• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blatter says France is to blame for U.S. losing the 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Fallenangel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sepp Blatter says France is to blame for U.S. losing the 2022 World Cup to Qatar

"Suspended FIFA President Sepp Blatter sat down with some Russian journalists to talk about a whole bunch of things in a Q&A that was published by TASS on Wednesday morning. The most striking claim he makes is that FIFA had decided to give the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the 2022 World Cup to the United States before the vote was taken in 2010, only to have France intervene..."

All I can say is lel ...
Who would've guessed that their "voting system" is not genuine?!? /sarcasm

Fallen.

Sepp Blatter says France is to blame for U.S. losing the 2022 World Cup to Qatar

"Suspended FIFA President Sepp Blatter sat down with some Russian journalists to talk about a whole bunch of things in a Q&A that was published by TASS on Wednesday morning. The most striking claim he makes is that FIFA had decided to give the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the 2022 World Cup to the United States before the vote was taken in 2010, only to have France intervene..."

All I can say is lel ...

Fallen.

Err we have know that the voting system aint genuine ever since the US "won" the world cup hosting in 1994. It was one of the first times Morocco got shafted by FIFA members. This continued in 1998, and 2002 where they were not allowed to bid.. then again in 2006 and finally in 2010 where the accusations state they won but were denied by Blatter and Co.

Also this France bashing has got to stop. It was Platini, not France.

Who would believe anything Blatter said BEFORE he became a disgruntled ex-dictator with scores to settle?

All I can say is lel ...

Fallen.

It is a criminal organization and everyone has known this for at least 2 decades. What is embarrassing is that it and the members have never been prosecuted. This is bad, because it means the states were not acting according to their laws.
What is also interesting in this criminal environment would be to know if games are rigged.

Err we have know that the voting system aint genuine ever since the US "won" the world cup hosting in 1994. It was one of the first times Morocco got shafted by FIFA members. This continued in 1998, and 2002 where they were not allowed to bid.. then again in 2006 and finally in 2010 where the accusations state they won but were denied by Blatter and Co.

Also this France bashing has got to stop. It was Platini, not France.

It was certainly the individuals. But it was the legal system of each member state that did not prosecute for corruption that was acting criminally as well.

It was certainly the individuals. But it was the legal system of each member state that did not prosecute for corruption that was acting criminally as well.

LOL if you want countries to prosecute their members in FIFA for corruption, how about letting the British start with their 2+ members eh? Sorry but coming now and claiming the moral high ground when the supposed corruption goes back 30+ years.. hell one could argue to the formation of FIFA... is just pathetic.

The sad part is, I kinda believe Blatter on this one.. it would not surprise me one bit and it sounds some what plausible compared to some of the other crap he usually spews out.

LOL if you want countries to prosecute their members in FIFA for corruption, how about letting the British start with their 2+ members eh? Sorry but coming now and claiming the moral high ground when the supposed corruption goes back 30+ years.. hell one could argue to the formation of FIFA... is just pathetic.

The sad part is, I kinda believe Blatter on this one.. it would not surprise me one bit and it sounds some what plausible compared to some of the other crap he usually spews out.

It is bad style to point at others, when one is oneself the criminal. ;) I don't know how it is, where you come from, but in Germany it has been a criminal offence since 1997 to bribe foreigners in foreign countries. We all knew that the 2006 decision was gained illicitly. Where was the prosecutor?

It is bad style to point at others, when one is oneself the criminal. ;) I don't know how it is, where you come from, but in Germany it has been a criminal offence since 1997 to bribe foreigners in foreign countries. We all knew that the 2006 decision was gained illicitly. Where was the prosecutor?

And it has been a crime in many countries for far longer than that.. and yet it still happens regularly and is rampant among the "accuser" nations as well. Hypocrisy at its best.

Oh and this kind of **** goes on in all sport.. American Football, Cricket, Basketball, Rugby and so on. Nothing is immune to corruption.

My favourite comment today is that FIFA had selected Russia to host the 2018 World Cup before voting on who might host the 2018 World Cup had even begun...

And yet, it will still happen in Russia despite the admission of corruption.

And it has been a crime in many countries for far longer than that.. and yet it still happens regularly and is rampant among the "accuser" nations as well. Hypocrisy at its best.

Oh and this kind of **** goes on in all sport.. American Football, Cricket, Basketball, Rugby and so on. Nothing is immune to corruption.

Stop pointing at other countries as an excuse for the failings of your own.

My favourite comment today is that FIFA had selected Russia to host the 2018 World Cup before voting on who might host the 2018 World Cup had even begun...

And yet, it will still happen in Russia despite the admission of corruption.

Got to love how he uses the word "agreed" to refer to the fact that he and others have been bribed to make that call.

Got to love how he uses the word "agreed" to refer to the fact that he and others have been bribed to make that call.

Blatter's slip may be the first real proof that he wasn't above all the backroom dealing that others have been investigated for. He's (successfully?) portrayed himself as a bumbling buffoon who wasn't aware of the bribery and corruption going on by his underlings.

I have a friend working at FIFA headquarters, Zurich - I'll see what he says on this one. There are plenty of lower down minions at FIFA who are clean and never got any of the backhanders and bribes that the middlemen and top managers did.

Blatter's slip may be the first real proof that he wasn't above all the backroom dealing that others have been investigated for. He's (successfully?) portrayed himself as a bumbling buffoon who wasn't aware of the bribery and corruption going on by his underlings.

I have a friend working at FIFA headquarters, Zurich - I'll see what he says on this one. There are plenty of lower down minions at FIFA who are clean and never got any of the backhanders and bribes that the middlemen and top managers did.

I doubt Blatter was convincing anyone since it is known to be as you said - the corruption starts at the top.
You can't be the head of such a huge international organization while "not knowing" what's going on in literally every office next to yours.

I doubt Blatter was convincing anyone since it is known to be as you said - the corruption starts at the top.
You can't be the head of such a huge international organization while "not knowing" what's going on in literally every office next to yours.

He's covered his tracks pretty well so far then (without going into it with my friend yet) because I always see the bumbling buffoon rather than a clever deceptive liar with his hand in the till.

Mind you, I know Stuart isn't a big fan of any discussions on the subject because he doesn't like thinking he's associated with such a corrupt organisation.

I have a pic somewhere of me at the FIFA headquarters last time we went to visit him - I'll post it in the Tavern member pics thread when I find it.

Stop pointing at other countries as an excuse for the failings of your own.

My own? Denmark is probably the cleanest one in FIFA.. and pretty much irrelevant :)

Back
Top Bottom