• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BLM Claims Pokemon Go is Inherently Racist

It's made $43B so far and hasn't handed any of that $$$ out to the black community, so of course it's racist.

Race baiting at its best (worst). BLM wants to feed the otherwise aimless rage and give it a target - white people and "the system." I'm so frigging tired of it. Everything is not about race. Get over yourself BLM. Go down to the local police department and ask to ride along with the cops in your neighborhood or better yet, go get your BLET certificate and get a job as an actual cop in your neighborhood. Pick a corner and stand your post. Stop bitching, put down your signs and megaphones, and start making a difference by actually making a change to the culture that breeds and nurtures the problems that offend you. Protesting is good, as long as you're ready to take real action to make change.

Hey, BLM, Martin Luther King, Jr. put his actions where his mouth was. He worked in the streets to stop the violence. He worked with the government to create the Civil Rights Act. He loudly and publicly and continually condemned violent acts of others and didn't say "we should understand why they acted that way" he just said that what was wrong was wrong, regardless of the motivation.

If you want to be taken seriously, BLM, then be serious about creating change rather than just demanding it from others. In many ways, you sound like a 4 year old that doesn't know how to get their way, thinks someone stole their toys, and just throws a fit blaming their siblings, their parents, and even the dog (Pokémon go in this analogy) for your own inability to get your way and for taking your toys when it was you that lost your damned toys in the first place.

you guys really have an aversion to reading anything but the headline huh? I guess I shouldn't expect much more from a right-wing echo chamber

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

you guys really have an aversion to reading anything but the headline huh? I guess I shouldn't expect much more from a right-wing echo chamber

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Ive read it and its a ridiculous assertion put forth by a race baiting moron

Ive read it and its a ridiculous assertion put forth by a race baiting moron
I'm talking about the article you linked in the OP. If there's any moron here it's the guy who wrote that

I'm talking about the article you linked in the OP. If there's any moron here it's the guy who wrote that

The Author said:
The first respect, is that it's much safer to play Pokemon Go, which requires you to walk around your own neighborhood; if you're white and living in your own neighborhood.

Second, if you're black and you play Pokemon in Beverly Hills, chances are the police are going to stop you, question you and see what you're REALLY up to.

How should they fix this?
Assuming they should fix it in the first place?

The third respect in which Pokemon Go is racist is that you can set yourself up as a white Avatar, hunting down and collecting--or shooting--the black monsters in your own neighborhood.

That's just asinine.
This is why a lot of people don't like BLM and don't like them compared to the civil rights movement.
They create tempests in teapots and that's often giving them a lot of credit, where little is due.

That's just asinine.
This is why a lot of people don't like BLM and don't like them compared to the civil rights movement.
They create tempests in teapots and that's often giving them a lot of credit, where little is due.

BTW, here's a video talking about how Pokemon Go is a "death sentence" if you're a black man:
(Skip to 4:42)

That's just asinine.
Why are you taking what he wrote as fact? He doesn't even cite anything

BTW, here's a video talking about how Pokemon Go is a "death sentence" if you're a black man:
(Skip to 4:42)

idk if it's because im on tapatalk but i don't see a link for a video

Why are you taking what he wrote as fact? He doesn't even cite anything

He's citing a Kotaku article, which was written by Omari Akil – Words. Style. Movement. Love.
So I haven't found a link between he and BLM, he's a supporter.

So I foolishly bought that the org advanced this opinion and will retract that part.
Never the less, the fact that this stupidity gets displayed in mainstream publications, is still no less idiotic.

ah yes the guy likes to douse himself in coffee and stick bananas up his arse i will take him much more seriously

That's totally irrelevant, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what he's saying.

Can you address anything he said in that video or not?

Last edited:
ah yes the guy likes to douse himself in coffee and stick bananas up his arse i will take him much more seriously

Typical liberal response, when the facts are against you attack the source.

That's totally irrelevant, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what he's saying.
I'm not giving TJ the financial satisfaction of giving him any views or minutes watched so why don't you give me the too long didn't watch version of what he said

Typical liberal response, when the facts are against you attack the source.
Facts? What facts? He offered an opinion loudly as if that makes you more correct

I'm not giving TJ the financial satisfaction of giving him any views or minutes watched so why don't you give me the too long didn't watch version of what he said

Just watch it. He explains what he's talking about better than I could.

Back
Top Bottom