• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM Co-founder DEMANDS “White Folks” Stop Saying “All Lives Matter”…It’s Racist!

I'm allowed to sometimes be immature.
Geesh, spoiled sport.

Id just like to point out that not a single person has attempted to answer why they feel required to say all lives matter when someone says black lives matter but not under any other circumstance.

When I hear black lives matter I think "this is an emotion that the black community is having for various reasons, some of which might be very valid complaints that we should consider."

I can't imagine my first thought being "nope, screw you guys! how dare you try to make a point!"

This mindset that we need to get rid of is exactly why MLK, now world renown as the epitome of the peaceful protester, was constantly accused of inciting racial hatred and violence, even being investigated by the FBI for it.

People are looking for reasons to separate us and to make the others seem far more violent and separatist than they really are. It's disgusting.

You made the accusation......not me. I called you out on it.

You made the claim. Prove it. If there was something I said that requires evidence then quote it. Otherwise provide evidence for your claim.

You made the claim. Prove it. If there was something I said that requires evidence then quote it. Otherwise provide evidence for your claim.

You are the one that suggested that blacks only want the same rights.....................they do!

Please don't troll the issue unless you can make the claim.

Well I think there's a point to be made here, though I don't think people are saying all lives matter just to be racist.

Do any of the same people that counter act "black lives matter" with "all lives matter" do this to any other cause?

Do you scream "all lives matter" when people say "blue lives matter"? Do you yell "All cancers matter" when someone asks for a donation for the breast cancer charity?

Why do some feel it so important to squelch the idea that unarmed black people deserve the same rights as anyone else? Its amazing to me that it upsets people so much.

Saying all lives matter is saying that unarmed (or armed) black people deserve the same rights as anyone else. It amazes me that some cannot understand this.

Well I think there's a point to be made here, though I don't think people are saying all lives matter just to be racist.

Do any of the same people that counter act "black lives matter" with "all lives matter" do this to any other cause?

Do you scream "all lives matter" when people say "blue lives matter"? Do you yell "All cancers matter" when someone asks for a donation for the breast cancer charity?

Why do some feel it so important to squelch the idea that unarmed black people deserve the same rights as anyone else? Its amazing to me that it upsets people so much.

For one thing, the only reason anyone would ever think to have said "blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" is because some gavon said "black lives matter".
And the only reason that gavon started saying "black lives matter" is not because unarmed black people were getting shot by police more than unarmed white people.
In other words "black lives matter" was built on as phony a foundation as "hands up don't shoot" and "Fer-gu-son".

And to wrap it up, it would have occurred to no one in their right mind that breast cancer awareness would exclude general cancer awareness in importance.
But as the op suggested, the BLM co-founder is not in their right mind.

Id just like to point out that not a single person has attempted to answer why they feel required to say all lives matter when someone says black lives matter but not under any other circumstance.

When I hear black lives matter I think "this is an emotion that the black community is having for various reasons, some of which might be very valid complaints that we should consider."

I can't imagine my first thought being "nope, screw you guys! how dare you try to make a point!"

This mindset that we need to get rid of is exactly why MLK, now world renown as the epitome of the peaceful protester, was constantly accused of inciting racial hatred and violence, even being investigated by the FBI for it.

People are looking for reasons to separate us and to make the others seem far more violent and separatist than they really are. It's disgusting.

I did in #30.

For one thing, the only reason anyone would ever think to have said "blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" is because some gavon said "black lives matter".
And the only reason that gavon started saying "black lives matter" is not because unarmed black people were getting shot by police more than unarmed white people.
In other words "black lives matter" was built on as phony a foundation as "hands up don't shoot" and "Fer-gu-son".

And to wrap it up, it would have occurred to no one in their right mind that breast cancer awareness would exclude general cancer awareness in importance.
But as the op suggested, the BLM co-founder is not in their right mind.

What? I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

Saying all lives matter is saying that unarmed (or armed) black people deserve the same rights as anyone else. It amazes me that some cannot understand this.

All Lives Matter should be the slogan that BLM is using. Do you not understand that BLM is divisive and racist where as ALM makes the case that black lives matter too rather than only. (Sorry but it does come off that way).

I fully expected so.

Please provide evidence for this. Show me that unarmed black people and unarmed white people are killed by the police equally by population. Mind you that black people make up 13% of the population.

Trying to determine justified means or not based on national race percentages turns the entire concept of having a police force with lethal force into a matter of statistical means and nothing more.

It takes all personal responsibility out of the equation on both part of the LEO and related parties to the civilian individuals involved in the incident.

ONE justified killing in the line of duty is one too many. It doesn't matter if their race constitutes a minority or majority. Blacks could be 80% of the population or 2% - doesn't matter. When your LEO'S use excessive force continuously, there's a problem, regardless of racial percentages on a national level.

Which means that even if black percentage was even (13% and 13%) doesn't matter if the end doesn't justify the means.

Posted without comment.

Who died and left her in charge?

“The Democrats have always been reliant on the black vote. Part of what we’re doing is waking black voters up to their power as a voting block, within the Democratic party.”

“Has the Democratic Party taken African-American voters for granted?” Roberts asked.

“Consistently, always. Always and forever.”

Well, she isn't entirely stupid at least.

If I had to venture a guess, it's because no other group whines and cries about their victim hood status nearly as much as the black community. To varying degrees, every group that has come to America has successfully assimilated... but blacks still keep ending up at the bottom. Are they pushed to the bottom? Is it their own doing? Or, is it a combination of both?

I believe it is a combination of both. Whites haven't made it easy, and even purposely put up some road blocks, but blacks haven't helped themselves, either. (Generically speaking, there will always be outliers.)

While I believe what I said here to be true, I personally have no issues with the "Black Lives Matter" phrasing. Black lives do matter, and interest in correcting a societal wrong is not a bad thing, nor does it imply that other groups do not matter. I do not feel the need to have all people included in all phrasing all the time for a sentiment to be valid. That's just absurd thinking.

I will say that I am put off by the DEMAND that the person in the linked article said. That's crossing the line, IMO. Any solution is going to have to come from both sides. Both sides are going to have to change their thinking, their actions... *who* they are, essentially.

Who died and left her in charge?

“The Democrats have always been reliant on the black vote. Part of what we’re doing is waking black voters up to their power as a voting block, within the Democratic party.”

“Has the Democratic Party taken African-American voters for granted?” Roberts asked.

“Consistently, always. Always and forever.”

Well, she isn't entirely stupid at least.
Where else are they going to go? :shrug: Seriously.

Right. So when you hear someone say "blue lives matter" and someone yells back "all lives matter" you think "wow, how nice of them!"?

There's no other reason to say it besides trying to be a dick. It's just the truth. Why can't we just argue the facts without being dicks? Why don't we even try to understand why they are pissed off? Blacks and minorities have been segregated into ghettos that can look like miniature war zones and then on top of that they get stuck in this war on drugs all the while they are being told that it's their fault for not pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps etc. There's going to be some frustration if all of that is going on and then also they feel as though the police can shoot one of them and completely get off scott free.

BLM isn't right about everything. There are issues they want to address that affect more than the black population. Some of them are even arguing very invalid and stupid points. But I think it's important to at least try to understand where they are coming from. Unlike so many others who just want to be childish dicks.

What? I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

I'm saying if you're suggesting BLM was created as a response to unarmed black people being shot by police more than unarmed white people then it was built on a lie or a mistake and you're being suckered if you believe otherwise.
So, whether they realize it or not, anyone saying "all lives matter" as a response is a sensible response.

If I had to venture a guess, it's because no other group whines and cries about their victim hood status nearly as much as the black community. To varying degrees, every group that has come to America has successfully assimilated... but blacks still keep ending up at the bottom. Are they pushed to the bottom? Is it their own doing? Or, is it a combination of both?

I believe it is a combination of both. Whites haven't made it easy, and even purposely put up some road blocks, but blacks haven't helped themselves, either. (Generically speaking, there will always be outliers.)

While I believe what I said here to be true, I personally have no issues with the "Black Lives Matter" phrasing. Black lives do matter, and interest in correcting a societal wrong is not a bad thing, nor does it imply that other groups do not matter. I do not feel the need to have all people included in all phrasing all the time for a sentiment to be valid. That's just absurd thinking.

I will say that I am put off by the DEMAND that the person in the linked article said. That's crossing the line, IMO. Any solution is going to have to come from both sides. Both sides are going to have to change their thinking, their actions... *who* they are, essentially.

Go and watch the video. There was no demand that I heard. It's a sensational bull**** headline.

Trying to determine justified means or not based on national race percentages turns the entire concept of having a police force with lethal force into a matter of statistical means and nothing more.

It takes all personal responsibility out of the equation on both part of the LEO and related parties to the civilian individuals involved in the incident.

ONE justified killing in the line of duty is one too many. It doesn't matter if their race constitutes a minority or majority. Blacks could be 80% of the population or 2% - doesn't matter. When your LEO'S use excessive force continuously, there's a problem, regardless of racial percentages on a national level.

Which means that even if black percentage was even (13% and 13%) doesn't matter if the end doesn't justify the means.

Agree. I was just asking someone to back up the claim that they made.

Right. So when you hear someone say "blue lives matter" and someone yells back "all lives matter" you think "wow, how nice of them!"?

There's no other reason to say it besides trying to be a dick. It's just the truth. Why can't we just argue the facts without being dicks? Why don't we even try to understand why they are pissed off? Blacks and minorities have been segregated into ghettos that can look like miniature war zones and then on top of that they get stuck in this war on drugs all the while they are being told that it's their fault for not pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps etc. There's going to be some frustration if all of that is going on and then also they feel as though the police can shoot one of them and completely get off scott free.

BLM isn't right about everything. There are issues they want to address that affect more than the black population. Some of them are even arguing very invalid and stupid points. But I think it's important to at least try to understand where they are coming from. Unlike so many others who just want to be childish dicks.
What are your facts?

You are the one that suggested that blacks only want the same rights.....................they do!

Please don't troll the issue unless you can make the claim.

I don't have time for someone who doesn't even understand what is being said. Argue with someone else who has more patience. Because I have little patience for someone who can't comprehend "quote my claim" or "please provide evidence".

I remember some of those idiots were trying to say that because we think the lives of murderers and child molesters don't matter that somehow all lives matter was a false comment.

That is right up until it is one of their children.

What are your facts?

My facts?

You think the correct response to "why can't we discuss the facts with this group without beings dicks to them" is to ask a person who's not part of the group "what are your facts"?

Jesus.

Go and watch the video. There was no demand that I heard. It's a sensational bull**** headline.
That's it? That's the total of your response after complaining that no one had taken you up on your point?

May I presume that you accept the rest of what I said?

If not, please elaborate.

I'm saying if you're suggesting BLM was created as a response to unarmed black people being shot by police more than unarmed white people then it was built on a lie or a mistake and you're being suckered if you believe otherwise.
So, whether they realize it or not, anyone saying "all lives matter" as a response is a sensible response.

Maybe they built it on more than just that? Maybe they'd tell you that if some people weren't so busy getting their panties twisted over the other side daring to say that lives matter because they didn't also include other lives for ****s sake.

Back
Top Bottom