective with reaper yesterday, slipped in behind them as they were moving the payload, pulled ultimate, profit.

I got my first win in Plague Inc, Evolved:

plaguewin.jpg

And beat the virus on first try. Liking Plague Inc a lot. Nothing complex, takes under a half hour to play a scenario, and the time just flies by.

And I got the Oops combo!

oopscombo.jpg

Playing around with Torchlight II (yeah, I'm late to the party). I'm not in that far, but it feels like what DIII should have been. Skill trees w/ individually assigned points, individually assigned stats, etc., and thus far no item set that means you either play a specific build or be wildly inefficient. I've also found I can play my text game on the other monitor (primarily building up defenses by sitting in hunting areas) on the other screen while playing this...

Not the biggest fan on the kinda cartoony WoW-style graphics but whatever.

Only level 20 so we'll see how long it amuses me.

Back
Top Bottom