• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM DC complains that shot police officers treated as 'heroes' in 'tear jerker press conferences'

These cops are heroes compared to just about anyone. In fact, every working day a cop on the beat risks his or her life to protect others. Find me someone who does not consider that heroic, and I'll show you asshat.
Cops don't give a shit about protecting others. They want to get paid and go home like anyone else. This idiotic hero worship is what protects cops from consequences when they screw up.

Cops don't give a shit about protecting others. They want to get paid and go home like anyone else. This idiotic hero worship is what protects cops from consequences when they screw up.
I suggest you get to know more cops.

BLM is there to make money and is really complaining because they feel the police are trying to muscle in on their branding. This is why the slogan, "All lives matter", was resisted. The "All lives matter" slogan, although making sense in the land of common sense, was like trying to use a knock-off of the McDonald's brand. Is this was allowed it could confuse the charitable people, and divert what had been an exclusive money stream. Empathy for the police could also cut into their business plan and bottom line. I am sure everyone knows that BLM is over a $billion business. Donations increase when there is more hate for the police. They have both a shady and a naive cliental.

BLM is there to make money and is really complaining because they feel the police are trying to muscle in on their branding. This is why the slogan, "All lives matter", was resisted. The "All lives matter" slogan, although making sense in the land of common sense, was like trying to use a knock-off of the McDonald's brand. Is this was allowed it could confuse the charitable people, and divert what had been an exclusive money stream. Empathy for the police could also cut into their business plan and bottom line. I am sure everyone knows that BLM is over a $billion business. Donations increase when there is more hate for the police. They have both a shady and a naive cliental.
Nobody ever cared enough to say "all lives matter" until "black lives matter" became a thing. It's only ever said by people who don't support BLM. But if all lives really matter, then black lives should matter too.

The article or the BLM DC twitter account?

So far as I can tell from reading what's available in the article, the BLM DC is saying that coverage of police is biased in favor of police, and should put equal concern on cases of black people dying, notably when they are killed by police.
They are trying to use the events to promote their position that police need to be held to a higher standard of conduct.

They then reply to their own statement in a manner that indicates they're concerned their statement will be misconstrued as favoring the violence against police, but reiterate that it serves as an example of their concerns about biased coverage.

------------------

The headline, if not article itself, is implying that BLM DC is doing just that, so I'm guessing their concern about being misconstrued was warranted.
Yes, exactly. BLM is attempting to equate the shooting of a first responder, someone whose purpose for being there is to protect people, to the shooting of a criminal suspect violent resisting arrest and who is thus endangering others.

Only in the warped social justice mind are those two events comparable and worthy of an equally sympathetic public reaction.

Actually they do when you read the study. It's hard to find statistically significance with few data points with police shootings.
They referenced it because it was a finding. That's good science.
However.. they did find that there was a statistically significant difference in level of force used even when controlled for people's actions etc.
That would certainly help explain minotity attitudes to police and could explain how incidents with minorities voted escalate to use of deadly force.
And the fact is that minorities ate subjected to g
Higher use of force than white people.
Please cite the passage from the report where the authors retract or qualify the claim made in the abstract.

Who are you trying to fool? Cops care about other cops first and foremost; everyone else is secondary.
I’m attempting to fool no one. I’m suggesting you learn more about cops rather than make ignorant statements about them.

Nobody ever cared enough to say "all lives matter" until "black lives matter" became a thing. It's only ever said by people who don't support BLM. But if all lives really matter, then black lives should matter too.
I think all lives matter, and I certainly don’t support what BLM has become. What’s wrong with either of those positions?

I think all lives matter, and I certainly don’t support what BLM has become. What’s wrong with either of those positions?
BLM hasn't become anything other than what they always were: a voice speaking on behalf of black lives, and black victims of the police. If you don't support that, then you don't really believe that "all lives matter."

BLM hasn't become anything other than what they always were: a voice speaking on behalf of black lives, and black victims of the police. If you don't support that, then you don't really believe that "all lives matter."
No, they are not speaking up for black lives. They are speaking up for an anti-law enforcement agenda that has literally cost lives, many of them black.

Now why should I be jealous of a country that doesn't have honest elections (like the one that I choose to live in does), doesn't have politicians who are less concerned with getting re-elected than they are will getting the policies that they ran for election on enacted (like the one that I choose to live in does), has a higher overall crime rate than the one that I choose to live in does, has a higher overall violent crime rate than the one that I choose to live in does, has had more elected politicians sent to jail for corruption in the last year than than the one that I choose to live in had in the past 10 years, has a lower ranked healthcare system than the one that I choose to live in does, has a lower ranked educational system than the one that I choose to live in does, has a lower "happiness index" than the one that I choose to live in does, has a higher "corruption index" than the one that I choose to live in does, and can't even get started on fixing its own problems because it is "unAmerican" to admit that there is actually anything wrong with the United States of America (unless, of course, you can blame it on "Those People")

Which one? The one of whom Irving Layton once said "In Trudeau, Canada has finally produced a politician worthy of assassination." or the one who has been able to keep the impact of COVID-19 down well below that of COVID-19's impact on the US?

Really, no one here (except for one or two residents of "The Home") even noticed.

I am quite happy to live in Canada, thank you very much.
We should emulate China since they also have 0 active cases!!!

No, they are not speaking up for black lives. They are speaking up for an anti-law enforcement agenda that has literally cost lives, many of them black.
Factually false
no matter how many times you post retarded lies like this it will never be true it only exposes the dishonest and monumental topical ignorance of your moronic posts LMAO

I loved this triggered thread is still failing and exposing the unhinged bigoted false narritive views of so many!!!
They cant help themselves!

BLM is racist! GRRRRRR
BLM is a terrorist org! GRRRRR
BLM is anti all cops! GRRRRR

:ROFLMAO:😂🍿

That is just idiotic. The facts of those cases are what they are. I merely cited them. You’re the one displaying the willful ignorance. Or are you one of those folks who likes seeing cops shot as some kind of street justice?
Don't make stupid ****ing arguments. You asked if there were any who weren't "sociopaths", I said likely but they don't get the headlines. Then you hand pick some headlines to promote your propaganda. Unless you have a list of all spokespeople and leaders of BLM, you haven't disproven anything.

Who are you trying to fool? Cops care about other cops first and foremost; everyone else is secondary.

I’m attempting to fool no one. I’m suggesting you learn more about cops rather than make ignorant statements about them.
I'd agree.

The liberals / progressives / Democrat's demonizing and defunding of cops have caused the cops to 'hunker down' and defend their own more, not less, so this demonizing and de-funding of cops was far more counter productive, degrading the situation further.

In addition, this demonizing and de-funding of cops also led to the de-policing some neighborhoods (Ferguson effect), allowing crime to fester and grow more than it would have had this demonizing and de-funding of cops not taken place.

Lastly the liberal / progressive DAs supported by Democrats who's campaigns were funded by Soros foundations in some cities public policies specific to 'No Cash Bail', down charging some serious crimes to misdemeanors and not charging some crimes at all, only resulted in violent criminals being released only to commit more crimes, has only further degraded the situation.

BLM's elevating of criminals being shot due to their needless escalation of the arrest situation is simply just another of their steps, and continued degrading of cops, just further degrades the situation in those areas.

When are people of the electorate in these areas going to realize that the liberal / progressive / Democrats public policies only cause the situation in their areas to continue to degrade?

Please cite the passage from the report where the authors retract or qualify the claim made in the abstract.
Why? What difference does that make ?
Seriously?
I just showed you an example of a man who according to you..did everything wrong.. and yet was not shot by officers though they had justification.
How would that have shown up in this study?

They are not based on reality.

The liberals / progressives / Democrat's demonizing a
LIBERALS GRRRRR!
Progressives GRRRR!
Democrats GRRRRR!

more triggered nonsense LOL

🤣😂🍿

Okay, from that story we have a copy of BLM's tweet asking why these people are not similarly lauded as "heros."

View attachment 67370875

With a few minutes of web searching, let's see*:

* incomplete list of thugs BLM would have us believe are heros.
I think BLM is a misnomer. Of course black lives matter just as much as those of every other color, but BLM wants scumbags to matter more than the police that protect society from those scumbags. BLM should be Scumbag Lives Matter, or SLM.

Police Lives Matter More than Scumbags' Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think BLM is a misnomer. Of course black lives matter just as much as those of every other color, but BLM wants scumbags to matter more than the police that protect society from those scumbags. BLM should be Scumbag Lives Matter, or SLM.

Police Lives Matter More than Scumbags' Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO another perfect example of factual wrong unhinged triggered tinfoil hat false narrative meltdown claim LMAO
BLM is a misnomer!! GRRR
BLM wants scumbags to matter more than the police!! GRRR
BLM should be SLM!! GRRRR

IaEUPBp.gif

Don't make stupid ****ing arguments. You asked if there were any who weren't "sociopaths", I said likely but they don't get the headlines. Then you hand pick some headlines to promote your propaganda. Unless you have a list of all spokespeople and leaders of BLM, you haven't disproven anything.
I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were saying those shot by police don't make headlines where foolish comments from BLM did, and then I provided you headlines of those shot by police.

Why? What difference does that make ?
Seriously?
I just showed you an example of a man who according to you..did everything wrong.. and yet was not shot by officers though they had justification.
How would that have shown up in this study?
You are making the claim that in the abstract of a study you cited, where it says there's no evidence of racial bias in police shootings, the authors got it wrong. You claimed they were wrong due to a lack of data. I am asking you where you got that insight. If it's not from that study, where is it?

FWIW, I see two possibilities. First, you have data to backup your claim that the authors of the study got it wrong but for some mysterious reason haven't shared that. Second, you're embarrassed that a study you cited to refute my claim actually supports it and are desperately trying to avoid openly recognizing that by making further claims that you cannot support.

Hmm ...

Back
Top Bottom