• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#BLM Takes Responsibility for Attack

Pleading with cops to treat you like a normal citizen is not seeking to "fan the flames of hostility". Thats just what you WANT it to be so BLM goes away.

Advancing this false narrative that racist white cops are systematically gunning down perfectly innocent black people does, indeed, fan those flames. We saw the result last night.

Of course, fanning the flames of hostility toward cops is always helpful, as we just saw. Defend BLM at all cost, no matter what someone in the movement says or does but this shooting did not help their cause. Most non BLM people do not support something like this.

Did I say they were beyond reproach or that everything they do is saintly? This is a thread where the OP is not so indirectly insinuating that the BLM movement is a terrorist organization. Do you honestly believe that nonsense? Whether you agree with them or not, the BLM movement has always been about stopping violence, not adding more of it.

Advancing this false narrative that racist white cops are systematically gunning down perfectly innocent black people does, indeed, fan those flames. We saw the result last night.

It's not a false narrative that being black in America dramatically increases your chance of being killed by the cops, even in a non-violent situation. Police work by its very nature has a lot of discretion on the part of the officer. Unfortunately that discretion has statistically been skewed towards violence when dealing with blacks. It's an issue that does need to be addressed, and it's never been about calling all cops racist murderers.

Last edited:
If you are going to blame insane snipers on BLM peaceful protesters then you just want the protesters to go away.

Its scary to think that some people would REVEL in the thought of the government labeling EVERYONE who ever used BLM hashtag as a terrorist.

Sorry, I just can't get my head wrapped around the idea that BLM would shoot a bunch of cops at their own rally. What's the point?

I suspect that the truth is far closer to what the shooter claimed. Just a nut job pissed off at everybody.

Did I say they were beyond reproach or that everything they do is saintly? This is a thread where the OP is not so indirectly insinuating that the BLM movement is a terrorist organization. Do you honestly believe that nonsense? Whether you agree with them or not, the BLM movement has always been about stopping violence, not adding more of it.

Seems like I recall some pretty wide spread rioting, but sure.

That's weird. Just less than a month ago, you were basically implying that hateful rhetoric aimed at a group of people due to the actions of a minority, aimed at highlighting the violence by that minority, should I no way, shape, or form be suggested as inciting violence or upping the risk of problems to any degree. And now, all of a sudden, such things are directly responsible for the "results" we saw last night?

So let me get this straight. The "results last night" were because of people suggesting white cops are gunning down black people?

Personally, I'd say that the "results" of last night were the responsibility of the person who pulled the trigger. However, I would say that those who have been overblowing the issue you spoke of definitely have helped create an atmosphere that increases the risk of this kind of thing. I just found that really strange coming out of your mouth, since just a month ago you were basically arguing fervently against me for suggesting such things.

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio that the shooter said he worked alone and did not belong to any group.

So let me get this straight. The "results last night" were because of people suggesting white cops are gunning down black people?

Yes. That was the shooters motivation. He said so himself.

That's weird. Just less than a month ago, you were proclaiming a protest, aimed in part to highlight the violence being perpetrated by a minority within a particular group, in no way, shape, or form should even be suggested as increasing the risk of something harmful happening let alone being the reason for the "results" of any harm coming to fruition.

That sounds like a really great post or series of posts on my part. It's a bummer I don't remember it.

Naw, of course not. It's only "rhetoric" done by more right wing sources that could ever be a problem.

Really? What about the other snipers?

Yea I didn't get that, I think they were talking about testimony from the one guy they killed while they were talking with him. It was a short news bite.

Im thinking if he wanted BLM to take credit he would have said so.

#BlackLivesMatter Takes Responsibility for Dallas Attack - United Media Publishing

This just in.

What are your thoughts about BLM taking responsibility for the horrible sniper attack on innocent Law Enforcement Officers?

This just in! This is a stroy from a website who has its own section in Snopes. United Media Publishing Archives | Snopes.com They have their own section in snopes dedicated to the **** they post, because almost all of it is complete bull****...
"Although United Media Publishing's web site doesn't feature a disclaimer identifying its content as fake news, earlier articles from that outlet include a false claim that Charles Manson had died in prison and another fabricated story about Christian couples "divorcing en masse" in protest of same-sex marriage."

Also you can find no information on a Peter Samuels who is supposedly a journalist for AP....

more made up right wing fantasy.

Cm26XjCWIAAfv1p.jpg:large

More left wing Obama voters.

That sounds like a really great post or series of posts on my part. It's a bummer I don't remember it.

It was the thread regarding the incident down in Texas with the protest against the killings/violence over the mocking of Muhammad. When you accused me of suggesting that Islamic Terrorism was "justifiable" for suggesting rhetoric and actions by protesters can enflame a situation and increase the chance for risk.

Protests aimed at ridiculing a tenant of the Muslim faith, and viewed as attacking Muslims across the board due to the actions of a minority of them, can't POSSIBLY enflame a situation.

But somehow protests viewed as attacking Cops across the board due to actions of a minority of them can be the reason for the "results" of people being killed.

See, I think the "rhetoric" done on any side can potentially enflame a situation....and yet at the same time still hold those who take actions related to that enflamed situation directly responsible for those actual actions.

YOU on the other hand...seem to have been completely and utterly excusing it when it suited your purpose, and then immediately placing the blame on it when it suits your purpose as well.

Naw, of course not. It's only "rhetoric" done by more right wing sources that could ever be a problem.[/QUOTE]

This just in! This is a stroy from a website who has its own section in Snopes. United Media Publishing Archives | Snopes.com They have their own section in snopes dedicated to the **** they post, because almost all of it is complete bull****...
"Although United Media Publishing's web site doesn't feature a disclaimer identifying its content as fake news, earlier articles from that outlet include a false claim that Charles Manson had died in prison and another fabricated story about Christian couples "divorcing en masse" in protest of same-sex marriage."

Also you can find no information on a Peter Samuels who is supposedly a journalist for AP....

The bigoted hate of the left wing has spread to another black terror group

Yes. That was the shooters motivation. He said so himself.

The results last night were because this shooter believed that ignorant stuff and chose, himself, to murder people.

THAT is the direct reason for the results last night.

The fact that people have been enflaming the situation with idiotic over the top rhetoric helped create a situation where he likely came to his conclusions. But the results last night were the responsibility of the shooter and the shooter alone, not the results of peoples speech...no matter how dumb or hateful that speech may've been.

Those within the BLM movement who have been criticizing cops in hypberolic fashion across the board, or calling for violence either literally or metaphorically, or who are suggesting other kinds of over the top exaggerated conspiratorial type notions with it, absolutely are responsible for enflaming this situation to which this is connected (they are not the only ones responsible for that, but they absolutely are a significant portion). And those who are doing those specific type of things are worthy of condemnation for those things.

They however are NOT worthy of condemnation for being part or causing the "results" last night. That belongs to the shooter.

Really? What about the other snipers?

Obama: Dallas shooting 'vicious, calculated, despicable attack... | www.ajc.com

In a news conference early Friday, Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown said three suspects were in custody in relation to the shooting. Two of them were apprehended after they were seen throwing camouflage bags into the back of a car and speeding away from the scene. No additional details were available on the connection between the third suspect, a woman, and the shooting.

The bigoted hate of the left wing has spread to another black terror group

1.)Thanks for proving that its not Black Lives Matter
2.)Making a simple post on Facebook does not prove anything. Any lone nut could claim responsibility on social media.

Can I tweet something as #BLM if I want to? I dont trust Infowars myself. If it's not in mainstream, I'm not buying it.

yeah I wouldn' trust any of the trash that comes from that site.
alex jones is a conspiracy theorist nut job of the first order.

1.)Thanks for proving that its not Black Lives Matter
2.)Making a simple post on Facebook does not prove anything. Any lone nut could claim responsibility on social media.

Who said this group was BLM? I never once said that. This is breaking news from the Obama fan club.

Who said this group was BLM? I never once said that. This is breaking news from the Obama fan club.

Lets see here you post a false report that BLM has taken responsibility for the attack and then continue to defend the false report.

Lets see here you post a false report that BLM has taken responsibility for the attack and then continue to defend the false report.

Your problem is that you cannot argue with proven fact. BLM terror network committed a horrible crime and all you are doing is singing the praises of the attack! HORRIBLE.

Just as a note....

I can not find any record, what so ever, of a "Peter Samuels of the Associated Press". Furthermore, the website that is the "source" for this has a long history of putting out abjectly false news stories. Combine that with the fact that none of these claims seem to actually be linked to any of the evidence they "claim", it's really hard to buy it as legit to even a slight degree.

Back
Top Bottom