• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blatant racism on Netflix original series "Ozark"

That OP is especially Poe-etic in light of recent quasi-news about Netflix.

Obviously, this is not the sort of thing we are referring to when we discuss offensive content. When we discuss offensive content, we are talking about gay people kissing and transgender people using public restrooms. That's the content that is protested and boycotted.

To imagine the opposite, that racists are being protested and boycotted, is kinda funny. Some so-called conservatives or Republicans (they are hiding behind those labels) will tell you the "wokists" are the people protesting shows. But that is not the case.

There might be spoilers here but I'll be as discrete as I can.

I can't be the only person that noticed that the psycho blonde chick character listens to African-American rap and gets inspired to go shoot a person of color? Come on, even you people who don't train yourself to see ubiquitous racism as I have can see that, right? The idea that African-American men internalize "thug culture'" has been a racist trope for decades now. That's really incredibly offensive and I hope there will be a movement to have the show removed from streaming.
All those liberal actors playing out their racism. SMH

There might be spoilers here but I'll be as discrete as I can.

I can't be the only person that noticed that the psycho blonde chick character listens to African-American rap and gets inspired to go shoot a person of color? Come on, even you people who don't train yourself to see ubiquitous racism as I have can see that, right? The idea that African-American men internalize "thug culture'" has been a racist trope for decades now. That's really incredibly offensive and I hope there will be a movement to have the show removed from streaming.

Who cares what you think, it was a great episode!

we stopped watching it a while back. just too dark and violent. and slow and boring.

Back
Top Bottom