• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blockades Over, But Trudeau Says Emergency Powers Needed

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What a crazy farce! The trucker blockades have been ended, through the aggressive use of police to round up the truckers, seize their vehicles, and even their bank accounts.
There are no more blockades in Canada -- they're gone. Ohhh, but Dictator Trudeau has decided the Emergency (martial law) still needs to continue! o_O
He hasn't really explained why -- although he's (predictably) saying that it's to prevent any future blockades!
He's going Minority Report here! Department of Pre-Crime! Your rights are being revoked because of unspecified concerns you might do something bad in the future! (With your bouncy castles!)
What a crooked little prince this guy is.

TORONTO (AP) — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Monday emergency powers are still needed despite police ending border blockades and the occupation of the nation’s capital by truckers and others angry over Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions.

“The situation is still fragile, the state of emergency is still there,” Trudeau said.

Lawmakers in Parliament will vote Monday night whether to allow police to continue to use emergency powers. Opposition New Democratic Party leader Jagmeet Singh said his party will support it, ensuring Trudeau should have enough votes.

Trudeau noted there are some truckers that are just outside Ottawa that may be planning further blockades and his public safety minister noted there was an effort to block a border crossing in British Columbia on the weekend.

The emergencies act allows authorities to declare certain areas as no go zones. It also allows police to freeze truckers’ personal and corporate bank accounts and compels tow truck companies to tow away vehicles.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said those who had their bank accounts frozen were “influencers in the illegal protest in Ottawa, and owners and/or drivers of vehicles who did not want to leave the area.”

What a crazy farce! The trucker blockades have been ended, through the aggressive use of police to round up the truckers, seize their vehicles, and even their bank accounts.
There are no more blockades in Canada -- they're gone. Ohhh, but Dictator Trudeau has decided the Emergency (martial law) still needs to continue! o_O
He hasn't really explained why -- although he's (predictably) saying that it's to prevent any future blockades!
He's going Minority Report here! Department of Pre-Crime! Your rights are being revoked because of unspecified concerns you might do something bad in the future! (With your bouncy castles!)

Reminds me of Illinois Governor J. Big Prickster. From what i've been hearing, that poor dope is trying to keep in place the emergency powers he's been abusing since COVID started.

I'm just imagining what Biden must have said to Justin:

Sleezy Joe: Get those goddamn truckers rounded up right now! If this spreads across the border, then it's going to create big problems for me!
Idiot Trudeau: Y-y-yes sir!
Sleezy Joe: Don't worry, we'll back you up 100% -- just do whatever it takes, and we'll do our part to keep any heat off you
Idiot Trudeau: Th-thank you, sir!
Sleezy Joe: You can keep the country locked down until I've sewn up the November elections. I don't want any wild cards in the way.
Idiot Trudeau: Wh-whatever you say, sir!

Idiots like Trudeau and Biden are living proof of exactly why citizens shouldn't trust politicians or government in general.
And then they wonder why people mistrust big govt -- good grief! :(

Reminds me of Illinois Governor J. Big Prickster. From what i've been hearing, that poor dope is trying to keep in place the emergency powers he's been abusing since COVID started.

These crooks are riding the tiger -- they're in way over their heads, they've pulled so much crap already by abusing their powers, that they're scared to let up because they don't want to experience the backlash.

Oh wait - I'm willing to bet that sooner or later Canada's martial law dictatorship will be justified by citing the danger of -- wait for it -- Vladimir Putin.

You heard it here first.

It will be something about how some trucker once transported a shipment of Russian salad dressing instead of maple syrup.

Oh wait - I'm willing to bet that sooner or later Canada's martial law dictatorship will be justified by citing the danger of -- wait for it -- Vladimir Putin.

You heard it here first.

It will be something about how some trucker once transported a shipment of Russian salad dressing instead of maple syrup.
Justine got a taste of tyranny and he likes it!
His father must be doing 360s in his grave.

In addition to Justin Trudeau's ruling Liberal Party, Canada has a main opposition Conservative Party, and then it has another farther-left party called the New Democratic Party (NDP) led by a radical leftist named Jagmeet Singh. This shallow mental lightweight has decided to support Trudeau's continuation of Emergency martial law powers, because he's afraid that if the vote doesn't pass then govt will fall. He's an idiot who loves to race-bait as much as Kamala Harris does.

The trucker blockades may be gone but as of this afternoon police blockades have the city still shut down. Cars must show ID and pedestrians have to have some reason for being in the area or prove they live within the red area.

Screenshot_20220221-161958~2.png

The trucker blockades may be gone but as of this afternoon police blockades have the city still shut down. Cars must show ID and pedestrians have to have some reason for being in the area or prove they live within the red area.
How very Gestapo. "May we see your papers? Do you have a permit to be here?"

You heard it here first.

Yeah, we hear a lot of bullshit here first. Pretty sure your chicken little hysterics predict nothing accurately.

[1] It isn't "martial law" since there is absolutely no provision for "martial law" in Canadian law.

[2] The decision to keep the Emergencies Act in force for a further 30 days was approved by one of the two Canadian legislative bodies (the House of Commons which is the Canadian equivalent to the US House of Representatives) by majority vote and NOT just by the votes of the "Liberal Party" members. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how Canada's Senators
votes, won't we?

BTW, I do apologize for causing your brain to hurt at having to wrap itself around the fact that there are MORE than two groupings of Senators in Canada and that the largest of the groups is the "Independents".

I'm just imagining what Biden must have said to Justin:

Sleezy Joe: Get those goddamn truckers rounded up right now! If this spreads across the border, then it's going to create big problems for me!
Idiot Trudeau: Y-y-yes sir!
Sleezy Joe: Don't worry, we'll back you up 100% -- just do whatever it takes, and we'll do our part to keep any heat off you
Idiot Trudeau: Th-thank you, sir!
Sleezy Joe: You can keep the country locked down until I've sewn up the November elections. I don't want any wild cards in the way.
Idiot Trudeau: Wh-whatever you say, sir!

Idiots like Trudeau and Biden are living proof of exactly why citizens shouldn't trust politicians or government in general.
And then they wonder why people mistrust big govt -- good grief! :(
Ain't fantasy wunnerful?

View attachment 67376087

This isn't new or uncommon though in other situations. In fact, whenever there is a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, a lot of times they will shut down an area to only allow those who live within that area in.

In addition to Justin Trudeau's ruling Liberal Party, Canada has a main opposition Conservative Party, and then it has another farther-left party called the New Democratic Party (NDP) led by a radical leftist named Jagmeet Singh. This shallow mental lightweight
From grades 6 to 12, Mr. Singh attended Detroit Country Day School in Beverly Hills, Michigan. After graduating with an American High School Diploma, he overcame that handicap and earned a B.Sc. in biology from the University of Western Ontario in 2001. Following that he attended Osgoode Hall Law School and earned a Bachelor of Laws degree, becoming a practicing lawyer in 2006.
has decided to support Trudeau's continuation of Emergency martial law powers, because he's afraid that if the vote doesn't pass then govt will fall. He's an idiot who loves to race-bait as much as Kamala Harris does.

As for "race baiting" you are ... well, I don't want to get the mods mad at me.

it'll stay for awhile and then it will be canceled and just fade away.

From grades 6 to 12, Mr. Singh attended Detroit Country Day School in Beverly Hills, Michigan. After graduating with an American High School Diploma, he overcame that handicap and earned a B.Sc. in biology from the University of Western Ontario in 2001. Following that he attended Osgoode Hall Law School and earned a Bachelor of Laws degree, becoming a practicing lawyer in 2006.

As for "race baiting" you are ... well, I don't want to get the mods mad at me.
Jagmeet Singh is an idiot and an ethnic token, just like Kamala Harris is. The New Democratic Party which elected him their leader is Canada's perpetually 3rd-place party, and they selected him as part of their strategy of switching over from representing the working class to instead representing ethnic special interests. The entire Western Left are undergoing this trend -- whereas they once represented blue collar working people, they've now thrown those people under a bus, instead choosing to leave those people behind in order to chase ethnic representation and other identity politics, in whom they see a better future. Blue collar working class people are now derided as backward uncivilized retrograde semi-literate deplorables.

274476419_1136016907245522_4371340579030536918_n.jpg

Jagmeet Singh is an idiot and an ethnic token, just like Kamala Harris is. The New Democratic Party which elected him their leader is Canada's perpetually 3rd-place party, and they selected him as part of their strategy of switching over from representing the working class to instead representing ethnic special interests. The entire Western Left are undergoing this trend -- whereas they once represented blue collar working people, they've now thrown those people under a bus, instead choosing to leave those people behind in order to chase ethnic representation and other identity politics, in whom they see a better future. Blue collar working class people are now derided as backward uncivilized retrograde semi-literate deplorables.
I can only repeat what I said earlier about getting the mods mad at me.

BTW, in 2011, the NDP had the SECOND largest number of seats in the Canadian House of Commons and was "The Official Opposition". Not only that but the NDP has formed the provincial government in six provinces (Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia) plus the Yukon Territory. Your "perpetually 3rd-place party" shows exactly how much you know about Canadian politics.

I can only repeat what I said earlier about getting the mods mad at me.

BTW, in 2011, the NDP had the SECOND largest number of seats in the Canadian House of Commons and was "The Official Opposition". Not only that but the NDP has formed the provincial government in six provinces (Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia) plus the Yukon Territory. Your "perpetually 3rd-place party" shows exactly how much you know about Canadian politics.

I do have to admit that your unnamed person (or unknown qualifications [and who wears clothing that can only be read if you look in a mirror]) and who represents "Everything's just ducky in Alberta" (with its 175 "subscribers") does read what someone has written out for her to say on her own self-produced video quite well.

So I will credit that there is more than one person who is as ignorant of reality as someone who claims that Mr. Singh is "an ethnic token" and believes that the NDP was never more than in third place in any Canadian election.

From The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Wednesday he is removing emergency powers police can use after authorities ended the blockades at the borders and the occupation in Ottawa by truckers and others opposed to COVID-19 restrictions.

Trudeau said the “threat continues” but the acute emergency that included entrenched occupations has ended. His government invoked the powers last week and lawmakers affirmed the powers late Monday.

“The situation is no longer an emergency, therefore the federal government will be ending the use of the emergencies act,” Trudeau said. “We are confident that existing laws and bylaws are sufficient.”

COMMENT:-

Some left-wing, fascist, Stalinist, dictator.​

Back
Top Bottom