• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM: Hands up, ... gimme yo money.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The agenda, titled "A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom and Justice" was released Monday by the Movement for Black Lives. The platform also comes after both the Republican and Democratic conventions, during which Black Lives Matter activists were noticeably absent from protest lines.

"We seek radical transformation, not reactionary reform," Michaela Brown, a spokeswoman for Baltimore Bloc, one of the group's partner organizations, said in a statement. "As the 2016 election continues, this platform provides us with a way to intervene with an agenda that resists state and corporate power, an opportunity to implement policies that truly value the safety and humanity of Black lives, and an overall means to hold elected leaders accountable."

The agenda outlines six demands and offers 40 recommendations on how to address them. To address criminal justice reform, for example, movement organizers are calling for an end to the type of militarized police presence seen at protests in cities like Ferguson, and the retroactive decriminalization and immediate release of all people convicted of drug offenses, sex work related offense and youth offenses.

The group also is calling for the passage of a bill that would create a commission to study reparations for descendants of slaves.

Groups affiliated with Black Lives Matter release agenda

Reparations? LMAO

For something I wasn't responsible for and nothing to do with?

The group also is calling for the passage of a bill that would create a commission to study reparations for descendants of slaves.

Reparations? Reparations for what?

There's no black person alive today that was ever a slave in the United States.

Nor is there any white person alive today that was ever a slave owner.

Last edited:
Would these reparations be paid by all Americans? It would have to come from Tax dollars right? Or are they going to hunt down all the Descendants of Masters and just make them pay?

Reparations? LMAO

I dunno. It may have some merit.

One side of my family were (relatively) wealthy land owners in the South. The other side were more hardscrabble farmers/preachers in the North who were active in the early Abolition movement.

So that will be.....

Ships' passage...
100 years of Room and Board...
Remuneration for Loss of Property...
Remuneration for Destruction of Property...
And wages for and advocating and then fighting to free the slaves, plus pension, please.

Or we could just all be responsible for our own decisions.

The agenda, titled "A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black Power, Freedom and Justice" was released Monday by the Movement for Black Lives. The platform also comes after both the Republican and Democratic conventions, during which Black Lives Matter activists were noticeably absent from protest lines.

"We seek radical transformation, not reactionary reform," Michaela Brown, a spokeswoman for Baltimore Bloc, one of the group's partner organizations, said in a statement. "As the 2016 election continues, this platform provides us with a way to intervene with an agenda that resists state and corporate power, an opportunity to implement policies that truly value the safety and humanity of Black lives, and an overall means to hold elected leaders accountable."

The agenda outlines six demands and offers 40 recommendations on how to address them. To address criminal justice reform, for example, movement organizers are calling for an end to the type of militarized police presence seen at protests in cities like Ferguson, and the retroactive decriminalization and immediate release of all people convicted of drug offenses, sex work related offense and youth offenses.

Take away the reparations (keep the bolded), and this white boy could get behind this platform! :thumbs:

Though I might have to differentiate between personal possession & small scale sales offenses - vs large scale dealing.

Who can take them seriously?

Reparations? LMAO

That is what you laugh at and not the letting out of tons of criminals?

Take away the reparations (keep the bolded), and this white boy could get behind this platform! :thumbs:

Though I might have to differentiate between personal possession & small scale sales offenses - vs large scale dealing.

If they stop shooting police they wont come in riot gear, other than that I agree with you

Start watching here and continue.

You will see whites have very little to pay for as far as slavery goes.

That is what you laugh at and not the letting out of tons of criminals?

I don't have an issue letting out people that are in for drugs and prostitution, these are victimless crimes.

I don't have an issue letting out people that are in for drugs and prostitution, these are victimless crimes.

Drug crimes are definitely not victim less.

More than 60 organizations associated with the Black Lives Matter movement have released a series of demands on Monday, including for reparations.

The list of six platform demands is aimed at furthering their goals as the presidential campaign heads into the homestretch.

The release of the six demands comes a few days before the second anniversary of the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., which set off months of protests and led to a national conversation about police killings of blacks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/black-lives-matter-campaign.html?_r=0

You can cite BLM members shooting police officers?

No your right I'm sure the people that are killing police officers have nothing to do with BLM. They just happen to be killing officer during BLM rallies. Nothing to see here.

Do you have any proof Nazi's killed any Jews? I have it on good authority the Holocaust never happened.

Drug crimes are definitely not victim less.
Drug addicts become victims of their drug use, that true.

But drug criminalization makes victims of drug users, possessors, (and addicts as well), at the hands of the criminal justice system.

Big difference.

No your right I'm sure the people that are killing police officers have nothing to do with BLM. They just happen to be killing officer during BLM rallies. Nothing to see here.

Do you have any proof Nazi's killed any Jews? I have it on good authority the Holocaust never happened.
This is a ridiculous Godwin argument, in lieu of your ability to provide evidence supporting your claims.

This is a ridiculous Godwin argument, in lieu of your ability to provide evidence supporting your claims.

Thugs shooting white cops at a BLM protests are BLM supporters killing white cops. You can make all the excuses you want. It doesn't change a thing.

Thugs shooting white cops at a BLM protests are BLM supporters killing white cops. You can make all the excuses you want. It doesn't change a thing.
And once again, would you please provide citation or other evidence.

I have seen nothing to this effect, and quite a bit contrary. The Dallas shooter comes to mind.

(unfortunately, I have to go offline now)

Sounds a lot like the Nation of Islam's "Muslim Program"
https://www.noi.org/muslim-program/
https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/

"To address criminal justice reform, for example, movement organizers are calling for an end to the type of militarized police presence seen at protests in cities like Ferguson, and the retroactive decriminalization and immediate release of all people convicted of drug offenses, sex work related offense and youth offenses."

Reasonable, other than the bit about "youth offenses"....what if it was armed assault to murder?

"The group also is calling for the passage of a bill that would create a commission to study reparations for descendants of slaves.
"

Eat a bag of ****s.

Sounds a lot like the Nation of Islam's "Muslim Program"

Stuff like decriminalizing drug and sex offenses, as well as releasing people, sounds socially libertarian to me.

Stuff like decriminalizing drug and sex offenses, as well as releasing people, sounds socially libertarian to me.

If I want to do a line of cocaine and screw a hooker where is the victim? No victim no Crime.

The vast majority are.

The vast majority of people in prison for extended periods of time are there for dealing, not using

That is not a victim less crime.

Back
Top Bottom